PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: What are you doing for thanksgiving ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christiancat

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to have the entire family over about 40 people. We're going to eat turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, yams, corn, corn bread, pie, etc.

What are you guys doing for thanksgiving? Any special plans?

Watching football and eating food! Tis the Murican dream!

Eating, football, family and then........Hopefully watching the Steelers and Ravens dismantle each other into oblivion and a 0-0 tie.

Eating, football, family and then........Hopefully watching the Steelers and Ravens dismantle each other into oblivion and a 0-0 tie.

We do a lot of local traveling. My brother and Sister-in-law's tonight, Apps and ****tails at my parents tomorrow then dinner at my wife's parents tomorrow eevening. No one drive is more than a 1/2 hour, but it is still a lot of moving around.......

Family, Football, Food and Fun

and when everyone is asleep, I'll probably watch my recorded replay of the Bronco game.

I come from an Irish family, so whiskey, turkey, and football.

This year, it's just me and my daughter so we're going out for dinner. One of the local places is offering a traditional meal and I can't imagine spending all that time in the kitchen for the two of us (and all that money spent!) so the "dining out" option looks like the better deal.

Afterward, I'll also be enjoying football & whiskey. :rocker:

I'll also have some desserts in stock and other snackage so we can nosh away later on.

Just eating, no football. Television isn't allowed to be on at my father-in-law's house during family gatherings :rolleyes:

This is the off year for Thanksgiving in the "which family do we visit for which holiday" schedule that my extended family uses, so it'll be a smaller group of us for the holiday. We'll give thanks, have the big feast, watch some football, shoot the breeze and then head on back to our homes.

Good times will be had, and much food will be consumed. Vegetarians, vegans, atheists, and those who believe that neither politics nor religion are acceptable dinner topics will be appropriately horrified. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you at Patsfans.com!!!

Family, great meal, and football. And being mindful of all the things that I have to be thankful for.:D

My wife and I are at River Falls overlooking Lake Winnipesaukee in NH. Waiting for our daughter to arrive and then meeting my sisters and brother in law for dinner. A 2.5 hour drive up here from home, but worth it. Tomorrow dinner at my sister's and then back here for partying and football. I'm also from a family with Irish heritage so I'm excused for pig drinking beer for 2 days, since I'm not driving.

Ironically as a Canadian, I am off tomorrow. I gotta work sunday till about 7pm (don't fail me PVR) so I think I will make tomorrow my "sunday", so drinking and lots of eating, lol...I hope tomorrow's games are competitive.

Most importantly, I refuse to fall into the trap the turkeys set for us.

You know what I'm talking about. You buy an enormous turkey, and then the remnants of it just sit there day after day, laughing at you.

This year, we're doing Cornish game hens. One per person, it's done in two days, and that's that.

Most importantly, I refuse to fall into the trap the turkeys set for us.

You know what I'm talking about. You buy an enormous turkey, and then the remnants of it just sit there day after day, laughing at you.

This year, we're doing Cornish game hens. One per person, it's done in two days, and that's that.

If you have a smoker, you should smoke them. If you don't have a smoker, you should buy one, buy more Cornish hens, and then smoke them. You'll thank me later.

Going to my parents for a late brunch thanksgiving meal, spend some time their, then to my in laws for some seconds, then to my brothers for some thirds. Not to mention we are Portuguese, so there will be a **** load of wine! :)

This is the week were the gym and dieting get put on hold.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends at Pats fans!

Wife & I both have Mick heritage however I am also blessed with superior Scottish genes. The bad news is that her family are mostly all recovering alcoholics so God's beverage will not be consumed in mass quantities. The daughter, her husband and offspring are coming to the "Chicken Party". Too cold outside to work on oldest Gdaughter's Gronk Spike although I'd say that she has totally mastered it. Major thanks to be given, food, family and lots of political bashing as we're all on the same page. Maybe watch tonites NFLN replay again or Forbidden Planet again for the 43rd time.

This is a great thread. Enjoy reading the posts.

Haveing all the Family over,Eating allot of Food, and watching football all day. One of the best days of the year!!

I'm cooking and having my parents & aunt over. Luckily, they love football as much as us so we will fit dinner into the football games :)

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Very quiet. Wife and I are alone, as the only child (of wife's first marriage) is visiting her grandmother in Turkey. And since we have different tastes in food, we're meeting at a nice salad and a home-made pizza.

Sitting in my house, doing the same thing I do everyday, except with added football and reading people arguing tiresomely on twitter about why Thanksgiving is "wrong"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick