PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ty Warren probably tore his tricep

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. They should take QBs and kickers out of the equation considering they take the least amount of contact.

QB's take a beating.

ouch, sounds bad ! so as usual we know nothing that Bill knows about, I mean him being out of shape and all ..

Good luck Ty. Get well soon

Ruptured the same about 20 years ago, cannot hold a small child in my right arm anymore for more than 2-3 minutes.. it is very painful and takes a while to heal.

Too bad for Ty he was a good Patriot..
I ruptured both last year no warning they just went. Theres an epidemic of ruptured tendons this year from what ive read, and you can't predict if its going to happen or not.

I wish him well. He's probably done now.

On a side note, it is almost scary how BB times these things all the time. Ernie A. must have developed some algorithm they use to tell them when player are done.

Injuries tend to snowball in the NFL.

One study shows that, after major surgery, 11.3% of players never return to the NFL, and 62.1% of players are gone from the league within three years.

I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers looked very similar looking at players who weren't hurt.

Didn't Ted Johnson miss a season because of a torn triceps, or was it a torn bicep or quad? I remember he tried to make an arm tackle of a running back up close to the line, like maybe the A gap, and was lost for the season. His left arm, IIRC.

Injuries tend to snowball in the NFL.

One study shows that, after major surgery, 11.3% of players never return to the NFL, and 62.1% of players are gone from the league within three years.

What's the average NFL career length? Much more than three years?

What's the average NFL career length? Much more than three years?

Depends on how you calculate it. The NFLPA became fond of calculating it including players signed who never make a 53 to achieve their 3 year average. The league on the other hand claims it's closer to 6 years once a player does and 9 years for the average 1st rounder and 11 years for guys who make the pro bowl.

Depends on how you calculate it. The NFLPA became fond of calculating it including players signed who never make a 53 to achieve their 3 year average. The league on the other hand claims it's closer to 6 years once a player does and 9 years for the average 1st rounder and 11 years for guys who make the pro bowl.

Interesting stats.

Yeah, they're saying this could be a season-ending injury. That sucks for him.

Over/Under for Number of games Ty plays for Denver this year 10.

I say under - that's why he's no longer here. Bad hip - way under weight - spent last year hitting books not the weights.

He will start less than 10 games for Denver this year - guaranteed.

The above was from 2 weeks ago when Ty signed with Denver.

WOW - I wish all prognostications were that easy.

Didn't Ted Johnson miss a season because of a torn triceps, or was it a torn bicep or quad? I remember he tried to make an arm tackle of a running back up close to the line, like maybe the A gap, and was lost for the season. His left arm, IIRC.

It was a bicep and it was Jerome Bettis who side stepped and all Ted got was one arm on him.

The above was from 2 weeks ago when Ty signed with Denver.

WOW - I wish all prognostications were that easy.

It's that Denver air. Didn't a similar injury happen to Grahmbo when he went up there?

It was a bicep and it was Jerome Bettis who side stepped and all Ted got was one arm on him.

That's it. I remembered him getting hurt and the play, but not the details. Thanks for that!

QB's take a beating.

Every football player gets hit. That's a forgone conclusion. If you look at the other players on the field they are blocking or shedding blocks, tackling or getting tackled every play. This is the contact that will cause injury. A QB is only subject to it maybe 10 times a game when they are sacked or run a QB sneak. I do not count hits they take after the ball if out of they're hand since in most cases the defender doesn't follow through.

It was a ruptured bicep tendon, not the bicep muscle itself.

True. They should take QBs and kickers out of the equation considering they take the least amount of contact.

Jay Cutler begs to differ :)

More like Ty Warren, out of professional football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes