PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Recent Titans Flyover Under Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. The reason they’re doing that is because of the defense budget and all of the innovation that comes along with it. I think there were something like 13 Christian pages on Facebook spreading misinformation and, when the company tracked the source, all 13 were based out of troll farms in Macedonia. LMAO.

What? Where do you get this from?

I am referencing an actual MIT study. That 140 million is a real figure:

It still remains that Russia and China are waging their wars on us in different realms, e.g., the Gerasimov doctrine.

And we are still hemmoraging money on F-22's that absolutely will not see combat with a first world country, only some ****hole that Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, et al., will push Congress to wage war on, when they feel that their market value has dropped too low.

As for America being a “first world ****h0le,” why are you still here? You have money. Why not move to Denmark or Switzerland? Seems like you’d be much happier there.

Not the first time you've brought up this tired old republican rejoinder and I've answered it a couple times before. Since you've asked it yet again, I can only conclude that you're just posturing.

??? There are tons of articles about it. You’re not seeing it because you don’t want to. Why would tuition costs remain static if supply is finite and demand goes up because of the federal government’s predatory lending processes to 18 year old kids right out of high school? If you don’t want to trust an article, that’s fine. Look at when tuition costs began to skyrocket then when the federal government got involved in student loans. Not that hard to see the correlation unless you don’t want to.

Yes the government is responsible for issuing predatory loans.

As far as I know, they are not behind the skyrocketing rise in tuition fees. But you may change my mind if you present compelling evidence or argument.

It’s not BS at all. Most people in this country are soft and don’t care to work anymore. This is on display whenever the “free” college conversation comes about. I just posted a link about Fortune 500 companies that offer anything from tuition assistance to full-on reimbursement. If you go to work for the local or state governments in many states, they do as well after a probationary period. Why? Because there are benefits to educating your employees and then “farming” them in-house. The rub? You have to work hard to get your degree, take night classes, sacrifice some of your weekends, and it generally takes longer since most don’t have the time to go to school and work full time.

Even still, kids choose to sign on the dotted line for the equivalent of a mortgage payment with a sky high interest rate to graduate in four years. They do that because it’s the path of least resistance. I had that choice. Didn’t feel like paying student loans off for 10+ years at $800-$1,000 a month and opted to take longer, work, grow in my company, and learn. Sucked while I was doing it, but I’m completely debt free and pulling in six figures per year.

How is signing up for a predatory loan "the path of least resistance"? Seems to me that it's the exact opposite. Those kids are out of high school and they need a job asap.. can't have a job without a college degree, can't have a college degree without a job. That's the definition of being screwed to me.

What economy in the world ISN’T rigged? What relevance does this have to the conversation of giving the government more non-transparent control over our tax dollars so everyone can go to college when the government created the high tuition problem in the first place? I’m failing to see how this isn’t a red herring.

Government itself is not an enemy, it's a tool, it's a structure. What makes government good or bad are the people running it. Simple as that.

And if Russia or China needs any reminding of how ****ed up this country is and how idiotic it would be to invade this country, here's a reminder (and yes that's an actual tweet and an actual family, and worse, an actual republican representative):

It's basically a flying 30mm autocannon...violent as hell, and that was from the "cozy" side watching it do what God General Dynamics made it to do. Can't imagine being on the receiving end...

Flyovers are whatever...I feel more from the National Anthem or a moment of silence or something along those lines than I do a flyover. Keep it, leave it, doesn't matter to me.
Exactly. I don't pay any attention to flyovers. It's just a plane or a helicopter.

Want to get a thrill? Fly at over 100mph in a Chinook at treetop level looking out an open, or half-open can't remember, cargo bay while stoned.

Last edited:
Flyovers are not honoring the military, they are marketing the military.
That's right.

They are intended to whip up patriotic emotions and impress everybody with the prowess of our armed services so folks will unquestioningly support the military and so they can sign up more new recruits.
That's right.

as pointed out, they are counted as required proficiency time so there isn’t even added cost. so what’s not to like?
So what's not to like?

Well, you have a vulnerable young man, who for multiple reasons, not just all the flyovers he's seen, but they're part of it, joins the Army, maybe goes to jump school, winds up with the 173rd, and then the next time his family sees him he's lying on a stryker bed with 3 of his limbs missing. Lets not forget that that is a very real possible outcome of flyovers and other marketing the military does. While some of the young men and women that that marketing is aimed at realize the possibilities to some degree, most do not.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: PP2
And if Russia or China needs any reminding of how ****ed up this country is and how idiotic it would be to invade this country, here's a reminder (and yes that's an actual tweet and an actual family, and worse, an actual republican representative):

Not a single one of those guns is loaded. Just an observation.

That's right.

That's right.

So what's not to like?

Well, you have a vulnerable young man, who for multiple reasons, not just all the flyovers he's seen, but they're part of it, joins the Army, maybe goes to jump school, winds up with the 173rd, and then the next time his family sees him he's lying on a stryker bed with 3 of his limbs missing. Lets not forget that that is a very real possible outcome of flyovers and other marketing the military does. While some of the young men and women that that marketing is aimed at realize the possibilities to some degree, most do not.

Were you a Sky Soldier? Ooooph. I almost got sucked into 2nd batt ("the rock" :rolleyes:) , got offered a chance to assess for something better, was at Bragg on those orders, and those oxygen thieves tried reporting me as AWOL.

