PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Russell Wilson & Seahawks relationship deteriorating

What happened to let russ cook? Brady wins his first super bowl on a new team and you have these milionaire QBs all butthurt. Imagine that. Difference is brady was a UFA. Honor your contract or take a pay cut if you want OL around you.

What's next?

Dak wants out of Jerry's crab claws.

What happened to let russ cook? Brady wins his first super bowl on a new team and you have these milionaire QBs all butthurt. Imagine that. Difference is brady was a UFA. Honor your contract or take a pay cut if you want OL around you.

Trying to act like nba stars won't work or happen. In football 1 guy out of 53 isn't nearly as important. Even for QBs, I think the team has more leverage, they can seriously play hardball on a guy's career (and hof chances) if he doesn't give 100%. I don't see how Watson or Wilson can effectively force their way out.

I guess Brady did destroy that franchise. LMAO

Thank you Malcolm!

Last edited:
Seahawks pay him a ton of money, they go to the playoffs every year, sometimes the super bowl, have a competent coach... it would seem nearly every other situation would be worse for him.

4zg30h.gif

is this like Tom E Curran's "growing disconnect" from 10 years ago....a disconnect so powerful that Brady played another 10 years w the Pats?

Seahawks pay him a ton of money, they go to the playoffs every year, sometimes the super bowl, have a competent coach... it would seem nearly every other situation would be worse for him.

There aren't many that are better. A few sure, but not many. Brady has absolutely broken the league. Everyone looked at what he did in going to a new team and they think they can do the same. It isn't that simple. The situation wasn't perfect the instant Brady got there. He helped make it into one. Just the way he did many times while on the Patriots.

As 2020 progressed, RW went from MVP favorite to leader of a dreadful offense. Now they have to pay that Metcalf dude and shipped picks to the Jets.

Any QB looking in the $40M cap range over the next few years has issues. Considering the fact that Seattle hasn't really been a Super Bowl contender since 2014.........where is there to go?

Maybe one and done is fine for some but not everyone.

I don't want this to come across the wrong way because I think Wilson is an amazing QB and for sure elite but he is not at the level of Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady. He has always been just a tick below. I think most of it is due to his height. He just can't see well enough from the pocket and while he is great at making something happen from broken plays ala Mahomes, he just isn't consistent enough from the pocket.

That all being said, what in the world is Seattle doing? They threw that ball in SB 49 because they saw Wilson as the future of that team and not the LOB defense/Lynch. It seems they keep waffling on the guy. They paid him like he was the best QB prior to Mahomes' monster deal and now they don't want to tailor things for him? Head scratching. They really should have fired Petey after SB 49.

There aren't many that are better. A few sure, but not many. Brady has absolutely broken the league. Everyone looked at what he did in going to a new team and they think they can do the same. It isn't that simple. The situation wasn't perfect the instant Brady got there. He helped make it into one. Just the way he did many times while on the Patriots.
LOL. No kidding. Brady went from breaking teams (Colts, Steelers, Seahawks, Falcons, Chiefs) to just saying screw it, now I am am going to break the whole thing! Only Brady.

Brady's situation is different in that he just picked a team that had an abundance of talent. Zero chance he wins a SB this past year with LA Chargers, or Bears. Maybe he gets one with the Saints but that's about it.

Brady's situation is different in that he just picked a team that had an abundance of talent. Zero chance he wins a SB this past year with LA Chargers, or Bears. Maybe he gets one with the Saints but that's about it.
The Bucs (before Brady signed) were more talented than the Chargers, Bears, or Saints?

The situation is different because Brady was a free agent and the team didn't really want him anymore. He didn't shoot his way out of town

I don't want this to come across the wrong way because I think Wilson is an amazing QB and for sure elite but he is not at the level of Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady. He has always been just a tick below. I think most of it is due to his height. He just can't see well enough from the pocket and while he is great at making something happen from broken plays ala Mahomes, he just isn't consistent enough from the pocket.

That all being said, what in the world is Seattle doing? They threw that ball in SB 49 because they saw Wilson as the future of that team and not the LOB defense/Lynch. It seems they keep waffling on the guy. They paid him like he was the best QB prior to Mahomes' monster deal and now they don't want to tailor things for him? Head scratching. They really should have fired Petey after SB 49.

Wilson is in the same tier as Mahomes and Rodgers. In fact, Wilson has played well in 2 super bowls, which is more than what Mahomes did.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back