PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Passing of Forum Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patstastic

Closed Acccount
Reaction score
Hello,

I was going through my boyfriend's belongings and came across his account on this forum.

Unfortunately he passed away as a result of heartbreak due to the Patriots loss to Buffalo in the postseason. He said their collapse near the end of the season was too much.

I thought I would pass this along.

He battled many demons and did the best he could.

He loved the team and his happiness depended on their success.

I just ask you pray for us in this time of grief.

Thank you,

Mary

Hello,

I was going through my boyfriend's belongings and came across his account on this forum.

Unfortunately he passed away as a result of heartbreak due to the Patriots loss to Buffalo in the postseason. He said their collapse near the end of the season was too much.

Thank you,

Mary
Hello Mary,

Thanks for reaching out. That is very sad news.

I hope Patstastic has found a greener field wherever he is.

Good luck and sorry for your loss.

Thank you.

I guess the moral of the story is to never let entertainment get into the way of everyday life. It's not worth it.

I told him everyday: "Do you think the Patriots cry when you have a bad day at work. Or lose a promotion? No.".

God bless

Sad News. Thoughts & Prayers to you & his family.

Thank you.

I guess the moral of the story is to never let entertainment get into the way of everyday life. It's not worth it.

I told him everyday: "Do you think the Patriots cry when you have a bad day at work. Or lose a promotion? No.".

God bless
Long story short, for most of my time as a fan my sense of self-worth was overly tied to the team, so I have some small idea of what he must have gone through.

My condolences to you, his family and loved ones.

That's so sad to hear... echoing what @Ian said above. Our hearts go our to your family.

Hello,

Thank you,

Mary
I am so sorry for your loss. May the good Lord rest Patstastic and keep him, and give comfort to you and all those who loved and mourn him.

Condolences to you and all others who knew and loved him.

I’m I only the one that sees this is a joke?
39209.jpg

Hello,

Thank you,
Mary

OMG Mary, so sorry! I hope you are doing as well as possible. Mental health issues with people we are close to are very, very difficult. Thank you for taking the time and spending the emotional energy to post this.

Thank you.
God bless

You've opened up an important conversation about how identified fans get with their teams. Your boyfriend was not alone in this.

OMG Mary, so sorry! I hope you are doing as well as possible. Mental health issues with people we are close to are very, very difficult. Thank you for taking the time and spending the emotional energy to post this.

You've opened up an important conversation about how identified fans get with their teams. Your boyfriend was not alone in this.
I agree.

The question is how do we as fans balance?

I know I was sick for a few weeks after SB 55. It hurt. You watch a team for 8 months. All the way from mini camp. And you get so invested.

How does one not get so invested?

It's easier said than done.

I'm very sorry Mary. Your boyfriend was not alone in living vicariously through sports teams. I live in Buffalo and there were some incredibly emotional and angry reactions that I'm hearing about, and some people are even despondent. We need more attention to health, and sadly I don't think this social media online thing is a good place for many of us.

I'm very sorry Mary. Your boyfriend was not alone in living vicariously through sports teams. I live in Buffalo and there were some incredibly emotional and angry reactions that I'm hearing about, and some people are even despondent. We need more attention to health, and sadly I don't think this social media online thing is a good place for many of us.
Yep.

I'd imagine there's alot of Bills fans missing work today.

I thought I'd be happy that they are miserable.

But I visited their board and realized how much that team means to the city. They identify with them. Like family. I feel for them now.

I've lived in Philly. The Eagles are everything there. When I was a kid they lost at home to TB in the postseason. The next day was like a funeral around the city. Not much traffic. Empty streets.

In KC, the Chiefs are like a religion. Even in bad times, people there loved there football. My family lives there and sad there were people missing school. Lots of people called in to work after the loss.

My condolences. He must have been very young too, because there's no way he would have lived thru '07.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back