PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Sean Payton "stepping away"

I hope DMac stays for one more season... But why did the FO sign him to such a contract in the first place...?

I hope DMac stays for one more season... But why did the FO sign him to such a contract in the first place...?

because in our pattern matching cover 3 defense, the free safety is the field general and mccourty is really good at communicating.

we have no backup on the roster that is nfl quality.

Yeah I think people who don't grasp the salary cap system are conflating different concepts - the Saints are in "salary cap hell" but that doesn't mean there's no way for them to get under the cap. There must be a way - that's the whole point - if there wasn't then the team would not be able to conform to the salary cap and faces severe penalties like having further space taken away in future years, fines, losses of draft picks, contracts canceled... etc.

I think some people are just trying to say "don't worry, the Saints can still become compliant this year" and it's causing uninformed people to interpret that as "oh cool, everything is perfectly fine" but it absolutely is not, at least not long-term.

Probably the same people who celebrate getting a one-year grace period on their refinanced loan at twice the APR.

The Saints can restructure contracts and not only get under the cap without cutting anyone, they can end up with over $20 million in cap space next year.

The Pats are in a much worse cap situation.

I think Payton is going to Dallas, its just a matter of time until Jerrah makes the deal with the Saints.
The Pats with 3 million in dead cap debt entering 2022, positive cap space (no matter how small) and a QB on a rookie deal for the next three years are in worse shape than New Orleans…

A team that didn’t make the playoffs, with no QB, 12.5 million in dead cap and a negative cap number to the tune of league worst -80 million dollars according to Spotrac… boy, I’ll take some of what you’re smoking.

Last edited:
Probably the same people who celebrate getting a one-year grace period on their refinanced loan at twice the APR.
Yeah it's just economics, which I don't think is most peoples' strong suit.

Feel like he underperformed more often than not in big playoff games. For instance, his playcalling between 2018-2020 against the Rams, Vikings, and Bucs wasn't good at all. Brees is similar.

The 2017-2020 Saints won more games in a four year period without getting to a SB.

They always left you wanting more.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back