PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - your most impressive athletic achievements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won the Foxboro High School JV tennis tournament as a freshman, in 1995.

Also, I netted ~10 game-winners in youth soccer. Now, if drinking or sh@tting

were Olympic sports - I would be a gold medalist for my height / weight.
playing competitive tennis must have been a blast.

My only highlight in a tumultuous sports career. Hitting a last second shot to win the game way back in the 80's. (I was more proud of my two steals when we were down 6 in OT to get us to this point)

Played D3 college lax and soccer.

However, most athletic (lucky?) moment of my life: My friend stuck a small fishing net in the ground, probably 1 foot diameter, of his back yard of his dad's house for golf practice (5-10 yard chips).

I grabbed one ball and an iron and hit one from around 40 yards out and swished it. Dropped the club and refused to hit another one.

When I was 17ish, I carried a half barrel almost 2 miles through woods to a party. Probably doesn't sound too impressive to some, but that thing weighed almost as much as I did at the time.

"Only 2 hole-in-onesone's", that's a very good achievement in itself... considering that every year there are about 500 million rounds of gold and only about 150K holes in one..
I'm playing a 160 yd par 3. First guy up in my foursome hits the stick with his tee shot, almost holes it. Second guy holes it. Third guy holes it. Then I was up...... let's say I wasn't as close

He had no answer for your range control, huh :)

Do you do a lot of Muay Thai? Obviously opening with a teep and your stance/cadence is Thai, but I was looking at a lot of the tie ups and it looked you were tempted for them foot sweeps ;)
You are right - Mostly Thai background. I went into a boxing stance a few times but that's generally not a good idea when kicks are allowed. I was clinching up with collar ties when he got in close for a couple reasons. 1. He was bigger/stronger than me so didn't want to get into a slugging match. 2. I found that I could overpower him, and hopefully tire him out in the clinch because he didn't have the skills.

If knees were allowed I could have done some good damage in the clinch but those were the rules.

Hq4ptrrJaTvwY.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back