PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Thanksgiving 2009 game discussions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncos driving the nails into the Giants coffin. I do not see Giants getting past both Cowboys and Eagles.. there will be at least one additional loss, and they will be 2.5 games out after tonight. One more loss just about does it for them.

If anything - Marc Columbo's(Dallas RT) loss could be HUGE going into the final stretch - Doug Free has played OK, but for the most part, he needs help against those speed rushers, which has opened up blitzes on other parts of the line. Pt being that the Giants have excellent speed rushers nonetheless, and they'll give Dallas fits.

Plus these NFCE matchups are incredibly unpredictable - didn't the Redskins almost beat the Cowboys at TX Stadium the other day?

The NFC WCs are going to be up for grabs - I still see the Giants having the edge over the Packers and Falcons.

And they could very well beat both - Dallas sucks in Dec, and the Philly game will be revenge

I would agree with that except Cowboys and Philly will be battling as well. They can't afford any more slips in the ranks.

The NFC WCs are going to be up for grabs - I still see the Giants having the edge over the Packers and Falcons.

Right now I believe the Eagles have the 2nd WC bracket with Giants one game out by virtue of their head to head loss. So I don't see the Eagles just rolling over and giving up their WC bracket.

Aaaannnd a pick on Eli seals the deal with the Broncs up 26-6 with about 2:30 left! Aaaand the Broncs can go back to stinking after this game, thank you very much! Yes, I am greedy. :D

Last edited:
Aaaannnd a pick on Eli seals the deal with the Broncs up 26-6 with about 2:30 left! Aaaand the Broncs can go back to stinking after this game, thank you very much! Yes, I am greedy. :D

The only time Norv Turner teams play well is when Turner's tail is on the line, and he starts coaching like Vince Lombardi. Well - after a 5 game win streak, he pretty much has nothing to gain for now, any chance the Chargers fade down the stretch?

The only time Norv Turner teams play well is when Turner's tail is on the line, and he starts coaching like Vince Lombardi. Well - after a 5 game win streak, he pretty much has nothing to gain for now, any chance the Chargers fade down the stretch?

Well...since the Chargers have already spanked the Broncs once, I'm feeling pretty good that despite his best efforts to Norv things up per usual, they'll still win the division once again and then serve their only real purpose in my football world...as Colt killers in the playoffs. I don't know how he does it, but God, I hope they never fire that guy! :D

EDIT: Oh, I forgot they played the Broncs twice already and have split...oh well, my theory still holds. I hope! And after a quick glance at both team's remaining schedules, looks the the Chargers might have the easier road. I won't get mad if your Cowboys win against the Chargers though, cause I'm nice like that. :p

Last edited:
No worries. The purpose is to confuse the offensive blocking by switching roles, either dropping back and letting 2nd line rush forward, or cross-blocking, and in this particular case it was a "looping" stunt where, instead of rushing head on, a defensive player drops back for a split-second, then "loops" over to a gap (where blockers are accounted for) and shoots it.

EDIT: I wasn't really paying attention but it may have been Dumervil who sacked Manning, in which case it was an OLB stunt and not a DE as I initally thought.

Thanks doctor.

Man, that was 3 terrible games yesterday. The giants sucked pretty bad. I tried to start out by rooting for them as we want denver to lose, but they didn't deserve to win. I love the Manning faces.

All of yesterday's games were absolutley horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents