PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Parcells unhappy with Chad Henne's development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
NFL.com news: Source: Parcells unhappy with QB Henne's development

The latest downer to come out of Miami is that Bill Parcells, who ceded full control to general manager Jeff Ireland this week, is "disappointed" with quarterback Chad Henne, a source close to Parcells told NFL.com's Vic Carucci.

Specifically, Parcells isn't happy with Henne's development, but Parcells' feelings didn't have anything to do with him resigning his position as football czar, according to Carucci.

So I'm not the only person who thinks the guy with...

12 TDs / 14 INTs / 75.2 Rating

...isn't that impressive, either? Nice.

I'm a huge Buckeye fan. When Henne was QB at Michigan, I would have to say that if you picked a play at random, he was the best QB they ever had, bar none,(Brady didnt have the arm in college that he has now) but if you needed your QB to win, he was the worst they ever had.
Much like Drew Henson, Henne was supposed to be dangerous because he was talented but I always knew we would be Michigan because Henne wouldn't be able to come through in a close game. I'm pretty sure he was 0-career vs the Buckeyes.
That is not something learned, its not something that changes. And thats Henne He has a lot of ability, and may end up being a guy who puts up numbers, but he is not going to win in this league.
I imagine, after all of the Simms and Bledsoe stories that this area is exactely what PArcells was disappointed in, becuase its what he finds most important in a QB

I'm a huge Buckeye fan. When Henne was QB at Michigan, I would have to say that if you picked a play at random, he was the best QB they ever had, bar none,(Brady didnt have the arm in college that he has now) but if you needed your QB to win, he was the worst they ever had.
Much like Drew Henson, Henne was supposed to be dangerous because he was talented but I always knew we would be Michigan because Henne wouldn't be able to come through in a close game. I'm pretty sure he was 0-career vs the Buckeyes.
That is not something learned, its not something that changes. And thats Henne He has a lot of ability, and may end up being a guy who puts up numbers, but he is not going to win in this league.
I imagine, after all of the Simms and Bledsoe stories that this area is exactely what PArcells was disappointed in, becuase its what he finds most important in a QB

So he can't win? He had three 4th quarter comebacks in his first year starting, one of which was against the Patriots, another against the Jets.

This is merely a Parcells motivational tactic.

Last edited:
NFL.com news: Source: Parcells unhappy with QB Henne's development

So I'm not the only person who thinks the guy with...

12 TDs / 14 INTs / 75.2 Rating

...isn't that impressive, either? Nice.

I'm happy I turned the trade of Chad Henne, Dez Bryant, Larry Johnson for C.J Spiller and Donovan McNabb into Donovan McNabb, Greg Camarillo for Ben Roethlisberger, Laurent Robinson. I'm happy with my development of Chad Henne :D.

Oh and for the record.. of course I drafted Tom Brady and traded for Randy Moss. Of course I did.

Last edited:
he is not a star yet but he dose give them a real passing game to go with there great runing game... and the TUNA is on he's way out the door to a new team next year so he dose not care

So he can't win? He had three 4th quarter comebacks in his first year starting, one of which was against the Patriots, another against the Jets.

This is merely a Parcells motivational tactic.
I'm telling you what I saw.
3 4th quarter comebacks on the way to 7-9 doesnt impress me but considering the only difference between Miamis 7-9 and the Jets 9-7 is that the Colts tried aganst Miami, I can see where you are impressed. If Sporano bragged more, you would probably expect them to win the SB

I'm telling you what I saw.
3 4th quarter comebacks on the way to 7-9 doesnt impress me but considering the only difference between Miamis 7-9 and the Jets 9-7 is that the Colts tried aganst Miami, I can see where you are impressed. If Sporano bragged more, you would probably expect them to win the SB

rex ryan, the great white hype.

I saw this before dosnt matter if B.Marshell is there. The QB isn't.

