PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OTish - Patriots/NFL Ticket Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCB02062

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The ticket exchange really is a scam of all scams. I bought tickets to Sunday's game back in mid summer. Unfortunately, my wife and I cannot go to the game anymore - babysitter issues, time issues, son's high school applications, general life stuff got in the way.

So I posted on ticket exchange this am. I just wanted to get my $ back plus a couple bucks a ticket or so. But getting one's "money back" really begins the ticket exghange ticketmaster SCAM. The tickets were orignally $88, BUT ticketmaster tacks on a $12/ticket fee. So now in order to post these and the exchange and simply "get my money back" (minus the interest that Krafty Bob/ticketmaster collected from June-end November on my $200) I have to list these tickets at $100....then ticket exchange ADDS another $13/ticket! So now my original $88 tickets are listed for $113 bucks on the ticket exchange - and that's simply the cost of trying to get my $ back.

But here's the kicket, when I check out the available tickets, mine are not listed. I never got an email telling me they were sold, so why aren't they on the ticket exchange site? I'm not logged in so it's not like it's a "you can't see your own tickets for sale" thing. I sold preseason tickets at a small loss on ticket exchange and got a "sold" email very quickly...

This sucks, we really wanted to go to the game and we can't, and now someone else has to get ripped off just to cover my costs....

The ticket exchange really is a scam of all scams. I bought tickets to Sunday's game back in mid summer. Unfortunately, my wife and I cannot go to the game anymore - babysitter issues, time issues, son's high school applications, general life stuff got in the way.

So I posted on ticket exchange this am. I just wanted to get my $ back plus a couple bucks a ticket or so. But getting one's "money back" really begins the ticket exghange ticketmaster SCAM. The tickets were orignally $88, BUT ticketmaster tacks on a $12/ticket fee. So now in order to post these and the exchange and simply "get my money back" (minus the interest that Krafty Bob/ticketmaster collected from June-end November on my $200) I have to list these tickets at $100....then ticket exchange ADDS another $13/ticket! So now my original $88 tickets are listed for $113 bucks on the ticket exchange - and that's simply the cost of trying to get my $ back.

But here's the kicket, when I check out the available tickets, mine are not listed. I never got an email telling me they were sold, so why aren't they on the ticket exchange site? I'm not logged in so it's not like it's a "you can't see your own tickets for sale" thing. I sold preseason tickets at a small loss on ticket exchange and got a "sold" email very quickly...

This sucks, we really wanted to go to the game and we can't, and now someone else has to get ripped off just to cover my costs....
How in the hell did you only pay 88 bucks a ticket?

I agree with you that these “exchange” sites’ add-on fees are ridiculous, but this case doesn’t really seem that bad to me. Maybe it just seems that way due to the cheaper price? I recently sold tix to one of the games in Pittsburgh (maybe 2016 when Ben was hurt) and had about 20-25% tacked on in fees.

Hope you get to catch another game relatively soon. My only opportunities consist of going to the games in Pittsburgh which are local to me, and it doesn’t appear as though I’ll be able to afford the cost this year. I’m looking at about 500 for a pair of nosebleeds the week before Xmas, so it’s a bit of bad timing and I’m questioning whether or not it would be worth it. That said, it will likely be my last opportunity to see BB/Brady, so I’m conflicted as hell.

How in the hell did you only pay 88 bucks a ticket?

I agree with you that these “exchange” sites’ add-on fees are ridiculous, but this case doesn’t really seem that bad to me. Maybe it just seems that way due to the cheaper price? I recently sold tix to one of the games in Pittsburgh (maybe 2016 when Ben was hurt) and had about 20-25% tacked on in fees.

Hope you get to catch another game relatively soon. My only opportunities consist of going to the games in Pittsburgh which are local to me, and it doesn’t appear as though I’ll be able to afford the cost this year. I’m looking at about 500 for a pair of nosebleeds the week before Xmas, so it’s a bit of bad timing and I’m questioning whether or not it would be worth it. That said, it will likely be my last opportunity to see BB/Brady, so I’m conflicted as hell.
Face value on the 2 games I got - Miami and Min was $88....sec 304...Pats have tiered pricing now

I consider myself very lucky as I had season Tix from 93-2012, but dropped when spending 10 hours at Gillette became too much w kids etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft