Not open for further replies.

j00fek

Banned
Reaction score
i say over 150yds

under 250yds

:banned:

Re: Over/Under on Oneil/Hobbs Getting Roasted Monday Night

I expect more than 250 total passing yards from Denver.

i say over 150yds

under 250yds

:banned:

O'Neal will be burnt to a crisp at least once. I really don't like him. It just seems like he's always a half step too late in coverage and the ball falls into the receivers hands just before he gets his arm up. But then again, he did make some pretty good plays in our early season games so I guess I'll give him a little bit of a break... but not much.

Neither of them can come close to as bad as Starks was against Denver a few years ago.

Well we aren't playing against LT/Gates so I expect the schemes to protect the deep ball better this week.

Well we aren't playing against LT/Gates so I expect the schemes to protect the deep ball better this week.

It was simple man coverage, and Deltha was beaten twice by Malcolm Floyd, who probably runs a 4.7. If you have to sacrifice a safety to play deep for that every play then you're screwed... O'Neal has to be able to play man coverage properly.

It was simple man coverage, and Deltha was beaten twice by Malcolm Floyd, who probably runs a 4.7. If you have to sacrifice a safety to play deep for that every play then you're screwed... O'Neal has to be able to play man coverage properly.

Why? Samuel cannot play man coverage and would be beaten on that play too if left alone.

EDIT: I'm not saying it's OK for O'Neal to play man poorly, just that the Pats can and HAVE in the past schemed around deficiencies like this.

Last edited:

Why? Samuel cannot play man coverage and would be beaten on that play too if left alone.

EDIT: I'm not saying it's OK for O'Neal to play man poorly, just that the Pats can and HAVE in the past schemed around deficiencies like this.

Isn't Samuel playing nothing but man coverage now in Philly?

Isn't Samuel playing nothing but man coverage now in Philly?

No...They often provide him safety help.

Speed isn't everything when it comes to getting open and I only recall seeing O'neil get "beat" once during the game, and he actually recovered - was in position to make the play - but was simply out leaped by Vincent Jackson.

The secondary allowed big plays, but in all of those big plays (not due to a penalty) the defender was in position. Unlike the 49ers game. Why is it that people simply can't accept the fact that players can play well, but still be out played by the opposition?

I don't expect O'Neil to say "I had a good game" becuase I'm sure he doesn't feel that way, but he was in position to make those plays and was out jumped by the receiver, not to mention the ball placement by Rivers.

What we should be concerned about was the absolute lack of pressure on Rivers all night. I am cautious to even criticize that considering I don't know what the game plan was, but either way the lack of pressure was dissapointing. And every Patriot fan should be fully aware that if a QB has all day to throw the ball, he will pick a part a secondary. We had tons of pressure on O'Sullivan (even though people still complained about the lack of pressure last week, because they equate pressure with sacks) last Sunday and we were playing against a line that was not playing all that well coming into Sunday night's game.

Last edited:

Why is it that people simply can't accept the fact that players can play well, but still be out played by the opposition?
Are you friggin' nuts? :eek:

We're doomed. End of story.

Brandon Marshall will have 200 yards receiving in this game and

at least two touchdowns.

Brandon Marshall will have 200 yards receiving in this game and

at least two touchdowns.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet my house that doesn't happen.

Matter of fact, Cassel breaking the single game yardage/TD record would be LESS suprising to me.

Last edited:

Why not roll a safety over to Oneil's side, we all know that Hobbs wont get beat deep since he plays 10-15 yards off the receiver anyways. Oh, unless he is covering someone significantly taller than his midget frame (flashes back to Plaxico in the regular season last year....)

Why not roll a safety over to Oneil's side, we all know that Hobbs wont get beat deep since he plays 10-15 yards off the receiver anyways. Oh, unless he is covering someone significantly taller than his midget frame (flashes back to Plaxico in the regular season last year....)

The safeties were busy in run support and TE coverage because the coaches felt LdT and Gates were bigger threats than the WRs?

PS: You should get over your blind hatred for Hobbs too and pay some attention.

Are you friggin' nuts? :eek:

We're doomed. End of story.

I'm insane. :D

I simply think a lot fans need to watch more NFL games, and then maybe they will truly appreciate what has been going on here since 2001.

Pats secondary will be burned to a crisp. Sorry, guys, this could be a 500 yard offense day for Denver.

Picture a piece of bread. Now picture a blow torch. Bread, meet Mr. blowtorch! That's what the secondary will look like. Toast!

Pats secondary will be burned to a crisp. Sorry, guys, this could be a 500 yard offense day for Denver.

Picture a piece of bread. Now picture a blow torch. Bread, meet Mr. blowtorch! That's what the secondary will look like. Toast!

At least you are funny troll. Most of the trolls are just lame.

At least you are funny troll. Most of the trolls are just lame.

I'm not really a troll, I just don't like ineptitute and have kind of a pessimisstic outlook in general.

I'm not really a troll, I just don't like ineptitute and have kind of a pessimisstic outlook in general.

oh the wicked web we weave when at first we do deceive.

pessimisstic outlook in general would lead you to say Cassel is going to be a pro bowler by year's end? NICE

Drop the act, you won't be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes