PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: OJ Simpson dies

Circle 5 or 7?

Last edited:
I have a little different view on OJ than most do... Not going to defend what he did later on in life... There is no defense for that...

With that said, OJ is directly responsible for me starting to follow football... December of 73, my parents were having a Christmas party... I remember all the father's, as they arrived, congregating in the living room, circling the TV... I asked my dad why... And I remember him saying OJ... 2000 yards ... Never been done before... It's something I will never forget... So fwiw, i remember him more for that than anything else...

RIP Juice... Hope you find some peace for your tormented soul

2,000 rushing yards in 14 games..

rot in hell

Weirdest life trajectory descent I can think of off the top of my head.

1. Star running back at USC: national champion, NCAA leading rusher, Heisman trophy, big TD in what was at that time considered to be the greatest college football game ever (USC-UCLA).
2. #1 overall draft pick; after a couple so-so years he becomes the NFL's best RB and breaks the iconic 2,000 yard barrier - thanks in large part to a pair of 200+ yard games against the Patriots.
3. After retiring he remains a fan favorite first as "the superstar of rent-a-car' dashing through airports for Hertz commercials, then as Detective Nordberg in the Naked Gun movies.
4. After disappearing from public view, we learn the names of Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman for all the wrong reasons.
5. The ridiculous low speed chase.
6. The ridiculous criminal trial, televised for all the public to see.
7. At least the civil trial resulted in a bit of justice.
8. Why in the world would he think writing a book titled "If I did it" was a smart move?
9. The weird sports memorabilia robbery.
10. Some prison time for weapons and assault convictions.
11. Out of the public eye for the second time in his life.
12. Death.

He and I are contemporaries, remember his skills as a RB was one of the best all time..
Later he turned into a jealous lover who killed his ex wife Nicole..
Then the judicial circus started... Johnny Cochran, Kardashian, Dershowitz were the circus clowns.

Last edited:
Come on now. What’s with the vitriol? He was purchased innocent in a court of law!
Not innocent but found not guilty. Very, very different. And he was found civilly liable for the deaths of Nicole and ron Goldman. I know you were being sarcastic but with today's climate, some may take it seriously.

I have a little different view on OJ than most do... Not going to defend what he did later on in life... There is no defense for that...

With that said, OJ is directly responsible for me starting to follow football... December of 73, my parents were having a Christmas party... I remember all the father's, as they arrived, congregating in the living room, circling the TV... I asked my dad why... And I remember him saying OJ... 2000 yards ... Never been done before... It's something I will never forget... So fwiw, i remember him more for that than anything else...

RIP Juice... Hope you find some peace for your tormented soul
Really surprised by this take from you.

I hope he is unrestful in eternal hell. Football is a game. 2000 yards is ********. Losing people is not, as you and I well know.

**** him. Do NOT RIP. Suffer.

Anyway, this is not personal between you and me, PAPE.

are we allowed to be happy about this one, or are people going to throw a hissyfit?

Sometimes karma takes way too long...

are we allowed to be happy about this one, or are people going to throw a hissyfit?
I'm sure you can find people that will throw a hissy fit about anything but I highly doubt there's any significant population of people that would object. And I think most have a similar opinion.

Don’t be so quick to judge..

OJ was the guest speaker at an IBM function my brother attended.
He was asked to step down because his language was inappropriate.

AMF you POS.
To clarify, it was way before the trial. I think there were a few MF's in there.

Really surprised by this take from you.

I hope he is unrestful in eternal hell. Football is a game. 2000 yards is ********. Losing people is not, as you and I well know.

**** him. Do NOT RIP. Suffer.

Anyway, this is not personal between you and me, PAPE.
i get it... No offense taken .. can't / won't argue against anything you've said because you are 100% correct.

Last edited:

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back