Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Interesting read:

Looks like the helicopters were way too low. Looking at the footage, definitely a little crazy.

Crazy.. the wash from that chopper must have been brutal.

End the flyovers. They're stupid and a waste of taxpayers money. Really wish that this country would stop glorifying the military. We're not even at war with anyone anymore, but who knows how long that reprieve will last.

End the flyovers. They're stupid and a waste of taxpayers money. Really wish that this country would stop glorifying the military. We're not even at war with anyone anymore, but who knows how long that reprieve will last.
A small fraction of the annual military budget could be used to solve so many problems related to education, the environment, healthcare, etc.
index.jpg

We're at war with Oceania. We have always been at war with Oceania.

I knew it! That explains why, even though we aren't at war, the bloated Pentagon received an increase in budget. What it is it now.. over $700 billion a year, and it's unaudited.

Meanwhile, the Build Back Better bill costs $300 billion a year, but that's just way too much!

Interesting read:

Looks like the helicopters were way too low. Looking at the footage, definitely a little crazy.

Lakota and Apaches fly low over my house every now and then. They’re noisy, but not really scary or dangerous. A Warthog, on the other hand . . . hear it in close quarters once and you’ll never forget it.

not as bad as the wash you get in the stands at WFT games.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: PP2

End the flyovers. They're stupid and a waste of taxpayers money.
Another myth the ignorant too often believe.
Really wish that this country would stop glorifying the military.
Yeah! What kind of ******* shows respect and reverence for the men and women who put their lives on the line to keep us all safe from totalitarianism???

Unless it’s an American holiday or a date of historical significance (I.E., 12/7, 9/11), I agree that the flyovers aren’t necessary. Some stadiums have already cut them out.

Can’t agree on not glorifying the military, though. They’re usually kids from poor economic backgrounds risking their lives for 4 years so they can improve their futures. If you can’t glorify that, then I don’t know what you CAN glorify.

Would have loved to have been there, especially to see the delicates all triggered and weepy

I'd love for some Pinochet helicopter flyovers....

Flyover expenses run an average of about $60,000 an hour per plane. Most flyovers appear to be covered as required flight training time for the participants, however. In other words, if they weren't flying over a stadium, they would be flying over a field somewhere. So they are not usually add-on expenses. When they pull out the stealth bombers for a Super Bowl flyover, that could be another story, not sure.

Every single member of my family that's served in the military has always stated that they didn't feel honored by flyovers, and that there are much better ways to do so. I'll trust them.

Would have loved to have been there, especially to see the delicates all triggered and weepy

The nation was founded to protect and support "the delicates." That's the mission.

Lakota and Apaches fly low over my house every now and then. They’re noisy, but not really scary or dangerous. A Warthog, on the other hand . . . hear it in close quarters once and you’ll never forget it.
My house is close to Davison Army Airfield at Fort Belvoir and we are frequently buzzed by low flying copters. Just a fact of life. They are not nearly as numerous or annoying as the commercial jets from Reagan National which used to be routed down the Potomac, but are now sent over heavily populated areas.

and rightly so... who needs those bloomin' onions... and those hobbit movies were atrocious... did you know they have animals with pouches???? Who in their right mind gives wild animals pouches???????

As for the flyover... 'eh if i was there, i would thought it was pretty cool to see that...

I just hope national law enforcement agencies will defer to the NFL's investigative team.
I believe Exponents detailed scientific analysis of the situation* has indicated that its more than probable that there was too much air pressure in Tennessee that day so those flights didn't actually happen...

*- Coauthored & edited by Jeff Pash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back