PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patricia The Rocket Scientist

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really something to see how much the defense has been turned around. From worst to 9th in points.

Assuming they keep it up they should finish at least somewhere around 7th.

That’s crazy! So proud of this team! We’ve lost our QB of the defence. Looks good for next season as well.

Yup. The prospects for 2018 are truly amazing. We have been a #1 defense for weeks. We will add Hightower, Valentine and Rivers.
====
We might consider all the key free agents in the defensive front seven (none, unless you want to count Marquis Flowers and RFA Reilly).

Of course, Butler and Bademosi are free agents.
=============

This is why if Bill's successor is on this team, I really hope it's Patricia and not McD. Patricia is a very, very good DC.

Remember when this title was used sarcastically after the first quarter of the season? People are in such a rush to judgement.

That’s crazy! So proud of this team! We’ve lost our QB of the defence. Looks good for next season as well.
Since week 4 in addition to #1 in points allowed (a stingy 95 points or 11.9 ppg) they are 15 in total defense, 13 in pass yards, 13 in sacks, 13 in takeaways, 7 in defensive qb rating, 12 in rush yards 8 in first downs

This is why if Bill's successor is on this team, I really hope it's Patricia and not McD. Patricia is a very, very good DC.

He's a terrific DC, but that doesn't necessarily make him a good head coaching candidate. I think there's a reason why he hasn't gotten more nibbles...he strikes me as more of a behind-the-scenes guy.

He's a terrific DC, but that doesn't necessarily make him a good head coaching candidate. I think there's a reason why he hasn't gotten more nibbles...he strikes me as more of a behind-the-scenes guy.

I would hope that he stays that way, with a big bonus and raise.

I disagree. I think he has the tools of an excellent HC.
He has a great relationship with the players (a B.B.-like respect not a Rex Ryan like buddy buddy). He is intelligent, he understands the big picture. His defenses always improve because he sees the season as a construction phase, just like B.B.
And he wears goodell clown shirts :)

We all know he’s a rocket scientist but is he a brain surgeon too?

Last edited:
Remember when this title was used sarcastically after the first quarter of the season? People are in such a rush to judgement.

Yeah people were ripping on Patricia in here earlier this year. Saying Belichick keeps him afloat. We should go back and dig up some of those posts and publicly shame those people.

I disagree. I think he has the tools of an excellent HC.
He has a great relationship with the players (a B.B.-like respect not a Rex Ryan like buddy buddy). He is intelligent, he understands the big picture. His defenses always improve because he sees the season as a construction phase, just like B.B.
And he wears goodell clown shirts :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan. But all of the attributes you listed are precisely what makes him a great coordinator.

Maybe what I should have said is, Patricia acts like a guy who doesn't care about ever becoming a head coach. Look at McDaniels, who has been meticulously rehabilitating his image, giving long interviews about his family and his "personal growth" from arrogant wunderkind to mature leader, etc. etc. That's a man who wants to become the public face of an NFL team.

Meanwhile Patricia goes around with the world's ugliest beard and a middle finger raised toward the commissioner's office, while avoiding the media and generally acting like a football yeti who only emerges from his film cave on game days. Which I love, but says to me that he's not angling for the keys to a franchise. He seems happy staying behind the scenes.

Pats fans are so used to BB's grumpy cat act that we forget that he's pretty much the only H.C. in the NFL who refuses to play nice, refuses to join the coaches' association, etc. Sure, it works for him, but he's a total outlier.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan. But all of the attributes you listed are precisely what makes him a great coordinator.

Maybe what I should have said is, Patricia acts like a guy who doesn't care about ever becoming a head coach. Look at McDaniels, who has been meticulously rehabilitating his image, giving long interviews about his family and his "personal growth" from arrogant wunderkind to mature leader, etc. etc. That's a man who wants to become the public face of an NFL team.

Meanwhile Patricia goes around with the world's ugliest beard and a middle finger raised toward the commissioner's office, while avoiding the media and generally acting like a football yeti who only emerges from his film cave on game days. Which I love, but says to me that he's not angling for the keys to a franchise. He seems happy staying behind the scenes.

Pats fans are so used to BB's grumpy cat act that we forget that he's pretty much the only H.C. in the NFL who refuses to play nice, refuses to join the coaches' association, etc. Sure, it works for him, but he's a total outlier.
Mcdaniels turned down the Falcons Niners and Titans.
Now geographically the Two jobs that makes sense is the Giants which he will have BBs blessing or Cleveland turning around his home town team.
I expect him to be offered that along with possibly the Detroit or Houston Job.
If Houston fires OBrein I hope he finds his way back here.
Of course the preference is to keep Josh.

I hate to say this but to NFL owners appearances matter.

Clearly Patricia thinks thats BS and couldn't give a rats fart.

Wow!

Our DE's and LB's were:
Wise
Lee
M. Flowers
Roberts
Harris
and Van Noy for a few plays.

Agree 100%.

To augment your point with the defensive snap percentages (via Jeff Howe on Twitter) ...

Wise = 87% (53% last week)
Lee = 85% (41%)
M. Flowers = 52% (34%)
Roberts = 73% (56%)
Harris = 37% (34%)
and Van Noy = 22% (averaging 94% thru last week)

plus Grissom = 10% (On the PS last week.)
I just had to get that in there, because I'm sure his 7 snaps were the tone-setter for the game.

It is really something to see how much the defense has been turned around. From worst to 9th in points.

Assuming they keep it up they should finish at least somewhere around 7th.

#2 is very much within reach, especially given the schedule. I would say that it's likely they finish in the top 5 by the end of the year.

Couldn’t agree more. I remember saying I can still see this team go 14-2 at about week 4. It was obvious there was talent they just needed to jel! Couldn’t be more proud of them if I tried!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back