PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report says things are dire in Beefalo

I've been saying for a while that they're going to be contending for the #1 overall draft selection. Things seldom go the way you expect, but I expect them to be at the bottom of the league in offense.

The QB play, as mediocre as it's been, actually looks better than I expected since the preseason began. So maybe 6-10 instead of 0-16? Could go either way. They definitely won't be good.

I don't like their talent after what they've done in the past two offseasons, but judging them by preseason, particularly just by one preseason game, is as idiotic as judging the Patriots by one preseason game.

I was driving through Buffalo last week and went through a tollbooth. Handed the guy my money. As I was driving away I yelled "Go Patriots!!!"

Yeah I'm still 13 in some ways....

For such a piss poor team they have just about the same amount of cap space as the NEP...

Last year Sean McDermott was a new darling of the NFL, a NFL genius in the making, how the tide turns by his own admission the Buffalo Bills, "are failing themselves"..

Gotta feel for Josh Allen. He doesn’t stand a chance there

What gets me about buffalo are the swaths of unwashed, delusional, drunk ******s running all over the place. They kick a field goal and fans act like they just won something.

Bills defense looked pretty promising last year. I don’t love Tyrod, but I think he’s very underrated. He’s a solid competent QB. I’d rather have him than Blake. The Monday nighter in Buffalo may be the end of their season already.

The Allen selection might have been worse than the EJ Manuel pick where they got him. Allen is going to be a disaster at the pro level.

He’ll be part of the problem there. Probably the worse of the QB first rounders this year...
Yep. I would have addressed other positions of need with that pick. Allen was a huge project to begin with and now he’s going to be forced into a bad situation.

He’ll be part of the problem there. Probably the worse of the QB first rounders this year...

Yeah he more than likely is. He just shouldn’t of been thrown into that situation. He doesn’t stand a chance

I don't like their talent after what they've done in the past two offseasons, but judging them by preseason, particularly just by one preseason game, is as idiotic as judging the Patriots by one preseason game.
Definitely agree.

And I always tell people, the 2008 Lions went 4-0 in the preseason (2008 is the season they went 0-16). So, does preseason matter? Yes, to the coaches and a warm up for us fans. Records and individual performances may be misleading (Cassell same year).

Last edited:
I live in western NY and all the people around here are always way overly optimistic until the Bills show their true colors every year. But one of my best buddies is die hard and he thinks they are going to be a hot mess this year. They have nothing on the oline or dline and that is a recipe for disaster. All they have on offense is shady and a bunch of wrs that cant seperate and 3 unproven qbs. This will be one of the 3 or 4 worst teams in the NFL you can bank on it.

Allen might have been a good selection for the Bills if they already had a team. They are still on a downward spiral post Rex Ryan, demolishing teams, hiring new coaches, zero continuity.

Tyrod Taylor sucks, so they will be improved at that position, unless Peterman is the starter, or unless Allen is thrown to the wolves.

Ooops.

Anyway, I can't begin to describe how bad Taylor is. If he's playing for you, it's like having one hand tied behind your back.

Anyway, the bills big problem is that last year they had this weird year in which they did very well with turnovers, and especially fumbles. We know that over time those things average out.

You can't deny that the coach did a really good job with a team lacking talent last year.

And this idea that the team has been devolving since Rex Ryan left? Ummmmm.... it boggles the mind that someone even wrote that.

The Bills were a horrific mess when Ryan was there. The new coach came in and took them to the playoffs--with less talent.

Things are dire now? Makes you wonder what's been going on for the last 20 years or so.

The problem is they dont retain good talent so they are constantly playing wack a mole year to year. Hey our DBs suck lets shore that up in draft but in the mean team we can let these oline and dline walk and so on. The new coach has made it a priority to get quality character players which is great but in the meantime they Jettisoned some talent with no depth behind it.

The Bills were a horrific mess when Ryan was there. The new coach came in and took them to the playoffs--with less talent.

I thought that was Andy Dalton's doing.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back