PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Officials make embarrassing call in Browns-Redskins game

Status
Not open for further replies.
This league

Well, that game was officiated by Jeff Tripplette, perhaps the worst official in the league. There was also a penalty on Washington for a celebration (after a big INT) that occurred ON THE SIDELINE, away from the play (the player simulated a bow and arrow - real dangerous stuff folks).

Well, that game was officiated by Jeff Tripplette, perhaps the worst official in the league. There was also a penalty on Washington for a celebration (after a big INT) that occurred ON THE SIDELINE, away from the play (the player simulated a bow and arrow - real dangerous stuff folks).

Based on what I saw in Foxboro yesterday, Pete Morelli is giving Jeff a run for his money.

Based on what I saw in Foxboro yesterday, Pete Morelli is giving Jeff a run for his money.
Yes, it's a toss up. Sad that I actually thought during yesterday's game, "is it bad to be wishing for that dumbass Tripplette?"

this was awful, an absolute embarassement

This is my point when people incorrectly say "its fixed".

No, mistakes are made. Some are understandable, some are bad, this one is just horrific.

If this was us, everyone would be posting "See! Goodell told them to give the ball to the other team!".

I can't recall so many blown calls on fumble recoveries.

When it's your ball, you get to make the rules (and change them on the fly). Thanks Roger...

There was also a MAJOR blown call in the Titans-Texans game when the Titans were punting. The ball is snapped and at the moment the Titans' punter went to kick the ball - the whistle blew.

At nearly the exact same time, the Texans blocked the punt. They ended up returning it for a TD, although it's hard to say if the whistle played a factor in a Titans player trying to tackle the guy. Regardless, the whistle definitely didn't affect the blocked punt.

The refs thought there was 12 men on the field, but then claim that the player actually made it off the field in time and they have re-do 4th down.

Ho hum, nothing to see here. Just your typical Sunday afternoon in the NFL

How can that not get overturned by replay? :) Geez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes