PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Redskins-Giants start the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Pats fan, dude. I just call it like I see it.

Ok dude, thanks for clearing up that mystery dude. Glad you're taking the loss of the perfect season and a once in a lifetime shot at football/sports immortality in stride dude. Makes you a better fan than me dude, so congrats dude.

For response, please see initial post.

Hey, hey come on now The Great Fork; I know you're just a rookie and all, but get with the program and start acting like the Stepford fans that have set up shop here. Face it, we lost to a far superior team, they beat us on offense, defense, special teams, coaching, front office, scouting department, cheerleaders, classier fan base, nicer stadium, nicer city, better uniforms, better looking quarterback, you name it, they beat us.

Someday, you will look back on this defeat and come to understand the Giants were not the 13-6 team going into the game and the fifth seed in the NFC, they were in fact the 60's Packers, 70's Steelers, 80's 49ers and 90's Cowboys all rolled into one.

As a Patriots fan, you should just be happy we got there.

Look at how quicklly Vegas has installed the Giants as overhwhelming favorites for a return trip. I for one would be shocked if they didn't pull a fourpeat here and become the REAL team of the decade, a label they so richly deserve based on the Stepford fans opinions.

Now you are seeing the light double G....

Don't worry. If the Jets ever win anything, you guys would be even more obnoxious than us. ;)

I really agree with that. Winning and success brings obnoxious fansout and band wagon fans

Yep, as Jan Brady said, the Giants beat the Patriots into submission, manhandled them all game long, dominated the defensive line of scrimage and yet it took the refs looking the other way as Goober heaved up a prayer that Tyree turned into the greatest catch in Super Bowl history and the Giants scoring with 39 seconds left to win the game.

Yep, the Giants totally dominated the Patriots, yet eeked out a last second win, so as as result, I'm going to bow to the feet of the greatest Super Bowl winner of all time, the New York Football Giants, who will now go on a historic fourpeat run to lay claim as the greatest team in the history of sports.

This if fun, I feel so liberated.

For response, please see initial post.

Everyone hates Pats fans because they all wish their team could be half as successful as the Patriots have been this decade; 3-1 in the Super Bowl and 4-1 in the AFCCG. Everyone hates the Yankees (or at least they used to, now they laugh at them, who can blame them), they hated the Celtics and Lakers in the 80's, Bulls in the 90's, etc, etc.

Everyone wants to be a winner and hates those that are, it's called human nature. If any other football team the past decade had the success the Patriots did, their fans would be hated too, there's nothing you're saying that I don't already know.

Yep, as Jan Brady said, the Giants beat the Patriots into submission, manhandled them all game long, dominated the defensive line of scrimage and yet it took the refs looking the other way as Goober heaved up a prayer that Tyree turned into the greatest catch in Super Bowl history and the Giants scoring with 39 seconds left to win the game.

Yep, the Giants totally dominated the Patriots, yet eeked out a last second win, so as as result, I'm going to bow to the feet of the greatest Super Bowl winner of all time, the New York Football Giants, who will now go on a historic fourpeat run to lay claim as the greatest team in the history of sports.

Boy that loss really lit you up didnt' it? NOBODY is saying this is a great team, I cant say they'd even beat the Pats 3 out of 10. However, the Giants won the game! You cannot take that away...EVER.

I'm about as happy as you were when the Ravens blew the Giants off the field in 2000. You remember that one don't you? You actually thought you had a shot in that one I'm sure. Maybe you don't remember it with you being a fan for what, the past two months or so?

Nope, can't take that loss away just like I can't take away this loss, a loss is a loss. Life goes on and I'm just a fan of the team, I'm not the one who lost untold millions of dollars like the Krafts did. It's all about the dead presidents, you'll learn that eventually once you graduate high school and become a sanitation engineer for the great city of New York.

Enjoy your status as Super Bowl Champ. You're reading way too much into this, but hey, whatever gets your **** hard, have at it. You're just about the only Giants fan whose registered here to be a ballbreaker, so you've got that going for you; congratulations.

Yes, it was that one miracle play that won the giants the game when the patriots had numerous chances in the game to end it.

I'm about as happy as you were when the Ravens blew the Giants off the field in 2000. You remember that one don't you? You actually thought you had a shot in that one I'm sure. Maybe you don't remember it with you being a fan for what, the past two months or so?

Nope, can't take that loss away just like I can't take away this loss, a loss is a loss. Life goes on and I'm just a fan of the team, I'm not the one who lost untold millions of dollars like the Krafts did. It's all about the dead presidents, you'll learn that eventually once you graduate high school and become a sanitation engineer for the great city of New York.

Enjoy your status as Super Bowl Champ. You're reading way too much into this, but hey, whatever gets your **** hard, have at it. You're just about the only Giants fan whose registered here to be a ballbreaker, so you've got that going for you; congratulations.

Hey whats with the personal attacks?? I have been nothing but cordial to you and fellow Pat fans in this whole thread. You are pissed off and I can't help you with that. I have never said ONE derogatory word about the Pats...not ONE. and yes I have watched the Giants go down in a blaze enough times to know how it feels. I MOVE ON and give credit where its due.

And opposuing fans everywhere who read this forum are thrilled to have you Jan Brady here to keep all of us Patriot fans in line, the pillar of truth, justice and the American way that you are.

Thank God for fans like you Jan Brady, keep up the mediocre work of constantly (and I mean constantly) telling everyone how old the Patriots defense is, how much the Giants manhandled the Patriots, how they dominated the game and are on the upswing while the Patriots clearly are on the back nine.

You must be a real prize to watch a game with; Jan Brady, aka, Debbie Downer.

Keep it up, you'll be a shoe in for Patriots fan of the year.

You are a Patriots fan, aren't you? Or more likely a Giants fan pretending to be a Patriots fan; hard to say as I doubt you've got the balls to come clean, you'd rather continue to be the sackless wonder that you are and keep us all guessing.

Reading the crap you've written since you popped up here like a pimple on the ass of humanity, it's really hard to tell what you are; Patriots fan, Giants fan, man, woman, manchild, heshe, yep, hard to tell.

I'd bet the house on heshe.

Last edited:
It's not surprising you can't tell if I am a fan as you weren't even able to identify what happened in the Super Bowl . The Giants defensive line dominated the Patriots offensive line and the Patriots were unable or unwilling to make the necessary adjustments to counteract what the Giants defense was doing. Sound familiar; look no further than Patriots/Rams. Once the Patriots took the lead, their defense had several opportunities to ice the game and could not, it was a combination of not being able to make a key play, missed calls by the officials and a special teams player making the greatest catch in Super Bowl history.

It is always those like yourself that grow intolerant quickly and start throwing around insults, as a defense to their own ill concieved ideas or suggestions. What is ill concieved about what I just said?

Perhaps my ideas aren't the largest or the most sought after on this board No, they are not, you sound like a Giants fan, not a Patriots fan with the way you are going overboard about how off the charts terrific the Giants played.

but they aren't the rantings of a little, frustrated homer, unwilling and incapable of facing reality. I'm far from little sport, my suggestion to you is tread lightly. I faced reality two seconds after the Super Bowl; the Patriots had a chance at Football/Sports immortality and they blew it, end of story.

It your right though to continue with your emotional breakdown on this site. Emotional breakdown; how long have you been a member here? Go back and read some of the posts after the Super Bowl and the reactions members here had to it. My reaction is mild compared to some of the other members and reading what some had to say helped me deal with the loss, it's called being fans of the same team and feeling the same way in a lot of respects. Your attitude was the exception around here, hate to piss on your parade, but take the time to read before you get all preachy on me, ok Rev Wright?

If nothing else it gives us entertainment until pick number 7 of the draft - then you can start whining about that. Maybe you'll break 100 posts by then; I've never once complained about a draft pick the Patriots have made during the draft, I don't get paid to make those decisions, I trust that those who do are making the ones best suited for the team. The truth comes out as the season goes along.

It's not surprising you can't tell if I am a fan as you weren't even able to identify what happened in the Super Bowl . The Giants defensive line dominated the Patriots offensive line and the Patriots were unable or unwilling to make the necessary adjustments to counteract what the Giants defense was doing. Sound familiar; look no further than Patriots/Rams. Once the Patriots took the lead, their defense had several opportunities to ice the game and could not, it was a combination of not being able to make a key play, missed calls by the officials and a special teams player making the greatest catch in Super Bowl history.

It is always those like yourself that grow intolerant quickly and start throwing around insults, as a defense to their own ill concieved ideas or suggestions. What is ill concieved about what I just said?

Perhaps my ideas aren't the largest or the most sought after on this board No, they are not, you sound like a Giants fan, not a Patriots fan with the way you are going overboard about how off the charts terrific the Giants played.

but they aren't the rantings of a little, frustrated homer, unwilling and incapable of facing reality. I'm far from little sport, my suggestion to you is tread lightly. I faced reality two seconds after the Super Bowl; the Patriots had a chance at Football/Sports immortality and they blew it, end of story.

It your right though to continue with your emotional breakdown on this site. Emotional breakdown; how long have you been a member here? Go back and read some of the posts after the Super Bowl and the reactions members here had to it. My reaction is mild compared to some of the other members and reading what some had to say helped me deal with the loss, it's called being fans of the same team and feeling the same way in a lot of respects. Your attitude was the exception around here, hate to piss on your parade, but take the time to read before you get all preachy on me, ok Rev Wright?

If nothing else it gives us entertainment until pick number 7 of the draft - then you can start whining about that. Maybe you'll break 100 posts by then; I've never once complained about a draft pick the Patriots have made during the draft, I don't get paid to make those decisions, I trust that those who do are making the ones best suited for the team. The truth comes out as the season goes along.

Why do you keep blaming the refs?? I dont get that. You CANT be talking about the Tyree play. First off, holding can be called all the time in the NFL. Second the holding you saw or wanted to see was far from conclusive. Yes, Toomer pushed off...they didnt even score on that drive. No doubt the Giants caught breaks at the end to win that game. But it was the Pats NOT making plays, not the Giants getting calls from the refs. Do something, go to ANY blog after any loss and you will see people compaining the refereeing was bad. Some games are decided by officials i.e. Pittsburgh/Seattle...now THAT was a true travesty...but holding calls in key moments of games. Believe me the refs would have taken more cr** about bad calls if they HAD thrown a flag there.

did u watch the same game I did? the NY Giant D line beating the piss out of the Patriots. Man I can't wait until the Pats come to Indy this year and hopefully the Colts will be healthy this year! .. cause if so .... well you chowder heads know what will happen!:D

You guys would not have had a prayer against the pats this year...the Giants had THE one thing needed. A fierce pass rush. Indy wouldn't have gotten a sniff.

First off, what does the Giants DL domination of the Patriots OL have to do with the Colts? And if the Colts are not healthy, at least you've got a ready made excuse. Outstanding effort vs the Chargers by the way.

Giant fans can crow all they want, they earned that right, unlike yourself.

didn't we crow last year? how long has it been since NE has crowed????

And by the way who is crying about excuses? Time, refs blah, blah, blah. All I read on this bourd is how NE got f'd. Face it you just were not good enough. Live with it. 18-1 aint so bad ...lol

At least they made the Super Bowl.....you guys fell flat on your faces this year. Like the prior post said...leave the crowing this year to Giant fans...you guys will have your chance again. Crowing after a beatdown as the Chargers gave you is stupid. If you are going to go by past performance, Pats have you guys smoked...... I'm sure next year I will be eating crow...what are the odds of the G-men winning 2 Supes...but for 1 year, one amazing year...we can gloat.

I hope the Giants lose some players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back