PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ray Guy passed away at 72

Sorry to hear it.

He had an absolute cannon of a leg.

He had no peer, the first super-punter. It seemed like every single punt went a mile high and mile long, never a shank. Rich Camarillo probably had the best leg I can recall among Pats punters.

They had a special on NFL channel today on him. Tremendous athlete. Was drafted by the Reds as a pitcher. Raiders picked him in the 1st round and Madden said it was the easiest pick he ever made.

No disrespect to Ray Guy, Jerrel Wilson was the first all time great punter. Statistically he was better than Ray. I did not realize that he spent one year with the Pats.

No disrespect to Ray Guy, Jerrel Wilson was the first all time great punter. Statistically he was better than Ray. I did not realize that he spent one year with the Pats.

Yep, in 1978 when he replaced the weak-ass Mike Patrick... Too bad he didn't stick around for the 1979 & '80 seasons too...

They had a special on NFL channel today on him. Tremendous athlete. Was drafted by the Reds as a pitcher. Raiders picked him in the 1st round and Madden said it was the easiest pick he ever made.
they picked another kicker in 1st round

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back