PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: RIP Norm MacDonald

A top 5 SNL cast member to me. I loved his dry sense of humor.

I remember he got let go by SNL, and then they had him host a few years later when the show was doing poorly. In The opening monologue, he just lit into Lorne Michaels and explained exactly that: he was fired, but now the show sucks so bad, they’re totally desperate…but in the Norm delivery.

A top 5 SNL cast member to me. I loved his dry sense of humor.

I remember he got let go by SNL, and then they had him host a few years later when the show was doing poorly. In The opening monologue, he just lit into Lorne Michaels and explained exactly that: he was fired, but now the show sucks so bad, they’re totally desperate…but in the Norm delivery.
That top 5-10 list is nuts. Farley, Dana, Jim B, Ferrell, Hartman, Murray, Murray, Hader, Fey, Amy, Aykroyd. He's up there, top ten for sure for me. I loved his style, discipline and delivery.

I'm still laughing as I type this...

It's pretty racist. It's funny, but racist.
That top 5-10 list is nuts. Farley, Dana, Jim B, Ferrell, Hartman, Murray, Murray, Hader, Fey, Amy, Aykroyd. He's up there, top ten for sure for me. I loved his style, discipline and delivery.

He was good but he only really did the Weekend Update thing and he was a good follow up to Dennis Miller, the latter the best for me. I was too young for Aykroyd and Curtin, and they were great, too.

The late 80s/early 90s casts were just loaded with talent and the writing was exceptional with Conan O'Brien there for a while before moving onto the Simpsons. When you have Sandler, Farley and Spade off the bench, you're loaded.

Carvey, Hartman, Nealon, Myers, Lovitz, etc.........And the ladies were outstanding...Nora Dunn, Jan Hooks and Victoria Jackson all were great in their own right. The ultimate heyday of SNL, save for the original cast.

He was good but he only really did the Weekend Update thing and he was a good follow up to Dennis Miller, the latter the best for me. I was too young for Aykroyd and Curtin, and they were great, too.

The late 80s/early 90s casts were just loaded with talent and the writing was exceptional with Conan O'Brien there for a while before moving onto the Simpsons. When you have Sandler, Farley and Spade off the bench, you're loaded.

Carvey, Hartman, Nealon, Myers, Lovitz, etc.........And the ladies were outstanding...Nora Dunn, Jan Hooks and Victoria Jackson all were great in their own right. The ultimate heyday of SNL, save for the original cast.
It's like Kevin Nealon doesn't exist. He was a great Weekend Update anchor.

I agree that those mid/late-'80s to mid/late-'90s casts were the deepest and most talented overall in the show's history, and had the longest run of sustained quality as well... The original cast is in my opinion still the best, on a performer-for-performer, episode-for-episode basis.

I agree that those mid/late-'80s to mid/late-'90s casts were the deepest and most talented overall in the show's history, and had the longest run of sustained quality as well... The original cast is in my opinion still the best, on a performer-for-performer, episode-for-episode basis.

Old guy thinks things were better when he was young.

Then you'll love this: SNL absolutely ****ing sucks now, and has sucked ever since Tina Fey infected the program with her 'tard-ism.
It also has to operate in the era of the bane of human existence - Twitter. I think social media, more than anything, has had a negative impact on the show, and comedy overall, as well. That’s not to excuse the cast. The cast today blows. When Pete Davidson with his butthole eyes is the most well-known of the cast, it’s a weak cast.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back