PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patricia The Rocket Scientist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan. But all of the attributes you listed are precisely what makes him a great coordinator.

Maybe what I should have said is, Patricia acts like a guy who doesn't care about ever becoming a head coach. Look at McDaniels, who has been meticulously rehabilitating his image, giving long interviews about his family and his "personal growth" from arrogant wunderkind to mature leader, etc. etc. That's a man who wants to become the public face of an NFL team.

Meanwhile Patricia goes around with the world's ugliest beard and a middle finger raised toward the commissioner's office, while avoiding the media and generally acting like a football yeti who only emerges from his film cave on game days. Which I love, but says to me that he's not angling for the keys to a franchise. He seems happy staying behind the scenes.

Pats fans are so used to BB's grumpy cat act that we forget that he's pretty much the only H.C. in the NFL who refuses to play nice, refuses to join the coaches' association, etc. Sure, it works for him, but he's a total outlier.

There are worse fates than building a reputation as one of the best DCs ever and sticking with that. Kinda like being the best OL coach ever.

I have no idea what McDaniels' personal considerations might be, but - if I were in his position, I'd be stay with the Pats as OC to absorb as much as I could from BB and Brady while they're still around. I don't see how it could possibly reduce his future value and opportunities as a head coach. Should enhance them, really.

Wow!

Our DE's and LB's were:
Wise
Lee
M. Flowers
Roberts
Harris
and Van Noy for a few plays.

It is difficult to fully absorb this accomplishment. Wow indeed.

Yes, he would make a better HC than Rex.

That doesn't mean that he would be great HC.

I disagree. I think he has the tools of an excellent HC.
He has a great relationship with the players (a B.B.-like respect not a Rex Ryan like buddy buddy). He is intelligent, he understands the big picture. His defenses always improve because he sees the season as a construction phase, just like B.B.
And he wears goodell clown shirts :)

Yes, he would make a better HC than Rex.

That doesn't mean that he would be great HC.
um Aside from being different than Rex I listed a number of other strengths.

What are your reasons he won’t?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan. But all of the attributes you listed are precisely what makes him a great coordinator.
AND a successful HC.

Maybe what I should have said is, Patricia acts like a guy who doesn't care about ever becoming a head coach.

He had interviewed for hc jobs.

Look at McDaniels, who has been meticulously rehabilitating his image, giving long interviews about his family and his "personal growth" from arrogant wunderkind to mature leader, etc. etc. That's a man who wants to become the public face of an NFL team.
McDaniels needs to rehab his image because he failed.

Meanwhile Patricia goes around with the world's ugliest beard and a middle finger raised toward the commissioner's office, while avoiding the media and generally acting like a football yeti who only emerges from his film cave on game days. Which I love, but says to me that he's not angling for the keys to a franchise. He seems happy staying behind the scenes.
Sounds like a certain hc I know. He’s been pretty good.

Pats fans are so used to BB's grumpy cat act that we forget that he's pretty much the only H.C. in the NFL who refuses to play nice, refuses to join the coaches' association, etc. Sure, it works for him, but he's a total outlier.
Patricia has done none of those things.
Many great HCs did their job without trying to get hired in the media.

I think you are making a huge jump here.
None of those things have anything to do with whether he will be successful as a hc.

Well Giants happen to have a opening for Mcdaniels and Caserio.
Geographically it's close enough for his family storied franchise.
BBs blessing and out of the conference it makes too much sense offensively they need a shot in the arm.
Mcdaniels could ride Manning for one or two seasons while he waits for his presumably high draft pick to be ready to be his franchise QB.
Other people the Giants should consider is Patricia and Jim Schwartz.
I feel that Nagy on the Chiefs and Jim Bob Cooter in Detroit deserve a shot.
Giants may look to go with a accomplished head coach and try to coax Gruden or Cowher out of retirement.
Could they take the biggest swing and go after BB giving him complete power and he goes back to a organization he holds in high regard.
Intriguing indeed.

um Aside from being different than Rex I listed a number of other strengths.

What are your reasons he won’t?

I think that the best DC is the league loses a lot of his value when he is responsible for the whole team. It's like Scar a HC. Obviously, Josh has already found this out.

So, sure, Patricia is bright enough to be an OK head coach. And yup, there is more and responsibility.

The choice will be his. Be the best at DC or throw the dice.

It’s been quite the ride for Lee, who went undrafted last year out of South Florida. After being signed by the Pats, he notched a sack in his first game last weekend against Miami. He now has 2.5 sacks in two games, which puts him fourth on the team.

