PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Tom Coughlin to Buffalo?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if we had better Defenses coupled with butter fingers drop we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I hope it happens. He was a worn out head coach who had lost control of his team two years ago.

Typical over reaction by ownership. Failed player-friendly coach who totally lacks discipline followed by head coach touting discipline.

Coughlin will be 71 years old by the start of next season.... Having spent four years myself in upstate New York on the Great Lakes, after one year he'll be saying " F it" and moving to Florida.....Buffalo may be New York State but it isn't New York City.........grey, depressing, snowy with two seasons, winter and the 4th of July..............

Why don't they hire Marv Levy again, he's only 91 years old...

I've always thought highly of Coughlin. Rather see someone else take over to be honest. Best case scenario, just keep Big Sexy.

During his Giants tenure (12 seasons) Coughlin only won more than 10 games in the regular season twice and the last time was 2008. Need 12 wins to be a threat in this division and he at this point doesn't have the QB to do that.

During his Giants tenure (12 seasons) Coughlin only won more than 10 games in the regular season twice and the last time was 2008. Need 12 wins to be a threat in this division and he at this point doesn't have the QB to do that.

True. He's gonna have a tough time getting double digit wins and qualifying for the playoffs while in the AFC East.

But I could still see Coughlin stealing a game from us, and making it that much more challenging to win HFA (though I could easily see us winning a bye week nonetheless)

Don't want to see this happen. Do not want good coaches in the AFCE.

Lol, we should thank our lucky stars the Bills have not found a franchise QB

****...I might've just jinxed us :eek: :D

Last edited:
i think he'd rather be in a booth or on tv

Don't want to see this happen. Do not want good coaches in the AFCE.
I'm only concerned if he brings Spagnuolo with him as DC. It was Spags who devised the "pressure Brady" strategy that they used twice in Super Bowls and they won alot when he was DC ( '07 and '08) and now (15 and 16) While the defense was 'meh' last year, this year he has them 3rd best in points allowed, 3rd best in defensive 3rd down conversion and 7th best in least yards per play.....

I hope it happens. He was a worn out head coach who had lost control of his team two years ago.

Typical over reaction by ownership. Failed player-friendly coach who totally lacks discipline followed by head coach touting discipline.
The fact that team even had the record it did last year was remarkable. Jerry Reese set that guy up to fail. Tom wasn't the problem

I'm only concerned if he brings Spagnuolo with him as DC. It was Spags who devised the "pressure Brady" strategy that they used twice in Super Bowls and they won alot when he was DC ( '07 and '08) and now (15 and 16) While the defense was 'meh' last year, this year he has them 3rd best in points allowed, 3rd best in defensive 3rd down conversion and 7th best in least yards per play.....

Number 1 in points allowed per drive. I think the Pats are number 2 in that category. They spent 200 million. They had marginal talent on defense last year

Spags is staying in Giantland. But as great a game plan he had against Brady, he had the players to do it like Strahan, Tuck, Umenyiora. Also, didn't we beat Spags when he was coaching the Ravens D in 2014?

The guy will only coach what, four years? Three? Two?

He makes a nice stop gap, that's why he would make a perfect coach for the jags. He would take over a young team and show them how to
Win. He would be perfect for setting a foundation/culture there. I suppose he could do the same in buffalo

Are you kidding me ?

You mean the Spagnuolo who has the honor of being the architect of the worst NFL defense in history as well as the third worse defense in NFL history ? He is the typical average NFL coach who can get good performances out of good players but can't coach anyone up..

Please..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand