PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our Three 2024 QB's

Focus Captain
Speak for yourself. There’s another question you wont answer. Guess special ed doesn’t teach that yet maybe next year…

Speak for yourself. There’s another question you wont answer. Guess special ed doesn’t teach that yet maybe next year…
Goal Focus GIF by Sebastian Schick

Wow, Co DC. The HC offers from other teams have been flooding in.

And, in 3 years you will be calling for his firing.
Ok.. how's the last 3 years looking?

I am good with Zappe staying and battling with a FA ; Mayfield/Tannehill/Cousins, maybe even Browning or Brissett, with a R1 draftee.

I would go with Tannehill out of those options. I am fine with Zappe staying and competing for a back up role, and a high pick QB, hopefully Daniel’s. I see the veteran as a bridge QB, and I hate the idea of giving any other of the veterans a large deal. If Daniel Jones got 40 then most of these guys ( Mayfield/Cousins) are going to try to get the same. I think they could get Tannehill on a better deal,e.g…2/50. I want them to use the rest of their free agent $$$ to really build up the OL and receiving corps f there are any good options available.

I would go with Tannehill out of those options. I am fine with Zappe staying and competing for a back up role, and a high pick QB, hopefully Daniel’s. I see the veteran as a bridge QB, and I hate the idea of giving any other of the veterans a large deal. If Daniel Jones got 40 then most of these guys ( Mayfield/Cousins) are going to try to get the same. I think they could get Tannehill on a better deal,e.g…2/50. I want them to use the rest of their free agent $$$ to really build up the OL and receiving corps f there are any good options available.
Bring back Zappe, #1 pick and maybe Rourke if he shows anything, and maybe Brisset as a locker room guy, or Browning, who everyone seems to like (I haven't seen him). Don't want Tannehill, Cousins would want zillions, maybe Mayfield but he comes in as the starter.

Yea it’s like stocks.

Some stocks rebound and you can regain some of your losses. Some just never do and you have to accept it.

Of course unlike stocks, Mac has to play to get his value up and that’s just not going to happen. He’s basically a sunk cost for next year so maybe they let him go through TC and see if he improved. Have him look good in pre-season and trade, but even then it’s equivalent to holding $60 AMC stocks and hopefully selling at $15 instead of $5
I think we should allow for the possibility that this could be a wake up call for Mac, and he understands how close he is to losing his NFL dream.

Getting cut can sober a player and get his attention, like it seems to have with Zappe.

Of course, Mac will need to earn the job back since he already lost it to Zappe.

If would benefit the Pats if Jones could do that, but it won’t happen until next year, if ever.

And this doesn’t even consider the possibility/likelihood that the Pats draft another QB high this year.

Or, we could let Zappe continue as the starter until he proves he can’t do it.

Let’s let Zappe’s play determine his level.

Isn’t he similar to Drew Brees physically?

Bring back Zappe, #1 pick and maybe Rourke if he shows anything, and maybe Brisset as a locker room guy, or Browning, who everyone seems to like (I haven't seen him). Don't want Tannehill, Cousins would want zillions, maybe Mayfield but he comes in as the starter.

I would look at Garrapolo as well. He’s decent when healthy, and if he broke down then Zappe and the rookie could get playing time.

Phucking get rid of Corky. I’d become Moslem if we could get a second/rounder for the guy.

Bring in a couple of FAs. Nick Foles, Jacoby Brissett, ???Is Jarret Stidham available.

Draft someone with proven winning ways.

Or, we could let Zappe continue as the starter until he proves he can’t do it.

Let’s let Zappe’s play determine his level.

Isn’t he similar to Drew Brees physically?

I’m fine with Zappe getting a chance to compete for the job, but they should still be trying to find the best QB they can get at every opportunity. I’m at a point where I would be fine with them having sing their first on a QB every season until they find their version of Mahomes /Allen etc.., and continuing to bring in challengers even after that. They were using 3rds on guys like O’Connell even when Brady was in the middle of his prime.

Phucking get rid of Corky. I’d become Moslem if we could get a second/rounder for the guy.

Bring in a couple of FAs. Nick Foles, Jacoby Brissett, ???Is Jarret Stidham available.

I don’t believe Jones will be back. He looked broken when Belichick last used him. It’s like Zach Wilson in NY, he’s done with that franchise.

I don’t believe Jones will be back. He looked broken when Belichick last used him. It’s like Zach Wilson in NY, he’s done with that franchise.
BOB was complimentary of Mac’s attitude after his benching in favor of Zappe.

If would be to Mac’s and the Pats’ benefit if he can reboot himself.

That doesn’t necessarily mean that he gets his job back, or even that he remain with the Pats.

Crashing and burning doesn’t help either of them, and for the Pats, Mac is a sunk cost.

Getting anything from Mac at this point, either in his performance or compensation return from another team, is found money.

What if Zappe gets knocked out of the game and Mac is forced to play, and lights things up?

How is that a negative in any way?

Of course Jones playing well would give them more options, but unless Zappe gets knocked out early in the Buffalo game I don’t see how Jones gets anywhere enough playing time to redeem his performances the past two seasons. And I really don’t see him coming back next year. I would rather lose whatever 6th round pick they could get for him than have him be their back up option next season. I would rather see a veteran QB like Tannehill or Garrapolo, and their first round pick as their r QB room. I would feel much better about the QB’s if it were Tannehill or Garrapolo, Zappe, and the 1st round pick,

Last edited:

Done. His name is McCorkle Jones.

now we are all set!

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST