PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Raiders star Chandler Jones claims was taken to a mental health hospital against his will

Good he needs to be locked up somewhere under constant watch he's a danger to himself and others.

I fear the downward spiral will not end well. Ever since the shirtless episode, it’s been clear Chandler is unwell.

I’ve been (voluntarily) admitted inpatient at mental hospitals several times in my adult life. (Shoutout McLean) Now I don’t know what the laws might be in Nevada but I know from experience that the bar that you need to legally meet to forcibly commit an individual is incredibly high and essentially means you are really fu.cked.

After a cervical acdf operation 11/1999 I suddenly had a combination of 8 serious mental disorders ... my guess is at least schizophrenia and sleep deprivation. Have that one and I know it well.

If anyone is interested ...

"Lack of sleep can cause the symptoms of mental health conditions, including schizophrenia, to increase and become harder to manage — even if you are taking medication. Some of the symptoms which might increase are:

disorganized thought
memory difficulties
difficulty concentrating
difficulty expressing thoughts
difficulty paying attention
hallucinations
delusions
anger, sadness, or other emotions that don’t fit the situation
This can weaken the effect of medication and treatment plans that were helping you manage your condition. It can cause a relapse and might cause the need for a new course of treatment"

Damn...as a patriot he was one of my favourite playiers...
Very sad...disturbing...
I really hope and wish he will be able to recover

I’ve been (voluntarily) admitted inpatient at mental hospitals several times in my adult life. (Shoutout McLean) Now I don’t know what the laws might be in Nevada but I know from experience that the bar that you need to legally meet to forcibly commit an individual is incredibly high and essentially means you are really fu.cked.
He has made some bizarre statements but I do not know if he has threatened to harm himself or anyone else (I haven’t followed the story terribly closely so I admit I may have missed something).

The domestic dispute of course is not good so that will wind its way through the court system but I don’t exactly see any time behind bars for that situation.

I have dealt with my own mental health issues. There are a lot of great hospitals (McLean-Near Boston) that are excellent at helping you recover and understand your mental illness. I hope Chandler finds the help he needs and can find some peace in his life. Lastly, I hope he isn't also dealing with CTE.

I've known 4 people in my life with BPD, not one of the lived past 50 and they were all getting help and on meds. It's a terrible disorder and really has to be managed and you need people close to you to help.

People with BPD often, nearly always it seems, have substance abuse problems: a really terrible synergy. We know he's a doper, and he sure acts like a guy with BPD. I just read that the Raiders tossed him off the roster. Now what?

Then there's AB:

I feel bad for these guys ... all the technology in the world, and there's really no guaranteed treatment for either of them, and they're both still so young. :(

Last edited:
This reminds of one of my best friend’s I grew up with who had a mental break in our late 20’s. He started having conversations with himself and doing very weird stuff. He was eventually diagnosed with schizophrenia.

I haven’t spoken to him in almost 10 years and I don’t think I ever will it’s gotten that bad.

People with BPD often, nearly always it seems, have substance abuse problems: a really terrible synergy. We know he's a doper, and he sure acts like a guy with BPD. I just read that the Raiders tossed him off the roster. Now what?
Yep. Guarantee that AB and Chandler Jones turn out like this if they weren't NFL players. It's really not CTE.

Hey Josh, how about Uche, a #3 pick, and our “One Catch Wonder” Thornton for Davante Adams??

LVPD are investigating Chandler for a simple assault that occurred December 18th of last year. The victim a 24 year old male from Jacksonville, FL.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back