PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OTish: Cancer back for Solder’s son :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s terrible, I can’t even begin to imagine. I wish him and his family nothing but the best.

Just unbearable thinking about it.

get him to Dana Farber, best place in the world.

Cancer is a b1tch, cancer in a child is whatever is beyond a b1tch..

d%#*!@t

thats a nut punch right there.

Never Give Up Never Surrender though, Keep fighting Nate & Son ... Its worth it!

Truly awful. Makes you sick to your stomach.

I am deeply saddened to learn this

Solder is a good guy. He was a player and a gentleman. The unfairness of a sick child is very difficult to understand. I feel for him.

This is terrible news. Cancer is evil, I have lost too many people to the dreaded disease.
Praying hard for his son, this is a parents worse nightmare !

I hope it all works out. The kid was diagnoses when he was 3 months old and has been having problems with it on and off now for about 4 years. Multiple rounds of chemo all ready.

Apparently their son had surgery during the teams bye week to remove a tumor. Their bye week was week 11 (11/17/19)so that would have been almost a month and a half ago assuming they had it the day after the game.

I dont know if there are any updates as to how he has responded to the surgery and chemo.

That’s a shame. My nephew’s newborn son was in the same hospital for heart surgery four years ago when Nate’s child was in for cancer. He and Nate saw each other often and were on first name basis.
Hoping Nate’s child lives a long, healthy, happy life.

Sucks to hear. I hope the little fella is ok. On another note, Nate Solder is an OT so this thread is not off topic.

How do little kids even get cancer to begin with. Makes you wonder wtf God is up to sometimes.

How do little kids even get cancer to begin with. Makes you wonder wtf God is up to sometimes.
Without getting into the theology and writing as a parent who buried a young child ( not from cancer) G-d doesn't micromanage..... If you don't take that view, you go crazy.....
On a brighter note, the 5 year survival rates for pediatric cancer is in the 80% range, way up from years past, little comfort to the other 20%. Thoughts and prayers for Nate's son.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back