PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why Patriots fans are holding this against Brady and Gronk. It's like they forgot that right after a Super Bowl victory, they offered 41 year old Brady a 1 year take-it-or-leave-it contract. Brady had just built a $27m house and he clearly had intentions of permanent roots in Brookline. And the next thing you know, his new house is on the market by July. The guy will be playing at the age of 45, but 5 years earlier, the Patriots didn't see fit to offer him a 2-year contract. That was the Patriots decision.

As for Gronk, they tried to trade him for peanuts. Clearly, Gronk was no longer a central part of their plans.

Why are the players to blame for lack of loyalty when the organization made these personnel decisions for them, basically?

He wants to win one away from BB. That’s more than enough motivation for anyone in his position.

He would have left years ago if that were the true motivation.

He would have left years ago if that were the true motivation.

His true motivation was to find a team that (a) supports his long-term goals to play for as long as he can, while still being up to par, (b) provides him with a roster that can contend for a championship, and (c) allows him to have some input over roster decisions on offense.

The Patriots had always provided him with (a) and (b) but didn’t/weren’t able to provide either in 2020 when he left and (c) just made it worse.

As for (c), I think people make too much of it. He doesn’t want to see the 2019/20 Patriots offense happen to him again at his age and wants to maximize the few years he has left. No matter what AB does from here on out, signing him was 1000% a good return on investment and Brady did in fact no more about the dynamics than the coach and management. But I’d hardly say that pushing hard for a high-upside guy at $1M is similar to demanding the team sign a bunch of high priced free agents. He picked a team that was well positioned to succeed and provide cornerstone offensive players.

I usually don’t respond to you however how the hell is he greedy for wanting more rings I thought we play to win the game
Timmy is angry because TB12 didn't retire a Patriot like Timmy wanted him to.

Timmy even sent Brady fan mail begging him to retire, but Brady didn't reply, upsetting Timmy even more.

Timmy is scared all the Brady merchandise he bought will drop in value when Brady starts winning as a Buccaneer.

Timmy now lives on this thread (literally) poo pooing every Brady accomplishment and acting like a jilted bride.

Timmy is a pendejo.

Timmy is scared all the Brady merchandise he bought will drop in value when Brady starts winning as a Buccaneer.

Thanks, but my Brady rookie card is now worth over 20K value...

Timmy even sent Brady fan mail begging him to retire, but Brady didn't reply, upsetting Timmy even more.

Timmy now lives on this thread (literally) poo pooing every Brady accomplishment and acting like a jilted bride.

Timmy is a pendejo.

time GIF

you’re the definition of a fool. We’re they supposed to retire cause BB forced them out use your head here man
From what I recall Brady wanted to go elsewhere and Gronk retired from the Pats, BB didn't "force" either one out. Nor did I suggest either was "supposed to retire." So, if you were gazing into the mirror while typing that first sentence I tend to agree, although I prefer taking the high road and suggest you use your head here, man.

What, exactly, are you basing the bold part on?
I can't provide any links or specific quotes at the moment. It's just my impression from interviews with those two over the past year that neither has what you'd call a "soft spot" for the Patriots or New England. Which I suppose is understandable, but just the same hard to hear as a Pats fan who lived and died with those guys for quite a few years.

I can't provide any links or specific quotes at the moment. It's just my impression from interviews with those two over the past year that neither has what you'd call a "soft spot" for the Patriots or New England. Which I suppose is understandable, but just the same hard to hear as a Pats fan who lived and died with those guys for quite a few years.
Your impression is incorrect. Brady has glowing things to say about New England and Bill when he left and Gronk vetoed a trade to stay here and play with Brady.

Take a moment to think about the fact that Toilet Bowles is still employed by this team and that should bring you back down to reality.

Agreed. And seeing green bays offense today, very tall order to take them past no and gb. If tom somehow pulls that off itll be right up there with any of his accomplishments minus 28-3.

Agreed. And seeing green bays offense today, very tall order to take them past no and gb. If tom somehow pulls that off itll be right up there with any of his accomplishments minus 28-3.

Adams is going to kill them if they play that soft zone **** again.

Your impression is incorrect. Brady has glowing things to say about New England and Bill when he left and Gronk vetoed a trade to stay here and play with Brady.

It's not incorrect. There's been after-the-fact scuttlebutt and innuendo from those two about friction with BB, disliking life in the Northeast, Gisele being pissed at BB and Kraft, etc. It's not big headline-worthy stuff but has filtered through here and there. You'd expect Brady's parting words to be glowing on the record while I'll bet you anything Gronk would've stayed retired had Brady decided to end his career in Foxboro.

Last edited:
It's not incorrect. There's been after-the-fact scuttlebutt and innuendo from those two about friction with BB, disliking life in the Northeast, Gisele being pissed at BB and Kraft, etc. It's not big headline-worthy stuff but has filtered through here and there. You'd expect Brady's parting words to be glowing on the record while I'll bet you anything Gronk would've stayed retired had Brady decided to end his career in Foxboro.
The friction has been reported third-hand. I’ll stick with what was actually said. On record. As for disliking life in the Northeast? That’s a Stretch Armstrong reach. He was talking about the weather. Anyone in their right mind would prefer the weather in Tampa/St. Pete over having to dig themselves out of a blizzard while paying an income tax for the privilege. Finally, Brady could have ended his career here. All Bill had to do was quit ****ing around with what were essentially one year deals. For the supposed “GOAT GM,” he sure seemed convinced that Brady was falling off. So Brady told him he’d sign the dotted line on the condition they didn’t franchise him. It wouldn’t have come to that had Bill gotten him under contract for 3 more years. After all, its not exactly as if Brady wasn’t crystal clear about the length of time he intended to play until. He could have easily been locked up until then. But Bill didn’t. Brady then read the terrain, that the team was short on talent, cap strapped because of one brutal draft after another, likely headed for a worse year than 2019, and decided to make a move to a team that actually had a chance to compete for a Lombardi. Turns out that Bill was wrong. Brady clearly still has it. You were among those who didn’t think so in 2019, as I recall. You were all aboard the Stidham Train. How did that work out?

But this is all nonsense and excuses. You’re really just salty that he left and you’re looking for any reason to justify that saltiness. You’re salty that he turned a team around and Bill went 7-9. You’re salty he’s in the playoffs and we aren’t. You’re salty that the “Patriot Way” is now merely looking like the “Brady Way,” and that Bill is still a sub-.500 career head coach without him. You’re not alone. You have great company in this thread.

Last edited:
Bucs are winning it all this year. It’s their year. They have the look of a team that nobody is going to beat. I’ve seen the same thing here in NE and now it’s there. Brady gets his 7th and the chirping of Bill will get louder. And he will hear it loud and clear.

And that chirping ends in 2-3 or so seasons when a rebuilt Pats win Bill his own 7th ring as HC of the NEP. :thumbsup: Works for me!

Brady— no. Gronk - maybe. I miss Brady. Gronk - not really tbh.

Brady— no. Gronk - maybe. I miss Brady. Gronk - not really tbh.
Same. Gronk is basically Jason Witten 4 years ago, but a better blocker. Good for a couple of catches when the D keys on the other guys, but mostly used in max protect situations - which he’s still elite at. His body broke down, and that was clear in 2018. Then his career as a celebrity failed hilariously.

Same. Gronk is basically Jason Witten 4 years ago, but a better blocker. Good for a couple of catches when the D keys on the other guys, but mostly used in max protect situations - which he’s still elite at. His body broke down, and that was clear in 2018. Then his career as a celebrity failed hilariously.
Yup - man was I wrong about that. I thought for sure he had a great future in Hollywood or something but we learned fast that the dude left any charisma he had with his football career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots