PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our Three 2024 QB's

Even if the Pats win out, it shouldn't impact the plan to draft a top QB. Being able to count on Zappe to hold the fort and develop into the capable veteran backup to the franchise QB would a big a win for the team and helps preserve resources for other positions.

1. Incumbent/defacto starter - Zappe, trade or release Mac
2. Veteran - cheap veteran if top pick in draft this year, spend more if no top pick
3. Draft - Draft a QB that the team likes, pass on investing a high draft choice on someone the team does have conviction on, take flyers on lower round prospects for the practice squad

I don’t think anyone will give anything for Jones. It’s good that Zappe is showing improvement, he could end up the back up. I agree with bringing a veteran in, and drafting a QB, hopefully in the 1st round.

I don’t think anyone will give anything for Jones. It’s good that Zappe is showing improvement, he could end up the back up. I agree with bringing a veteran in, and drafting a QB, hopefully in the 1st round.
I am good with Zappe staying and battling with a FA ; Mayfield/Tannehill/Cousins, maybe even Browning or Brissett, with a R1 draftee.

Ha ha ha..

I don't believe BB is here in 2024. Agreed a vet will be here Brissett, Wilson or someone with pedigree in the NFL. I'll agree it won't be early rounds they draft a guy.

I'm more concerned with who the team brings in as FA. I think we can all agree we need upgrades at WR, LT primarily.

On defense.. you'll hear it from me 1st. TRADE FOR JHAIRE in green bay to pair with Gonzo.
Who is available to serve as NEP HC?

Nobody.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Zappe stays as continuity system QB2 / or at best - short term bridge QB.
AND either:
1. Pricey FA starter comes to take over (Cousins)
2. Cheap FA starter comes to compete (Browning, Brissett)

If #1, then - maybe keep Rourke or sign any 3rd string QB
If #2, then - we draft a 2nd round QB and let the cream rise

Parker and juju are question marks to me. They are 3 or 4s on any other team. I'd say KB , Douglas, FA WR, draft pick,
I'd get Tee Higgins (who will probably get tagged), to go with a hopefully decent WR addition somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd rounds, with Pop as our slot guy.

I'd get Tee Higgins (who will probably get tagged), to go with a hopefully decent WR addition somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd rounds, with Pop as our slot guy.
I like that! Higgins would be phenomenal. Notice I haven't mentioned Thornton as of yet. Pop definitely is the slot, need a 3rd down scat back like basically every NFL team has except us.

1 - Zappe if Mac can be traded reasonably (?). I think this represents the most value
for the team as the draft proceeds ... Mac will return more than Zappe in a trade as we all know.

2 - Veteran who can help with QB draftee .... push QB 1 ... be good enough to
play multiple games if needed. This veteran needs to check all 3 boxes.

3 - QB Draftee #1

Mayo has never even been a DC and you people want to give him a whole team to manage.

What could possibly go wrong?
His title is Co-DC. That's his official title per Tom Curran. You'll be jumping for joy once RK announces it.

Zappe and Mayfield (if under $10m/year) to compete, Bo Nix to learn.

It's very likely Mac is still on the roster next year though. We would be selling low, very low, right now.
I do not see any value in him at all, why would another team want to expend any draft capital on him??
If anything he will released and maybe signed at a bargain price..

His title is Co-DC. That's his official title per Tom Curran. You'll be jumping for joy once RK announces it.
Wow, Co DC. The HC offers from other teams have been flooding in.

And, in 3 years you will be calling for his firing.

Who is available to serve as NEP HC?

Nobody.
Yes other teams can interview and hire a HC but not the Patriots. Lol.

Stick to arfing and clapping about week 5 you’re better at that than football talk.

Stick to arfing and clapping about week 5 you’re better at that than football talk.
Did you make it to Buffalo Captain?

Hows the bus running?

With only 10 seats fuel mileage should be ok.

Hows the bus running?

With only 10 seats fuel mileage should be ok.
Week 5 baby. That’s what football is all about. I got da feeva!

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back