PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Top Draft Choices of All Time For all 32 Teams

Seattle - Bobby Wagner over Steve :argent is ... interesting.

Sherman over Wagner.

Sapp over Brooks. But the addition of Simeon Rice is what put them over the top.

Minnesota ... Alan Page over Fran Tarkenton? Interesting... Anyone have any insight?

Cleveland ... Wonder if they don't count Otto Graham, as they were part of the AAFL ... Though, Jim Brown is hard to top...

How can you pick just one for the Jets? I mean you have Mark Sanchez. You have Vernon Gholston. And don’t forget Sam Darnold. And you got Zach Wilson coming in strong.

The Chargers should have been Drew Brees even if they let him go. He is one of the greatest QBs of all time. No disrespect to Junior.

Minnesota ... Alan Page over Fran Tarkenton? Interesting... Anyone have any insight?

Cleveland ... Wonder if they don't count Otto Graham, as they were part of the AAFL ... Though, Jim Brown is hard to top...
Jim Brown is more than hard to top..
He was widely considered the greatest player in nfl history period. Until 2018, when TB12 overtook him in most peoples minds. Many still consider him the greatest player of all time, ahead of Brady. That's how dominant he was. More dominant than any qb besides Brady, more dominant than Lawrence Taylor.
After TB12 and Jim Brown, there's a HUGE gap before you get to whoever is #3.

Jim Brown is more than hard to top..
He was widely considered the greatest player in nfl history period. Until 2018, when TB12 overtook him in most peoples minds. Many still consider him the greatest player of all time, ahead of Brady. That's how dominant he was. More dominant than any qb besides Brady, more dominant than Lawrence Taylor.
After TB12 and Jim Brown, there's a HUGE gap before you get to whoever is #3.
Jerry Rice?

This is really pretty much a list of each team's best player. I think it would be more interesting to ask: Who was the best player for each team that they didn't draft themselves?

Some initial suggestions:

Raiders: Jim Plunkett

Rams: Kurt Warner

Saints: Drew Brees

Patriots: Randy Moss

Packers: Brett Favre

Cowboys: Deion Sanders

Dolphins: Nick Buoniconti

JETE: Curtis Martin

Buccaneers: TFB

This is really pretty much a list of each team's best player. I think it would be more interesting to ask: Who was the best player for each team that they didn't draft themselves?

Denver: Elway
San Diego: Rivers

Can you be the greatest draft choice in the history of a team when you are traded away for draft choices after a few years?

Can you be the greatest draft choice in the history of a team when you are traded away for draft choices after a few years?
That reply was in response to @Mike the Brit who asked who was the best player for teams that didn't draft them... Elway was drafted by the colts, rivers by the ginta...

Good ones! Does Eli count as the Giants' best non-Giants pick?
I was thinking yes, but realized I didn't know for sure so I did not include him... Elway and rivers were no brainers to me

Since this is an OT thread...

Patrick Mahomes, QB, 2017​

Let’s not make this more complicated than it needs to be. While the Chiefs have had other phenomenal players over the years, none transformed the franchise the way Mahomes has.

Since becoming the starting quarterback in 2018, Mahomes has twice been named both league MVP and Super Bowl MVP, and won two championships despite being only 27 years old. The only other players in league history to match those credentials? Joe Montana and Tom Brady. Mahomes has also thrown for more than 5,000 yards twice, and at least 35 touchdowns on four occasions.

That reply was in response to @Mike the Brit who asked who was the best player for teams that didn't draft them... Elway was drafted by the colts, rivers by the ginta...

I'm completely confused then. Both Page and Fran were drafted by the Vikings.

Colts: Unitas

I'm completely confused then. Both Page and Fran were drafted by the Vikings.
Because that reply was posted in response to the original op, which is about teams best draft picks... I don't have a real good grasp on how good Alan page was and was wondering if Page was better than Tarkenton

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back