PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Russell Wilson & Seahawks relationship deteriorating

We all gonna ignore that this is the second high profile QB who allegedly has Jets on his list but not the Pats?

We all gonna ignore that this is the second high profile QB who allegedly has Jets on his list but not the Pats?
I know. Painful. I think Selah is appealing to a lot of players.

Why couldn’t he? Did it with the 2001 Pats

Pats in 2001 had coaching and a strong defense. The Chargers and Bears have neither the same talent that Tampa had nor the coaching.

How the **** can the Saints fit him in. They're super over the cap

Who is next Rodgers out of Green Bay ???

Sorry , I was not trying to take this thread off topic , my bad

How the **** can the Saints fit him in. They're super over the cap
That along with draft capital is why I don't think the Saints will happen. I'm sure they are on Wilson's list due to the amount of talent on that team, but doubt the trade would work for the teams

That along with draft capital is why I don't think the Saints will happen. I'm sure they are on Wilson's list due to the amount of talent on that team, but doubt the trade would work for the teams
I would imagine Seattle will want to deal him to the AFC.

Wrong. I said they were 1-5 against playoff teams heading into the playoffs (which is factually true), but I never once said the Bucs weren't talented. Brady didn't go to Tampa and magically pull a rabbit out of his hat. The Bucs had a talented defense and playmakers on offense. Then Brady brings along Gronk and Brown.

Wilson and Watson's situations are different. They are smart enough to realize that they won't pull a Brady in their first year with any new club and win a title, and they know they cannot dictate which actual team they get traded to. Some of you think that these guys are dumb. It's not about Brady for them - it's about the lack of respect their teams are giving them.

We're the Bucs talented? Yes. But it isn't like they were this elite juggernaut ready the instant Brady dropped in or even after the draft. I understand not wanting to give Brady credit at the expense of the rest of the team. I agree. It wasn't all just Brady. It never is all just 1 guy. But Brady did elevate that team in many ways.

Who was talking about the coaching of the Bucs before Brady got there? No one. Before Brady gets there the Bucs can't be disciplined and make a ton of penalties. After a little over a month they become one of the least penalized teams in the league. Their OL suddenly becomes one of the best in the NFL with the addition of Brady and a rookie. A very good rookie, but a rookie none the less. Suddenly pieces start to fall into their lap over the course of the year.

The young defense jelled and got healthy late in the year. It's worth noting this doesn't get the chance to happen with Brady putting up points and getting them deep in the playoffs. It all looks so easy when Brady does it. Everything seems to fall his way. Pieces seem to fall in place as if some gravitational pull exist that seems almost unrelated to him.

The fact is Brady has always been the best X factor player in NFL history. He is like the 'anti-locker room cancer'. A player that drags the entire operation up instead of down by osmosis.

Choosing the NYJ as a desired destination usually means the player values money and media opportunities over being part of a winning culture.

No one takes a discount to go play for the Jets

Choosing the NYJ as a desired destination usually means the player values money and media opportunities over being part of a winning culture.

Bingo. Look at who Wilson’s wife is. Hmm where would she want to live, New York or Seattle?

Look at the other destinations. Miami Las Vegas and I’m sure if they didn’t have Herbert LA would’ve been on his list as well.

Playing for the Jets would be the worst thing that could happen to Wilson or Watson. Their entire careers would go down the tubes. I don't think they realize that.

Bingo. Look at who Wilson’s wife is. Hmm where would she want to live, New York or Seattle?

Look at the other destinations. Miami Las Vegas and I’m sure if they didn’t have Herbert LA would’ve been on his list as well.
...and she sure as **** ain't gonna want to live in North Attleboro.

I think these guys see the culture changing because of the Selah hire. But you are right, NY city is a big draw always.

Playing for the Jets would be the worst thing that could happen to Wilson or Watson. Their entire careers would go down the tubes. I don't think they realize that.
Agree.

If they don't want to play here fine. Hard-ass Bill, lack of offensive talent, say in personnel, ****ty NE weather, taxes, whatever...

Going to the NYJ is moving to a new house that has mold and is haunted.

Agree.

If they don't want to play here fine. Hard-ass Bill, lack of offensive talent, say in personnel, ****ty NE weather, taxes, whatever...

Going to the NYJ is moving to a new house that has mold and is haunted.
LOL. For sure. But imagine winning a SB for the Jets? That would be bigger than when the Red Sox and Cubs won the World Series. Namath would be perpetually drunk for a year straight.

I think these guys see the culture changing because of the Selah hire. But you are right, NY city is a big draw always.
We'll see.

It all flows down from Woody.

Joe Douglas seems to have somewhat of a clue.

Who knows.

Do you realize that Tampa had the worst winning percentage of any team in NFL history prior to Brady coming? They were called the Suckaneers for a reason.

Great stat that means absolutely nothing. It's not 1976 and creamsickle isn't in style.

LOL. For sure. But imagine winning a SB for the Jets? That would be bigger than when the Red Sox and Cubs won the World Series. Namath would be perpetually drunk for a year straight.
I can deal with any other pro sports franchise winning a championship except the Jets.

It would be unbearable.

Great stat that means absolutely nothing. It's not 1976 and creamsickle isn't in style.
Huh? 45 years of perpetual losing, more than any other franchise, means nothing? Wasn't that your whole point though, let's see Brady turn around a losing franchise? That is exactly what he did in year one at age 43 with no off-season.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back