PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Title Town 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I needed that..

giphy.gif

Could this be the year of a sweep? What a time to be a Boston sports fan.

Why was Green Bay Titletown? They won some championships in one sport where there were like four competitive teams, until they had one real dynasty in the 60s. All in all, 13 titles in nearly 100 years. Patriots have 6 in a little over 50 years. No other good teams in Green Bay or Milwaukee. Boston has the Patriots and Celtics, enough said, the Bruins who are an all-time notable/very good franchise, and the Red Sox who have won 4 titles since 2000.

This took me a few nights to get through because of limited time right now but it was worth it. Other than the Patriots parts the Bruins win and the Soxs 04 were my favorite parts.

Amazing that between 04 and 10 all 4 teams won it setting the record for shortest duration for one city to hoist all 4 titles. Then they matched it 08-14.

In the total championships NY leads Boston 44-40 but they also have the advantage of 2 teams in both football and baseball coupled with the Giants have 40 more years of existence than the Patriots.

This millenium it's:

Boston 12, Patriots 6, Soxs 4, Bruins 1, Celtics 1

LA 7, Lakers 5, Kings 2. Some people try to give them Anaheim's winners as well with Angels and Ducks each getting one but even that's 9.

Nobody else more than 4.

This took me a few nights to get through because of limited time right now but it was worth it. Other than the Patriots parts the Bruins win and the Soxs 04 were my favorite parts.

Amazing that between 04 and 10 all 4 teams won it setting the record for shortest duration for one city to hoist all 4 titles. Then they matched it 08-14.

In the total championships NY leads Boston 44-40 but they also have the advantage of 2 teams in both football and baseball coupled with the Giants have 40 more years of existence than the Patriots.

This millenium it's:

Boston 12, Patriots 6, Soxs 4, Bruins 1, Celtics 1

LA 7, Lakers 5, Kings 2. Some people try to give them Anaheim's winners as well with Angels and Ducks each getting one but even that's 9.

Nobody else more than 4.
NJ is not included w/NY? Long Island?

2 teams in NBA & NHL for NY

Call it Title Town all you want, but in late 2001 Boston was on a run of two championships in the last 20 years. For all we know, the recent Super Bowl win could be the beginning of another drought.

I live in the UK and Liverpool dominated in football here throughout my childhood. When they won their last title in 1990 it would have seemed utterly inconceivable that they would go 29 years without winning another.

Call it Title Town all you want, but in late 2001 Boston was on a run of two championships in the last 20 years. For all we know, the recent Super Bowl win could be the beginning of another drought.

I live in the UK and Liverpool dominated in football here throughout my childhood. When they won their last title in 1990 it would have seemed utterly inconceivable that they would go 29 years without winning another.
Ownership is usually the key.

Kraft, Henry & Grousbeck came in with deep pockets, and ambition.

The Jacobs' pockets are lined with the tears of frustrated Bruins fans, who suffer from none of the illusions of Kraftfans or post-1993 so called Pats fans who follow the Pied Bledsoe flying elvis piper's "We Sucked" jihad regarding our team history, most of whom still today think Drew a) didn't suck, and b) is really better than half a dozen other Pats quarterbacks [he isn't], and c) he should have been put back in as the starter in 2001, Berry/Eason style, and that we'd have still won that year [when in fact we would have lost and been eliminated from the postseason, just like 1988].

Anyway, the Jacobs' are rich. But we won the Cup in '11 with a team mostly built by the unappreciated and banished Mike O'Connell.

Danny Ainge became King Midas after the '07 annual draft debacle, and the team he built around the new Big 3 was good for at least 3 or 4 titles.

But, immediately after winning #17, he went right back to being old trader Danny, letting James Posey go to the Big Easy and taking ubuntu with him. No more titles.

B's are looking good. The Celts? Umm, err, not so much.
I think the playoffs might fix the Celtics. Stevens will have to play a rotation, which mean less players. Making everyone happy (playing time) has been the problem with that team.

The other day, I looked up multiple titles for a location. In 1936, Detroit had 3 teams with titles. NY does not count as two teams for various sports.

I think the playoffs might fix the Celtics. Stevens will have to play a rotation, which mean less players. Making everyone happy (playing time) has been the problem with that team.
Well, you just can't keep up that defensive intensity for season after season...

If they do crank it up in the playoffs...well...

anything-is-possible-gif-3.gif

The list I found wasn't including Devils or Islanders cup wins for the 2000's. It is possible the won for the all time list was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft