PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: With three games left, who emerges in the NFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
With things starting to shake out in the NFC, the 49ers or the Saints would be my guess. We saw what San Francisco did to the Packers and they also just went into New Orleans and came away with a hard-fought win. That was big, although as we know, the rematch might go a little differently but give them credit, it's tough to go into New Orleans and beat Brees at home.

The Seahawks have been inconsistent, so I don't see those two teams making a run unless something changes in the seeding in terms of who ends up with home field which might be the difference with Green Bay, who hasn't been great yet they're still 10-3. And I have zero faith in whoever comes out of the NFC East...all those teams are pretty terrible.

Seems to me, it's Jimmy G (and the 49ers). I hope we can be there with him , but right now I am not feeling it.

Reactions: Ian
I don't think 49ers get in. I think Seahawks will get in. Just something I am for whatever reason seeing.

49ers imo

9ers are going to win it simply because it would be awesome to have Garoppolo hanging over us.........is it Brady or Belichick????? nope.......it's neither

If we get eliminated along the way to getting in, I'm definitely rooting for 49'ers just so the Patriot legacy is involved with taking home the Lombardi. People are always going to associate Jimmy G with having come from the Patriots.

Last edited:
San Fran will be the hot pick because they just beat the saints and the Seahawks lost to the rams.

don’t sleep on the rams. They did get throttled by the ravens and they still struggle to run the ball but, those receivers are healthy now and the passing game seems to of opened up. Watch out for them if they get in.

I can’t make a pick till it all shakes out after week 17. Don’t forget, the saints are pretty banged up.

If we don't get in or we get eliminated along the way,

How else would we not get in, if not eliminated along the way? Are you anticipating the latest videogate to result in a banishment from the playoffs?

How else would we not get in, if not eliminated along the way? Are you anticipating the latest videogate to result in a banishment from the playoffs?
I read it initially the same way, but I'm assuming he was referring to a postseason loss that would keep them from "getting in" to the Super Bowl.

San Fran will be the hot pick because they just beat the saints and the Seahawks lost to the rams.

don’t sleep on the rams. They did get throttled by the ravens and they still struggle to run the ball but, those receivers are healthy now and the passing game seems to of opened up. Watch out for them if they get in.

I can’t make a pick till it all shakes out after week 17. Don’t forget, the saints are pretty banged up.

The 49ers as well suffered some injuries on sunday. I think the NFC rep in the Super Bowl will be one of the lower seeds.

I read it initially the same way, but I'm assuming he was referring to a postseason loss that would keep them from "getting in" to the Super Bowl.

Anything short of getting into the superbowl is considered failure, these days. :)

EDIT: I have reworded it a little better.

Anything short of getting into the superbowl is considered failure, these days. :)

EDIT: I have reworded it a little better.
LOL, figured that's what you meant :D

The 49ers as well suffered some injuries on sunday. I think the NFC rep in the Super Bowl will be one of the lower seeds.

eh well I’ll def buy that if the lower seeds are the rams/Seahawks.

I dont have any faith in the teams from the north or East. I don’t think many others do either

I don't think 49ers get in. I think Seahawks will get in. Just something I am for whatever reason seeing.
Both teams are getting in to the postseason, but you’ll have a division winner and a wildcard.

If SEA wins the head to head matchup in a couple of weeks it will be them winning the division, and vice versa goes for SF. That’s going to be a huge game.

Both teams are getting in to the postseason, but you’ll have a division winner and a wildcard.

If SEA wins the head to head matchup in a couple of weeks it will be them winning the division, and vice versa goes for SF. That’s going to be a huge game.
I gotta think that game will be moved to Sunday night. I remember last year they didn’t move a game to Sunday night and everything was done after the 4 pm slot. I can’t remember if they decided they were going that route permanently though.

I will root for 49ers. I like what they are presenting this season. The last game in Seattle will be crucial but I hope they will beat Seahawks and win NFC.

With things starting to shake out in the NFC, the 49ers or the Saints would be my guess. We saw what San Francisco did to the Packers and they also just went into New Orleans and came away with a hard-fought win. That was big, although as we know, the rematch might go a little differently but give them credit, it's tough to go into New Orleans and beat Brees at home.

The Seahawks have been inconsistent, so I don't see those two teams making a run unless something changes in the seeding in terms of who ends up with home field which might be the difference with Green Bay, who hasn't been great yet they're still 10-3. And I have zero faith in whoever comes out of the NFC East...all those teams are pretty terrible.

A nice distraction thread from spygate II...:D

The Pats; because we damn sure ain’t coming out of the AFC :D

I kid, I kid..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back