The interesting thing is watching Parcells start his bail out in Miami. He did his "thing" again. He took over a team after a one or 2 win season. A bad team who had had a lot of high picks in recent years. And then he provides them with a large dose of stability, and confidence due mostly to his reputation. Then most importantly he takes the credit and his leave before the wheels fall off. He did it with the Pats, Cowboys, and now the Dolphins. He doesn't build for the long term and what ever success he has is short lived. Dollar Bill spends most of his time figuring out his exit strategy. He always leaves town before the holes start to appear in his image.

Looks to me like this is all about money than anything else...According to Rotoworld if he loses the starting QB job to Pennington that will cost the team about $3.25 million when Pennington's contract esculator kicks in pushing his salary up from $2.5 to $5.75 million for the year.

Last edited:
I think Henne's turning into a good QB, certainly the best in the division not named Tom Brady (although I honestly believe Brian Hoyer is developing into a very solid back-up at worst, meaning we might have the two best QB's in the division at some point), and when we play the Fish, we certainly should be worried by him, espcially now he has Marshall to throw to.

Yes, the phins have Marshall. The problem is this: Will Henne give them enough wins to keep Marshall happy? He's another Prima Donna. Yes, he's a gifted athlete and a great receiver. However, somewhere along the line he forgot to include humility among his many talents.

Marshall has an ego not unlike TO and when Henne doesn't come through, it will only be a matter of time before Miami has to deal with his ego, and it's a petulant ego to boot.

Just wait. Miami & the Jets are both primed for some serious soap opera problems this season, and the question is which slow-burning fuze will spark to life and cause the explosion that over-rides a season. :eek:

Might be a motivational ploy by Tuna.

Henne didn't play at all his rookie year in 2008. His corps of receivers in Miami last year were at best, marginal.

However, with that same stable of receivers he threw for almost 2900 yards and completed 60% of his passes. He also didn't play the first 2 1/2 games. For essentially a 1st year starter, he wasn't that bad.

Henne is not Brady, but IMO with a decent set of receivers he can evolve into a quality top 15 NFL starting QB.

Last edited:
Like some others in this thread, I was pretty surprised to see Parcells making these kind of comments.

Given that it was only his first year as a starter, he looked like a decent quarterback last year. Decent pocket presence, decent arm strength, made reasonable decisions.

The fish have a horrible start to the season though, schedule-wise...if Henne doesn't produce early then he'll probably be benched in favour of Pennington.

@Bills, @Vikings, Jets, Patriots, Bye, @Packers, Steelers, @Bengals, @Ravens

Last edited:
Parcell's has been watching this kid develop or fail to show sufficient development throughout his third off season... He can't repeat last season, he would need to improve substantially just to equal it because teams will be ready for him this season and it's all about how you perform once the league gets a book on you - can you adjust to the adjustments. The vast majority can't, or at least not sufficiently, which is why hype aside there are generally so few elite or even sub elite QB's playing the position at any given time in this league.

patfanken said:
The interesting thing is watching Parcells start his bail out in Miami. He did his "thing" again. He took over a team after a one or 2 win season. A bad team who had had a lot of high picks in recent years. And then he provides them with a large dose of stability, and confidence due mostly to his reputation. Then most importantly he takes the credit and his leave before the wheels fall off. He did it with the Pats, Cowboys, and now the Dolphins. He doesn't build for the long term and what ever success he has is short lived. Dollar Bill spends most of his time figuring out his exit strategy. He always leaves town before the holes start to appear in his image.

:yeahthat:

I'm totally behind AndyJohnson on this. I watched a lot Henne and saw what Andy saw. Something is just not right about this kid.

BUT... he has already played better in the pros than I thought he would.

8 TDs
10 INTs
78.2 Rating

Henne is the worst QB in the AFC East. Which is saying a lot, consdiering he has the best WR in the division.

As a Michigan fan, I'm thrilled I finally get to root against Henne. The little piece of crap never - and I mean NEVER - came through when it counted for his team. Every big game, every season changing moment he came up as small as possible.

I'm glad Miami got him and I hope he leads them to years and years of mediocrity.

Screw him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore