PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Papi is a FIRST BALLOT hall of famer!!

IMO Clemons career was over at age 32 after going 40-39 over his last 4 Sox seasons between 1992-1995. His velocity was clocking around 92, Suddenly he goes to Toronto and wins 41 games in 2 years and he's got his velocity back. To my mind his 156 wins between 1996-2007 are tainted.

Last edited:
IMO Clemons career was over at age 32 after going 40-39 over his last 4 Sox seasons between 1992-1995. His velocity was clocking around 92, Suddenly he goes to Toronto and wins 41 games in 2 years and he's got his velocity back. To my mind his 156 wins between 1997-2007 are tainted.
1984-1986 Clemens
80.8 WAR
55.5 WAA
192-111 W-L
144 ERA+
2,776 IP

1955-1966 Koufax
48.9 WAR
30.6 WAA
165-87 W-L
131 ERA+
2,324.1 IP

It doesn't really matter though. Neither side is going to change their mind.

I couldn't care less if any player gets in or doesn't get in. all I care about is the team's hanging banners as much as possible. All the hall of fames in the 4 major sports are run like sh!t. Baseball is the worst. You have guys like this jack ass Dan Shaughnessy. Deciding who to vote for based on his political and personal beliefs.

I couldn't care less if any player gets in or doesn't get in. all I care about is the team's hanging banners as much as possible. All the hall of fames in the 4 major sports are run like sh!t. Baseball is the worst. You have guys like this jack ass Dan Shaughnessy. Deciding who to vote for based on his political and personal beliefs.

Players should vote. Coaches should vote. Sportswriters? How did this ever become the norm?

Players should vote. Coaches should vote. Sportswriters? How did this ever become the norm?
The gap between how players and coaches view guys such as Bonds and Clemens compared to these sportswriters on their moral high ground is huge. Just look at comments from the guys whose opinion actually means something. They know how good those two were. I'll take the opinion of people like Greg Maddux and Bobby Cox over writers with an agenda.

IMO Clemons career was over at age 32 after going 40-39 over his last 4 Sox seasons between 1992-1995. His velocity was clocking around 92, Suddenly he goes to Toronto and wins 41 games in 2 years and he's got his velocity back. To my mind his 156 wins between 1997-2007 are tainted.
Your mind is completely irrelevant. And trying to single out Clemens who, again, was never proven to have done anything, is ridiculous in an era where so many were "tainted".

The entire era is "tainted". Clemens belongs in the HOF.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back