Status
Not open for further replies.

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I have had a long week. I know we have our
Pick and the 49ers pick in round #2.

We just traded our 3rd for a tackle and a 5th,

Any one know the exact draft numbers for our remaining picks???

Isaiah Wynn

Georgia
LA > NE
Round1·

Pick 31
(31)
Sony Michel
RB
Georgia

Round2·
Pick 11
(43)
SF > NE

Round2·
Pick 31
(63)
Round5·

Pick 6
(143)
NYJ > SF > NE
Round6·

Pick 24
(198)
LA > NE
Round6·

Pick 36
(210)
Compensatory - OAK > NE

Round7·
Pick 1
(219)
CLE > NE

Isaiah Wynn
Georgia
LA > NE
Round1·

Pick 31
(31)
Sony Michel
RB
Georgia

Round2·
Pick 11
(43)
SF > NE

Round2·
Pick 31
(63)
Round5·

Pick 6
(143)
NYJ > SF > NE
Round6·

Pick 24
(198)
LA > NE
Round6·

Pick 36
(210)
Compensatory - OAK > NE

Round7·
Pick 1
(219)
CLE > NE
And people thought there was a big hole between 95 and 143. Looking much larger now between 63 and 143. I’m assuming one of our seconds will be traded down.

traded 43 to Lions... maybe they wanted Landry, who Vrabel just traded up to get?

Any one know the exact draft numbers for our remaining picks???

That's a trick question, even Trader Bill can't be sure what they are right now.

Pats look like they're done drafting.......trading and trading back back back.

Duke Dawson. never heard of him. He's a defensive back.

Any pass rushers left in this draft?

We're done for tonight right?

I’m still corned about our pass rush situation, doubt we will be any better this upcoming season.

Rivers, Hightower, Valentine, and Clayborn have pass rushing talent. None were available against the Eagles. Wise and Butler showed lots of promise and could make the second year leap. If you think there will be no improvement, you may be a pessimist

The fact that they had 5 picks in the top 95 (picked only 3) and came out WITHOUT a future STARTING QB, in the deepest QB draft in many years. Letting Pittsburgh select Mason Rudolph, who should be Brady’s heir apparent, but is instead Roethlisburger’s heir apparent. AND came out without a pass rusher, makes this draft an epic fail. There is no sugarcoating it.

As much as I like Sony Michel (favorite player in the draft for the Pats, perfect Lewis replacement), and am ok with the Wynn pick, I’m very lukewarm to the Trent Brown trade. All in all, I’d give this draft a D-.

The fact that they had 5 picks in the top 95 (picked only 3) and came out WITHOUT a future STARTING QB, in the deepest QB draft in many years. Letting Pittsburgh select Mason Rudolph, who should be Brady’s heir apparent, but is instead Roethlisburger’s heir apparent. AND came out without a pass rusher, makes this draft an epic fail. There is no sugarcoating it.

As much as I like Sony Michel (favorite player in the draft for the Pats, perfect Lewis replacement), and am ok with the Wynn pick, I’m very lukewarm to the Trent Brown trade. All in all, I’d give this draft a D-.

We will get Luke Falk imo

Rivers, Hightower, Valentine, and Clayborn have pass rushing talent. None were available against the Eagles. Wise and Butler showed lots of promise and could make the second year leap. If you think there will be no improvement, you may be a pessimist

Wishes and dreams often lead to disappointment. We might be holding the line now, but front seven is not deep, nor are there killer starters.

We all have our own grading systems. We had 5 picks
1) Wynn will be a starter this year or next
2) Michel will be a starter this year (replacing Lewis
3) a 2019 second (typical Belichick), a 4th TB and a 5th TBD
4) an OT who might be part of the 2018 OT picture for moving down a round and a half.
5) Dawkins will compete with J Jones at nickel this year, and is our 2nd CB signs for 2019.

BOTTOM LINE (B+)
3 potential starters (at OL, RB and CB; all positions that needed help)
a 2019 2nd round pick
a 4th and 5th TBD
a camp competitor at OT

It doesn't matter how "deep" a draft is at a position, all that matters is if there is one good player for the Patriots. The 2000 draft was not considered a deep QB draft, but they picked the one guy that mattered. The Patriots were one of the 6 teams to select a 1st round QB in the deepest QB draft ever in 1983, and they got Tony Eason. Oops.

If they did their homework and didn't really like one of the QBs, then they should pass and not force it. If the 2018 draft isn't deep at QB but they decide they really like one of those few guys, they should do whatever it takes to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes