PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
his departure was guaranteed before the start of the season......turning the page in situations like this aren't easy for anyone. But after 20 years, I was ready for something different......I'm sure BB and Brady were also.
Also, if your QB is 42/43 years old you have to provide him with weapons and not be cheap, like letting Amendola walk, and go all in. BB was tightwad on offense, purposely or not forcing Brady to move to a team with more talent.

Now that NE has no QB, it's curious that BB is suddenly spending like a drunken sailor. It indicates to me that he will probably take a run in getting JG or some other established QB either this year or next.

Also, if your QB is 42/43 years old you have to provide him with weapons and not be cheap, like letting Amendola walk, and go all in. BB was tightwad on offense, purposely or not forcing Brady to move to a team with more talent.

Now that NE has no QB, it's curious that BB is suddenly spending like a drunken sailor. It indicates to me that he will probably take a run in getting JG or some other established QB either this year or next.

no.....if you're QB is 42/43 years old, you need to be thinking about a new QB.......especially if the rest of your roster is turning over

BTW, that's what they tried with Brown, Gordon, etc.........they all fell flat on their faces....how many SB's did having one of the best WR's in the history of the game yield? that's what I thought

nobody is spending like a drunken sailor.....all teams are supposed to spend to a certain level.....they spent like a team that's going smashmouth, which Brady would not have liked.

LITERALLY NO ONE ANYWHERE ONE YEAR AGO TODAY THOUGHT THAT BRADY WAS GOING TO A SUPER TEAM. IN FACT THEY LAUGHED AT HIS LACK OF OFFERS FROM TEAMS. IT WAS EITHER THE BUCS OR THE CHARGERS. BRADY DIDNT ENGINEER ANYTHING.

CHRIST
Did he engineer his way out of NE?
"No tag please"
Did he shop for teams?
Three (you forgot Chicago)
Did he select an interested team with the most offensive weapons?
That's exactly why he left NE
Were Lebronesque conditions of employment negotiated?
"Must have Gronk, an upgraded tackle, a 3 down back, and AB"
Arians: Done, done, done, and will do..........and you can run the offense anyway you want Tommy

Yeah....it was dumb luck Brady bolted out of NE and stumbled down to Tampa

Some of your dumb f.ucks probably would have been one of those dumb sh.it heads railing against player efforts to abolish the reserve clause and create free agency because how dare they as the talent that drives the industry throw their weight around when they feel like it’d be better for their career.

It’s absolutely disgraceful the way some people have outright turned on Brady after everything he did for 20 years.

One thing that paying close attention to a specific non-New England sports team has given me is a more informed view of just how bad media coverage is outside of the region. Tampa Bay basically has only 3 reporters focused on covering the Bucs, and one of them (Jenna Laine) is quite possibly the worst sports reporter in the history of media.

Some of your dumb f.ucks probably would have been one of those dumb sh.it heads railing against player efforts to abolish the reserve clause and create free agency because how dare they as the talent that drives the industry throw their weight around when they feel like it’d be better for their career.

It’s absolutely disgraceful the way some people have outright turned on Brady after everything he did for 20 years.

What’s more amazing is dumbass Bb clearly forced him out but no let’s skip that part, clowns in here man

Brady sticking it to Bill here. LOL

In Tom Brady‘s 21-year NFL career, he has played 20 seasons for Bill Belichick and one for Bruce Arians. Reflecting on that one, Brady said Arians has been great to play for.

He’s a great motivator — he’s got a great feel for the team — a great pulse for what’s going on in a locker room, great intuition, great evaluation of talent,” Brady said on Good Morning America. “When you’re in one place for 20 years, you think that’s the only way, and I think when you go to a different place you realize, ‘wow — there’s another way that people do things.'”

Yep. Zing

One thing that paying close attention to a specific non-New England sports team has given me is a more informed view of just how bad media coverage is outside of the region. Tampa Bay basically has only 3 reporters focused on covering the Bucs, and one of them (Jenna Laine) is quite possibly the worst sports reporter in the history of media.

Even if all 4 major Boston sports teams suck at the same time the market is an oasis in a dessert to the poor bastards who have to cover sports in places like San Diego or Jacksonville. Only New York tops it as the dream destination.

LOL

LITERALLY NO ONE ANYWHERE ONE YEAR AGO TODAY THOUGHT THAT BRADY WAS GOING TO A SUPER TEAM. IN FACT THEY LAUGHED AT HIS LACK OF OFFERS FROM TEAMS. IT WAS EITHER THE BUCS OR THE CHARGERS. BRADY DIDNT ENGINEER ANYTHING.

CHRIST
Disagree. Maybe most, if not all, talking mediots but not literally no one.

A lot of people on this board, myself included, wanted Brady to go the Bucs if Brady didn't stay in NE.

Why?

Because the team was stacked on offense and defense. They were a QB away from having a near complete team.

Just because some idiot in a suit on TV says the Bucs is a joke of an organization doesn't mean astute football fans didn't see the talent.

Disagree. Maybe most, if not all, talking mediots but not literally no one.

A lot of people on this board, myself included, wanted Brady to go the Bucs if Brady didn't stay in NE.

Why?

Because the team was stacked on offense and defense. They were a QB away from having a near complete team.

Just because some idiot in a suit on TV says the Bucs is a joke of an organization doesn't mean astute football fans didn't see the talent.
There absolutely were people here who loved the TB choice. But, even the biggest fans of a move to Tampa Bay had questions about the Bucs defensive secondary, tight ends, WR depth, and running backs. And most of them had questions about JPP (age), Barrett (one season wonder?) and Suh (Suh gonna Suh in big games).

What happened in Tampa is that most of the questions answered themselves in just about the most positive manner possible. And, for the questions that didn't answer themselves that way, "GM Brady" solved the TE problem ("I want Gronk"), the WR depth problem ("We need AB"), and the RB problem ("Hey, Lenny, come on down!").

And nobody predicted all of that prior to the season. That's why the whole "They were just a QB away" argument is nonsense.

Electronic media coverage here in Tamper is also lame. No post game equivalent even a pathetic one to Patriots Fifth Quarter. And no consistent weekly recap & preview show like Patriots All Access, just a poorly done randomly scheduled Bucs Bonus that would shame a HS video club. Seriously.

Did he engineer his way out of NE?
"No tag please"
Did he shop for teams?
Three (you forgot Chicago)
Did he select an interested team with the most offensive weapons?
That's exactly why he left NE
Were Lebronesque conditions of employment negotiated?
"Must have Gronk, an upgraded tackle, a 3 down back, and AB"
Arians: Done, done, done, and will do..........and you can run the offense anyway you want Tommy

Yeah....it was dumb luck Brady bolted out of NE and stumbled down to Tampa
The misery this is causing some of you is laughable. I couldn't be happier for him. I'll be happiest if the Pats can bounce back.

He did nothing for me......it was entertainment......what did he do for you? Rub one out?

you wanna act like you owe him something? Have at it.....go get a bucs Brady shirt

The misery this is causing some of you is laughable. I couldn't be happier for him. I'll be happiest if the Pats can bounce back.

meh.....he’s gone, who gives a sh.t

meh.....he’s gone, who gives a sh.t
You apparently. You consistently say that you don’t give a sh.t but still, you can’t stop posting in here.

I find the way you act like you are the barometer for how all pats fan should feel, quite obnoxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back