PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Monday Night Ends Up Helping Patriots Draft Status

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Monday Night Ends Up Helping Patriots Draft Status
Ian Logue
The Patriots have been idle since last Thursday night's win over the Steelers, but after being eliminated from the postseason, they got a little help with their draft status Monday night.

The post Monday Night Ends Up Helping Patriots Draft Status appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Draft status for the Patriots is still balanced on a razor’s edge. Seems quite possible they get another couple of wins and end up falling several picks lower in the draft.

Right now they would pick second on strength of schedule tiebreaker over the Cardinals. Assuming that changes and the Cards move up to the second pick and the Pats fall to third, what other teams would they be concerned about?

Draft status for the Patriots is still balanced on a razor’s edge. Seems quite possible they get another couple of wins and end up falling several picks lower in the draft.

Right now they would pick second on strength of schedule tiebreaker over the Cardinals. Assuming that changes and the Cards move up to the second pick and the Pats fall to third, what other teams would they be concerned about?

The Commandos are in free-fall and might not win another game for the rest of the season; they concern me the most right now…

The Commandos are in free-fall and might not win another game for the rest of the season; they concern me the most right now…
At a quick glance I expect the Panthers and the Cardinals will have the top two draft positions locked up. Agree with you, probably the WFT next, then possibly the Bears, Jets, Chargers, and Raiders could all end up drafting ahead of the Pats. In reality there may be a few upsets, so maybe only two of those last four lose enough games to draft ahead of the Pats. That would have NE drafting sixth.

So I figure best case is likely drafting fourth, after Carolina, Arizona, and Washington. Most likely is sixth, with two of these four also drafting ahead of NE: the Bears, Jets, Chargers, Raiders. Worst case IMO is likely to be eighth, behind all seven of those other teams. I just don’t think the Pats will crack the top three.

In regards to tiebreakers, Is strength of schedule determined after the season?

Cannot believe TN cane back and won that game. I was stomping around after the obvious interference on the punt returner wasn’t even mentioned, then just shut it off after the next fumble.

Cannot believe TN cane back and won that game. I was stomping around after the obvious interference on the punt returner wasn’t even mentioned, then just shut it off after the next fumble.

I didn't even go back to it after the GB-Vagiants game ended, because the corner score still showed them down two TDs with < 4:00 minutes remaining, so why bother...right...?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back