OT: TVs & Tailgating at GILLETTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm not a tailgating veteran by any means so looking for some help here. We have a big group going to Gillette this weekend for a kids soccer day/Revolution outing.

Before the REVS game we're hoping to be able to watch the Pats game in the parking lot.

I'm thinking of renting a tailgating generator to power a TV, and then use an HD antenna to hopefully get the game?

Has anyone else tried using an HD antenna in the Gillette parking lot to get basic channels? Does it come in well? Any recommendations?

Did it last wk after the nyj game. Picture was fantastic. Used a 32 in lcd tv, a $25 antenna w amplifier and a $40 200watt power inverter. Really worked awesome, fox and CBS pictures were crystal clear....good luck. Oh, we put antenna on top of our F150...only picture issues were when antenna got knocked over so you may want to secure it....you don't need to waste $ on a generator unless you want to power a TV w a massive power draw and other electronic items. we had thetv on for 1.5 hours aft the game and had no battery issues. Btw, had inverter plugged into cigarette lighter...pretty sure our tv tas rated at 48 watts, so not a big power draw

Ive used rabbit ears and a DC converter.

Good enough picture after a few Natty Lights.

I would also recommend doing a test run .. several days before the game I set up everything in my driveway and ran a test. This way you can be on point for set up on game day. Depending on where u live and your proximity to Foxboro, you can autoprogram the channels ahead of time to save some time during the tailgate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back