He credits the success to the Patriots’ coaching staff.

“All the coaches, coach [Brendan] Daly to Joe Judge, everyone has me in the meeting room around the right people to ask questions,” Lee said. “Just trying to facilitate my transition as much as possible. Just that extra time, embracing the role. That was something I took to heart. Just being able to contribute isn’t enough. It’s about what you do prior. Just taking advantage of the opportunity.”
From Eric Lee makes most of his opportunities with the Patriots

Patricia doesn’t look like the stereotypical head coach but he was never the sterotypical defensive coordinator either. I think he could probably excel at the job if given the opportunity.

Well Giants happen to have a opening for Mcdaniels and Caserio.
Geographically it's close enough for his family storied franchise.
BBs blessing and out of the conference it makes too much sense offensively they need a shot in the arm.
Mcdaniels could ride Manning for one or two seasons while he waits for his presumably high draft pick to be ready to be his franchise QB.
Other people the Giants should consider is Patricia and Jim Schwartz.
I feel that Nagy on the Chiefs and Jim Bob Cooter in Detroit deserve a shot.
Giants may look to go with a accomplished head coach and try to coax Gruden or Cowher out of retirement.
Could they take the biggest swing and go after BB giving him complete power and he goes back to a organization he holds in high regard.
Intriguing indeed.

Why do so many assume that Caserio wants to leave ?

What can the Giants offer him that the Patriots cant ? It looks like he actually likes the structure in New England where he plays a huge role on the pro personnel side of things but also is hands on during practice and is almost an additional coordinator up in the booth during games.

Why do people assume that he is hellbent of going somewhere just to build that very same thing from scratch not knowing if the team owners give him enough leeway and time to follow through with it ?

Just because him and Josh have history that goes back to college days doesnt mean that they will be tied by their hips for the rest of their professional lives.

Henry says it best here.

Especially after the McAdoo firing expect these talks to be ratcheted up.

I think that the best DC is the league loses a lot of his value when he is responsible for the whole team. It's like Scar a HC. Obviously, Josh has already found this out.

So, sure, Patricia is bright enough to be an OK head coach. And yup, there is more and responsibility.

The choice will be his. Be the best at DC or throw the dice.
Are you honestly implying that he would considering never being a hc so he could remain a coordinator? Really?

It is always good to know hat you're worth.
So your argument is he didn’t want to be a hc but took the interviews just to see what might get offered so he could turn it down? Really?

Why do so many assume that Caserio wants to leave ?

What can the Giants offer him that the Patriots cant ? It looks like he actually likes the structure in New England where he plays a huge role on the pro personnel side of things but also is hands on during practice and is almost an additional coordinator up in the booth during games.

Why do people assume that he is hellbent of going somewhere just to build that very same thing from scratch not knowing if the team owners give him enough leeway and time to follow through with it ?

Just because him and Josh have history that goes back to college days doesnt mean that they will be tied by their hips for the rest of their professional lives.
It is typical of highly motivated, high achieving people to want more responsibility and have the opportunity to build their own organization.

The disease of more and why some people can never be happy..
Some people are not happy if they aren’t pushing themselves to achieve. Contentment and settling are not exactly superior qualities.

Wow!

Our DE's and LB's were:
Wise
Lee
M. Flowers
Roberts
Harris
and Van Noy for a few plays.
Yeah, it's pretty amazing just how "talentless" we are at those positions and the DT's aren't a whole lot better. With the exception perhaps of a resurgent Malcolm Brown, our DT's have been a subpar Alan Branch, a sold journeyman in Lawrence Guy, and an Undrafted rookie FA who made the team because of injuries in Adam Butler. No one you have to game plan for there. ;)

So literally we have ZERO players on the front seven who are capable of beating anyone one one one for the better part of 2 games, and yet somehow we got 11 sacks over that period, while we managed just 17 in the previous 10 games combined. Try and figure out THAT equation. :eek:

It is a mystery greater than the Trinity and has to be taken with the same amount of faith to be believed. ;) Use whatever adage you want. MP is "getting by with blue smoke and mirrors", or "the sum is greater than the individual parts". Whatever you want, yet the results on the field belie what SHOULD be happening on paper.

In the end what we are seeing tells us two things that are often lost in all the media hype that drives us. One, even the so called JAG's are great athletes who train at a very high level. And two, in football, coaching REALLY, really matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes