PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 drops.

But worthwhile to keep in mind that this was his first NFL playoff game ever.
And one of them was a TD and at least one of 3 left was a drive killer.

The fumble was costly too. They were moving the ball effortlessly against a top 3 defense in the NFL. They could have easily score 40.

One of the positive thing is that maybe this D will want to prove to everybody they can play after their performance Saturday.

Even Arians said they were terrible in his post game presser. We will see if they are a proud group or not

ErU_PYZVQAQvFJN

You follow Volin?

You follow Volin?
No but apparently somewhere along the way I followed "topics" and get random tweets from people I don't follow when Brady is mentioned.

The saints can't wait for brady to throw deep. This the game Brady wishes he had Belichick.

You think Arians and Leftweich will watch some film this week from that time Brady shredded Dennis Allen's Saints D a couple years ago?

I watched Heiniche. I could have sworn he had a very solid game. Threw a TD, ran one in, over 300 passing yrds, rushed for 46 yrds. The 1 pick knocked his rating down. Is that the only play you watched?
The purpose of the QB ratings are to take the total performance into account and give an objective number to eliminate subjective judgements on the QBs performance. You can argue how the number is derived, but all of the QB rating systems say Heinicke was below average. It has nothing to do with me. Sorry to disappoint you but I am reporting objective mathematical models that eliminate emotional reactions because emotional reacts are commonly biased.

Your reply is the poster child of why the mathematically models exist.

That was cool of Brady to say that to Young. I don't think it was an Anthony Smith thing this was just a 21 year old kid getting pumped up.

Todd Bowles is getting these coaching looks. Don’t know why. Amazing a good season and people now think you can be a head coach again. If the Bucs run defense was mediocre this would be a lousy defense. The defense hasn’t improved under his watch. Carlton Davis is more of a press corner and he has him playing 5 to 10 yards off the receiver.

You think Arians and Leftweich will watch some film this week from that time Brady shredded Dennis Allen's Saints D a couple years ago?

That's asking too much of Braindead Leftwich. He'll just blow a gasket trying to make his brain work harder.

One of the positive thing is that maybe this D will want to prove to everybody they can play after their performance Saturday.

Even Arians said they were terrible in his post game presser. We will see if they are a proud group or not

Hard to prove anything when the scheme you're stuck in is lousy, especially when it doesn't make use of your skillset, or what you are best at doing.

Hard to prove anything when the scheme you're stuck in is lousy, especially when it doesn't make use of your skillset, or what you are best at doing.
I don’t disagree but even if you take the bad scheme aside they were not good. Missed tackles all over the place, the Dline couldn’t beat their one on one until the last play

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
I don’t disagree but even if you take the bad scheme aside they were not good. Missed tackles all over the place, the Dline couldn’t beat their one on one until the last play
They were bad but Washington's Oline was fantastic. For all the talk about their Dline, their Oline stole the show.

The purpose of the QB ratings are to take the total performance into account and give an objective number to eliminate subjective judgements on the QBs performance. You can argue how the number is derived, but all of the QB rating systems say Heinicke was below average. It has nothing to do with me. Sorry to disappoint you but I am reporting objective mathematical models that eliminate emotional reactions because emotional reacts are commonly biased.

Your reply is the poster child of why the mathematically models exist.
Poster child? Dont be a child poster. Pretty much every analyst has praised Heiniche's performance. So much of what a player does can be missing when raw stats are looked at. I'm sorry but your cold, hard stats goal posts simply do not fit. They are a guide to give you a idea but they dont usually tell the whole story. Godwin dropped 4 very catchable balls. One was a TD. Brate dropped a touchdown. Brady winds up with 2 TDs instead of 4. His completion percentage drops several points. His mathematical model has skewed. Then you can have a quarterback that misses his receivers by a mile. Misses wide open people in the end zone. Your model treats a drop the same as missing a score by a mile. You need both stats and eyes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes