Status
Not open for further replies.

borg

Pro Bowl Player
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This is has to be the biggest waste of print space I have ever read. http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=163875

"The Patriots are 5-1 and lead the top-heavy AFC East"....huh...wouldn't top heavy mean many teams at the top?

"The rest of the time? Your guess is as good as anyone else’s. It certainly is as good as Belichick’s"...WTF is this guy talking about...Belichick's guess? Fascinating stuff.

"Now, whether we want to admit it or not, the standards have changed. We’ve tasted the product. Wins alone simply are not good enough. We judge the Patriots on championships, on the quality of their victories, and the 2006 Pats thus far have had little of either. ".............Either??? WTF is this guy talking about. Is he disappointed that the 2006 Patriots haven't won a championship yet...after week 7?
Maz, the Herald deserves back this week's pay check. Next time,stay off the acid and take an extra 20 minutes to write your column.

borg said:
This is has to be the biggest waste of print space I have ever read. http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=163875

"The Patriots are 5-1 and lead the top-heavy AFC East"....huh...wouldn't top heavy mean many teams at the top?

"The rest of the time? Your guess is as good as anyone else’s. It certainly is as good as Belichick’s"...WTF is this guy talking about...Belichick's guess? Fascinating stuff.

"Now, whether we want to admit it or not, the standards have changed. We’ve tasted the product. Wins alone simply are not good enough. We judge the Patriots on championships, on the quality of their victories, and the 2006 Pats thus far have had little of either. ".............Either??? WTF is this guy talking about. Is he disappointed that the 2006 Patriots haven't won a championship yet...after week 7?
Maz, the Herald deserves back this week's pay check. Next time,stay off the acid and take an extra 20 minutes to write your column.

My goodness. Before reading the column, my first reaction was to write that Maz is an excellent baseball writer and we should give him some time to get used to football.

.....then I read the column.

Oh my:
----
" Maybe we all are getting spoiled. Maybe we are starting to take this all for granted. Five years ago, when an eerily similar Patriots team surprisingly emerged as a threat for the Super Bowl, we simply did not know any better."
----
The 2001 Pats were "eerily similar"?????? The running game was "eerily similar"???? The Bledsoe being replaced by 3rd stringer Tom Brady QB situation was "eerily similar"??????? The D-Line was "eerily similar"???????

Maybe his next column will outline the "eery similarities" between Madeline Albright and Jessica Biel.

That's just embarrassing for Maz.

borg said:

Something else is funny with this. His use of the word either in the third one is not proper grammar, because he doesn't use a qualifying adjective to describe the quality. Sure, we all know what he meant, but when your business is writing you should at least use proper English.

shmessy said:
My goodness. Before reading the column, my first reaction was to write that Maz is an excellent baseball writer and we should give him some time to get used to football.

.....then I read the column.

Oh my:

" Maybe we all are getting spoiled. Maybe we are starting to take this all for granted. Five years ago, when an eerily similar Patriots team surprisingly emerged as a threat for the Super Bowl, we simply did not know any better."

The 2001 Pats were "eerily similar"?????? The running game was "eerily similar"???? The Bledsoe being replaced by 3rd stringer Tom Brady QB situation was "eerily similar"??????? The D-Line was "eerily similar"???????

Maybe his next column will outline the "eery similarities" between Madeline Albright and Jessica Biel.

That's just embarrassing for Maz.

The team that this one is most similar to is 2003. We remember the defense as its dominant, late season version, but it took time to build it up.

And the offense was an opposite mirror image.

Oswlek said:
The team that this one is most similar to is 2003. We remember the defense as its dominant, late season version, but it took time to build it up.

And the offense was an opposite mirror image.

I can't quite make out the similarities between Pokey Smith and Dillon/Maroney. Maybe if I squint harder..........

borg said:

Sad thing is that there is an editor, too.

shmessy said:
I can't quite make out the similarities between Pokey Smith and Dillon/Maroney. Maybe if I squint harder..........

Both teams were good in one offensive phase, not so in the other. It is just that this year is strong were that one was weak and vice versa.

Oswlek said:
Both teams were good in one offensive phase, not so in the other. It is just that this year is strong were that one was weak and vice versa.

You could say that about most teams. Doesn't mean they ARE "EERILY SIMILAR". They both wear helmets.

The last two lines of his column say it all:

" In the interim, feel free to take a nap.
You’re probably not going to miss anything."

Go ahead, Tony. There's a World Series game on tonight. Maybe a little more interesting.

Pleasant-Seymour-Mitchell-Hamilton 4-3

vs.

Seymour-Wilfork-Warren 3-4

Eerily similar........almost spooky.

Toney Massarotti is boring. What a waste of space.:mad:

shmessy said:
You could say that about most teams. Doesn't mean they ARE "EERILY SIMILAR". They both wear helmets.

I didn't call them earily similar. I just said that it is the team they have the most similaritles to.

Tony M was the one who said that, and he used the wrong team to boot.

Maz is a terrible football writer. I WINCE everytime I read his football efforts. He doesn't understand, and hasn't taken the time to learn about the game. He is overly critical, in the manner of a bad, ill-informed, negative caller on WEEI. He should be DISMISSED on all subjects, not baseball.

BTW- His stuff has to be pretty bad, for me to be so critical of a fellow Tufts graduate. ;)

To be fair, I feel he's a great baseball writer. Nothing personal against him as he seems to be a decent fellow also.

Just that.....wow......his football writing is simply mind exploding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes