PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Red Sox-Yankees 2004 (last pitch of every at bat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With the Red Sox and Yankees set to rehash an epic rivalry in the playoffs, I figure what better way to get pumped than by watching some clips of 2004.

I took every game and edited the last pitch of every at bat.

Enjoy....

Game 4

Game 5

Game 6

Game 7

This series is going to be tough for the Red Sox. I’m originally from NY but don’t like the Yankees one bit (Nats fan now). Am rooting for Boston but the Yanks are playing lights out.

I have this lingering feeling that the Sox are going to choke this series away in true Red Sox postseason fashion.

Get ready for 4 hour games, 14,000 pitching changes, 17,000 mound visits, and the Sox bullpen getting lit up...

Yankees are good enough to get here but the Sox are a better ballclub imo. Home field advantage is the difference in this one. Sox in 5.

I have this lingering feeling that the Sox are going to choke this series away in true Red Sox postseason fashion.
The cold, hard truth is the Yankees 9,collectively is better than the Sox 9 and the top 8 pitchers for the Yanks are better than the top 8 pitchers for the Sox.

There...thats my chicken little post for the day.

The AL as a whole is stacked, 4 best records and 100 win teams all in the al. Im not a huge baseball fan but id imagine its been a while since the league has been that lopsided

How is it possible that this is only the fourth time they've met in the post season? They've played the Rays twice already and they've only been good for a decade.

This series is going to be tough for the Red Sox. I’m originally from NY but don’t like the Yankees one bit (Nats fan now). Am rooting for Boston but the Yanks are playing lights out.

Their offense has come on of late, but "lights out" seems hyperbolic.

This series will come down to one thing... home runs. The Yankees simply cannot generate runs without putting it out of the park and their starting pitching isn't good enough to hold Boston to under ~4 runs a game. NY has a big bullpen advantage, but it won't even come into play if they aren't averaging two home runs a a game.

The 2004 Yankees were easy to despise. The 2018 Yankees has a few likeable players, especially Judge. Doesn't really showboat, seems to enjoy interacting with the fans and I though it was classy of him last night to congratulate the A's for their season before talking about the Yankees.

How is it possible that this is only the fourth time they've met in the post season? They've played the Rays twice already and they've only been good for a decade.

Because prior to instituting the WC, it was impossible for division foes to meet in the playoffs.

The AL as a whole is stacked, 4 best records and 100 win teams all in the al. Im not a huge baseball fan but id imagine its been a while since the league has been that lopsided

Sox win 108 games and now they have to play the 100 win team in the division series instead of the 90(?) win Indians. It is what it is I guess.

Their offense has come on of late, but "lights out" seems hyperbolic.

This series will come down to one thing... home runs. The Yankees simply cannot generate runs without putting it out of the park and their starting pitching isn't good enough to hold Boston to under ~4 runs a game. NY has a big bullpen advantage, but it won't even come into play if they aren't averaging two home runs a a game.

Totally agree about home runs. Honestly that's the only thing they're really good at on offense. They don't put pressure on pitchers, they don't have many good hitters for average, they play a lot of station to station ball. I actually don't think the Yankees pen is as good as people think. Key guys like Green and Robertson aren't as good as last year. Chapman can be hit and we saw that ourselves a couple months ago.

Because prior to instituting the WC, it was impossible for division foes to meet in the playoffs.
Huh, guess there was no wild card til 1994? Wow that's wild lol. Hard to believe it was that long you could only have one team per division.

What’s the season series between them?

The cold, hard truth is the Yankees 9,collectively is better than the Sox 9 and the top 8 pitchers for the Yanks are better than the top 8 pitchers for the Sox.

There...thats my chicken little post for the day.

Yeah... I too am a little, uh...

tenor.gif

Yeah... I too am a little, uh...

tenor.gif

Yep- With that said this Sox team has been playing hard, tough, resilient baseball all year. They are a high-character team. Lotta grinders. They won't go down easy. I'm convinced of that.

My fear is because they have been on auto-pilot for the last month, it might take them time to recover that vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes