PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our Patriots Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

NePatriots

PatsFans.com Draftnik
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We try to make the picks that Belichick will make... not the ones to satisfy Patriots fans. Looking at the comments, we at least satisfied the latter.

Patriots Mock Draft

Picks (trades not included - see post for details)

Wilkerson (17)
Solder (33)
Watkins (41)
Williams (45)
Murray (74)
Beal (94)
Wright (125)
Matthews (159)
Silva (219)

Last edited:
We try to make the picks that Belichick will make... not the ones to satisfy Patriots fans. Looking at the comments, we at least satisfied the latter.

Patriots Mock Draft

Wilkerson (17)
Solder (33)
Watkins (41)
Williams (45)
Murray (74)
Beal (94)
Wright (125)
Matthews (159)
Silva (219)

You achieved that objective. :D

Don't want to take Wilkerson that high, maybe in 2nd round if he's there. I don't even have Solder on my board. Watkins good at 41. Which Williams at 45? Beal good at 94. Which Matthews at 159? If its the Matthews from SC- good, if it's the Matthews from ORE, not so good.

Last edited:
Ryan Williams and Chris Matthews (WR, Kentucky)

If there is a run on DE's, then I can see Wilkerson at 17. Belichick will do what he must.
==========================================
33 and 45
I don't see Solder at 33 for us. Is LeShoure available? I presume that Williams at 45 is the running back. Another option is Reed at 33 or 45 , or Houston.

I'd rather LeShoure and Carpenter at 45, oif you think that you must have an OT.

Finally, A. Williams would make an Ok addition at safety at 33.
=========================================================
LAST THREE
I rarely care, but we should draft a center for the Dante's OL School. There are several who will be available.

Patriots Mock Draft

Wilkerson (17)
Solder (33)
Watkins (41)
Williams (45)
Murray (74)
Beal (94)
Wright (125)
Matthews (159)
Silva (219)

If there is a run on DE's, then I can see Wilkerson at 17. Belichick will do what he must.
33 and 45
I don't see Solder at 33 for us. Is LeShoure available? I presume that Williams at 45 is the running back. Another option is Reed at 33 or 45 , or Houston.

I'd rather LeShoure and Carpenter at 45, oif you think that you must have an OT.

LAST THREE
I rarely care, but we should draft a center for the Dante's OL School. There are several who will be available.

That's the beauty of bunched picks, who knows who'll fall to 28,33.

Of course BB seems to nail down where these guys will fall, so a trade down, pick between 17, 28 isn't necessarily out of the picture if that makes sense for the player.

I wonder if he would chance losing McCourty again? :D [again, his grapevine with other coaches seems impeccable, it's like they are giving him their book.]

33 and 45

LAST THREE

I find it interesting that LeShoure did not fumble the ball away once last year. BB has to take notice of that.

not bad. i just cannot see us trading 28 for only 45 and 76. its moving back too much in my opinion for a first rounder. im sure the value chart checks out, but to me, its not worth is. maybe 35 and 70 or something like that.

I find it interesting that LeShoure did not fumble the ball away once last year. BB has to take notice of that.

Maroney never fumbled in college either.

33 and 45

LAST THREE

I'll go w/what Reiss wrote on his Quick-hit thoughts from yesterday on the topic of DE. Whoever the Pats take at 17 will fit their scheme perfectly and be a solid player:

3. With so many highly-rated defensive linemen, this draft reminds me a little of 2003 and how the key is assessing which lineman fits best in the Patriots’ system. Some thought the Patriots were a little rich selecting Ty Warren at 13 that year, but he was the best fit when comparing him to Dewayne Robertson (4), Johnathan Sullivan (6), Kevin Williams (9), Jimmy Kennedy (12), Michael Haynes (14), Jerome McDougle (15), William Joseph (25) and Co.

4. Considering the strength of this draft, and looking at the Patriots’ history evaluating and drafting defensive linemen, I’d be feeling pretty good as a follower of the team. This is right in their wheelhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes