PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: TNF - Steelers @ Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steelers OL is horrendous. Most of the plays are designed to get the pass off and out of Roethlisbergers hands as quick as possible. Its clear why now, he will be sacked otherwise.

This game is calamitous.

Hasn't that pretty much always been the case, but they just relied on Big Ben being able to Herman Munster his way through it and just not go down most of the time? Doesn't seem to be working very well lately, tho. :eek:

EDIT: Browns up 13-3 at the half.

Last edited:
Re: Steelers just went for 4th down on their own 30

And there is match thread too, why did you feel the need to put this up in a separate thread unless you are trolling?

Browns 13-3. Matt Roth, whom I had hoped would clear waivers and fall to the Pats, just blew a play up in the backfield.

How far have the Steelers fallen? Are they going to lose to the Browns, arguably one of the worst teams in the NFL??

We are not the only teams with issues.

They s&ck on offense, they s&ck on defense, they s*ck on special teams

I am starting to think that last year simply took too much out of them.
Plus, they weren't that much better than the other teams last year and now everyone has been gunning for them.

yeah...last year took so much out of them they now are too tired to beat the chiefs, raiders and browns

keep hearing from some fans and some of the media that it is the responsiblity
of the players to execute the plays and that is the main problem. Then guess what?!
Tomlin, the Rooneys, somebody needs to hold these players accountable and shake things up.
We keep hearing Tomlin speak about changes and the under performance being unacceptable,
but we have not seen the actions to back this up.

How far have the Steelers fallen? Are they going to lose to the Browns, arguably one of the worst teams in the NFL??
Not just the Browns but the Chiefs and Raiders a few weeks ago. Wow.

Big Ben "fall down" #6 on a 3rd and 7. Oh frig it, I'm just going to say it. SACK. SACK SACK SACK SACK SACK. The BROWNS :eek: are able to sack the mutherlovin hell out of Big Ben. I may cry! :D

Last edited:
Well, as bad as we have it as Pats fans, it gotta be worse to be a Steelers fan. The Steelers at this rate might not even finish .500.

SACK #8 (?) helps hold the Steelers to a FG. Browns 13-6.

Okay, now I'm convinced that this says more about the Steelers OL and Ben than the Browns pass rush. There...I feel better! :singing:

Last edited:
My guess at this point is the Steelers win.

The football Gods saw that Polamalu head and shoulders commercial and that was it for the Steelers

Mangini is a moron. Decline the penalty. He got lucky.

My guess at this point is the Steelers win.

as bad as pit has been, this one possession game scares the daylights out of me

but thank GOD cleveland has josh cribbs....what a game

Last edited:
Mangini is a moron. Decline the penalty. He got lucky.

Yes. Yes he is. :D But even so, it ended up with the Steelers at 3 and 17 instead of 4th and 2 and apparently going to go for it (or long FG range, can't remember now). With the way they've been getting to Ben and the Steelers blowing chunks on converting 3 and long...I'm kinda thinking it wasn't really a bad decision. :confused2:

Last edited:
I don't know what's more pathetic... running the wildcat on 3rd and 11 or the fact that it worked

Yes. Yes he is. :D But even so, with the way they've been getting to Ben and the Steelers blowing chunks on converting 3 and long...I'm kinda thinking it wasn't really a bad decision. :confused2:

One defensive holding call or roughing the passer or pass interference and they get another set of downs. You decline and the Steelers have to go for a really long field goal or punt the ball away.

One defensive holding call or roughing the passer or pass interference and they get another set of downs. You decline and the Steelers have to go for a really long field goal or punt the ball away.

Ah, good point. Guess I didn't really think it through..then again, I don't get paid to, unlike Ratgini...for however much longer he gets paid to, anyway...hehe

EDIT: SACK number eleventy something on 3rd down! And then incomplete on going for it on 4th. Browns just may pull this off?!?!

Last edited:
shoulda been picked too!

i really hope the pats and steelers are not following the same path..:(

The sign of the apocalypse is coming. Steelers going to below .500. Pats losing winnable games. Giants having a mediocre season. What's happening to all the pre-season SB favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back