Were you a Sky Soldier?
No, Leg. I picked the 173rd because those guys had such a high casualty rate.
What unit saw the most combat in Vietnam?

Image result for casualty rate in the 173Abn in Vietnam
Activated in 1915, as the 173rd Infantry Brigade, the unit saw service in World War II but is best known for its actions during the Vietnam War.

Last edited:
Not a single one of those guns is loaded. Just an observation.
Most I could see aren’t, a couple weren’t obvious. But you should always assume every gun is loaded, right?

but the whole thing is such an obvious troll. Boy they really owned them Libtards didn’t they?

Yeah, and Don Shula is griping to Satan and his cronies right now about a lawn mover with a snowplow.....

Most I could see aren’t, a couple weren’t obvious. But you should always assume every gun is loaded, right?

but the whole thing is such an obvious troll. Boy they really owned them Libtards didn’t they?

Nice try dismissing it as a harmless"owning the libbies" stunt, but this kook's posting history tells you otherwise. He's a real cult fanatic, as bad a vaccine conspiracist as they come. Wouldn't be surprised if he was part of the cult that stormed that DC pizza parlor because they all thought Hilary was running a pedo ring out of the basement of that place.

I still get a good laugh out of that one, even now. ****ing republicunts.

The problem with the cost of college is that the government keeps throwing more money at trying to solve the problem, but the more money they spend, the more the colleges compensate by raising prices.

Every state should have a free state school for residents (larger states would have more than just 1) - and then not one single dime of public money goes to help students who attend private schools.
College is a scam for some people.

All students are to a college is a dollar sign. They will gladly let you take a 4 year degree in a field where you have zero hope of finding a good job. The schools dont care if you borrow all the money that you can and pay it to pay them. So many graduate and go to work at a place like Starbucks with student loan debt that they cant possibly pay off. You are on your own and we got our money.

My solution for affordable college is for the schools to lower profit margins and teacher salaries. The schools will borrow money directly from the government and the students will now pay the school back. Watch how fast the schools take a vested interest in their students education and success when they need their loan money back to stay in business.

"You know Jeremy, perhaps that Bachelors in Gender Studies aint such a great idea."

Watch how efficient operations run as well.

Always kind of amazes me that people who complain about the exorbitant costs for a college education, and the crippling student loan debt that most choose to take out to go, somehow think that allowing the government to regulate it through taxes (without transparency) is the answer.

Who pays for the free college? What happens when the market gets saturated with degrees? What’s your plan for the trades shortfall which will surely happen? Will I be reimbursed the thousands of dollars I had to pay out of pocket to put myself through school? Will others be reimbursed what they’ve paid into their student loans and have the rest of them canceled?

Free college isn’t free. The burden just shifts to the taxpayers. Now, if you want to talk about lowering the costs of going to college for these kids, I’m all ears. In no world should a class cost over $1,000 at a public university nor should a text book cost $300.
Why do you say "without transparency"?
We have free high school. With today's labor needs, why not extend it to college? And treat trade schools same as college.
Take a look at at the German model with free college/trade schools and a strong apprenticeship system.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Endowment funds. They own investments. It’s amazing how much real estate around Boston is owned by colleges and universities. A lot of Kendall Square is owned by BU for example. I assume Harvard and MIT own most of Cambridge. That helps infouence politicians of course.
And those properties are exempt from property taxes even when they're not used for for educational purposes. It's a real scam.

The main issue is that many kids take degrees that do not have real world applications. Then upon graduation, they are forced to take entry level jobs, jobs they could have taken after high school graduation. So they lost 4 years in the job market of experience, racked up $100k - $200k of debt and now sit around and complain that no one values their women's study degree. While a kid who goes to voc school during high school to be an electrician has been working as an elctrician for 4 years, now is probably making 6 figures and is set for life while having put the $150k into his new house. It isn't society's job to save people from the bad decisions they make. If the stem field isn't for you, maybe you shouldn't be dumping $$$$ into a college. If you don't know what you want to be when you grow up, perhaps $150,000 is a lot of money to spend trying to figure that out. Lots of larger companies will pay their employees to go back to college once they are employed there, perhaps that is a better way to go. Or go out and get a job first. At a minimum, find out what the average starting salary is for a major from a university you are thinking of attending before you decide to spend your hard earned money to go there.

It is also rather funny, that huge military budget, in large part, goes to pay the salaries of the men and women who serve the country. If you serve in the military you also get to take advantage of the GI BIl, which also helps pay for your college, after, or while you serve. The money spent on planes and tanks go to the almost exclusively, American companies that build them and all the people who work for Boeing and Lockeed and whomever else makes them.

No, Leg. I picked the 173rd because those guys had such a high casualty rate.

Didn't know that about them. I tend to think a lot more about what they were doing in Afghanistan, where most of the dudes I know saw a fair bit of action.

Hope your legs and back are doing better than mine these days lol

Why do you say "without transparency"?
We have free high school. With today's labor needs, why not extend it to college? And treat trade schools same as college.
Take a look at at the German model with free college/trade schools and a strong apprenticeship system.
I believe the European system uses testing to a large part to determine whether you get to go to college or into the trade fields. I am not an expert, or up on that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes