PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless, watching a kid like Heinickie (relatively unknown) play well on a large stage tells you that the “right” QB for the Patriots doesn’t have to be a top pick.
Someone is out there...we just have to find him.
Oh wait...we did find him for one month on our practice squad in 2017. Who know how well he’d have developed under Brady for a few years.

Regardless, watching a kid like Heinickie (relatively unknown) play well on a large stage tells you that the “right” QB for the Patriots doesn’t have to be a top pick.
Someone is out there...we just have to find him.
Oh wait...we did find him for one month on our practice squad in 2017. Who know how well he’d have developed under Brady for a few years.

I think he did develop with Brady. He said his first day he went in at 5:15am and saw Brady already watching film.

one thing to keep in mind. I keep hearing that New Orleans beating the Bucs twice shouldn't be used to say they will beat them next week.

The same should be said about the Bucs beating Green Bay. Bucs could beat all of these teams, or lose to any of them.

All I know is there is going to be some good QB play the next couple weeks

Brady kicked one of the NFL's top defenses

I did a little research on Washington and honestly they were a top defense because of who they played not because they were good.

Before last night they had 5 games allowing 30 or more points, those teams were Cleveland (34 pts), Ravens (31 pts), Cardinals (30 pts), Rams (30 pts), Lions (30 pts) and last night made it 6. 6 out of 17, basically 1/3 of their games they allowed 30 more points.

Their only good game against a good offense was the Seahawks and the Seahawks offense wasn't even good in the 2nd half of the season. It's why they were one and done. They were so average the 2nd half of the season that they finished 17th in offense. To put that in perspective
Sehawks scored 169 points (40 of those came against the jest) over the 2nd half of the season, Pats scored 160 in the 2nd half of the season.

The rest of WFT's opponents were
Eagles x2 24th ranked offense
Giants x2 30th ranked offense
Cowboys x2 14th ranked offense
Steelers 24th ranked offense
49ers 15th ranked offense
Bengals 29th ranked offense
Panthers 21st ranked offense

Basically the Bucs did what they should have. The issue with this game was that defense letting Washington stay in it. Only defenses that allowed more than 23 points to that offense were the Cowboys 2x, Eagles and Lions. So Bucs were close to that threshold. Washington is the 30th ranked offense. So that's gotta be a cause for a concern. Not sure if it was having only 20 snaps of film of Heinicke in that offense or what. With the Rams or Saints up next if you're a Bucs fan that's gotta be a tad concerning especially since it is following a trend that the Bucs defense hasn't really been that good.In 8 out of their last 10 games they've allowed 23 or more points, the 2 times they didn't was against the Lions (with No Stafford and pretty much no coaching staff) and Vikings

Last edited:
I did a little research on Washington and honestly they were a top defense because of who they played not because they were good.

Before last night they had 5 games allowing 30 or more points, those teams were Cleveland (34 pts), Ravens (31 pts), Cardinals (30 pts), Rams (30 pts), Lions (30 pts) and last night made it 6. 6 out of 17, basically 1/3 of their games they allowed 30 more points.

Their only good game against a good offense was the Seahawks and the Seahawks offense wasn't even good in the 2nd half of the season. It's why they were one and done. They were so average the 2nd half of the season that they finished 17th in offense. To put that in perspective
Sehawks scored 169 points (40 of those came against the jest) over the 2nd half of the season, Pats scored 160 in the 2nd half of the season.

Well, I guess the simple truth is Brady sucks....

Basically the Bucs did what they should have. The issue with this game was that defense letting Washington stay in it. Only defenses that allowed more than 23 points to that offense were the Cowboys 2x, Eagles and Lions. So Bucs were close to that threshold. Washington is the 30th ranked offense. So that's gotta be a cause for a concern. Not sure if it was having only 20 snaps of film of Heinicke in that offense or what. With the Rams or Saints up next if you're a Bucs fan that's gotta be a tad concerning especially since it is following a trend that the Bucs defense hasn't really been that good.In 8 out of their last 10 games they've allowed 23 or more points, the 2 times they didn't was against the Lions (with No Stafford and pretty much no coaching staff) and Vikings
Nothing that happened in the regular season matters anymore. These are the playoffs. Sit back, watch, and enjoy.

Cheers.

What a difference an elite QB makes. Tampa D played pretty bad. Tons of drop mostly by Godwin no less. The backup guard allowing 2 sacks on Brady. The offensive play calling was bad at times.

Tampa would have lost with an average QB such as JG. I know there are lots of Pats fans all hot for JG, but he played bad in the playoffs last year and gift wrapped last years SB for the Chiefs. If the Pats get JG back, they would lose games like this.

You can win big games with Belichick + an above average QB like JG.

I firmly believe that.

it’s rough. that backup is not good. the offense struggled big time when they were missing a starting guard this season (1-3) i know it was Marpet before but Cappa is still a huge loss he didn’t allow a sack all season

Ted Larsen--Patriots draft pick. Heinecke also a Patriots PS squad member. Football is funny.

one thing to keep in mind. I keep hearing that New Orleans beating the Bucs twice shouldn't be used to say they will beat them next week.

The same should be said about the Bucs beating Green Bay. Bucs could beat all of these teams, or lose to any of them.

All I know is there is going to be some good QB play the next couple weeks

Recall the year we dominated the Jets 2x and then got horsewhipped. 2010? It was ugly. Anything can happen--just have to hope that Alvin Kamara makes a few jokes about Arians' private life with his wife.

Brady's last 6 games:

2,059 yards
17 TDs
3 INTs
116.9 rating

TimmyBrady12 and JMC00 after the game last night

View attachment 29753
This is actually more like it...

6fa2e1933ab46ac9133d6d9025d4d77d.jpg

Recall the year we dominated the Jets 2x and then got horsewhipped. 2010?

Nope. Went 14-3 that year and 2 loses were to the jest, so technically they whipped the Pats

Lost 28-14
Won 45-3
Lost 28-21

SB not counting that IMO was by far the worst loss in the playoffs in the Belichick/Brady era.

#1 Seed/home field throughout
Brady UNANIMOUS MVP
Best scoring offense in the league
SB favorite at that point
Aaron Rodgers would still not have a Super Bowl because Pats would have killed the Steelers in the AFC title game and went to the SB.
Yet one and done against f**king rex ryan and mark sanchez who they had just murdered 45-3 in Foxboro a month before that.

Welker just had to open his mouth.

Last edited:
Nope. Went 14-3 that year and 2 loses were to the jest, so technically they whipped the Pats

Lost 28-14
Won 45-3
Lost 28-21

SB not counting that IMO was by the far the worst loss in the playoffs in the Belichick/Brady era.

#1 Seed/home field throughout
Brady UNANIMOUS MVP
Best scoring offense in the league
SB favorite at that point
Aaron Rodgers would still not have a Super Bowl because Pats would have killed the Steelers in the AFC title game and went to the SB.
Yet one and done against f**king rex ryan and mark sanchez who they had just murdered 45-3 in Foxboro a month before that.

Welker just had to open his mouth.
That loss really pissed me off. Rex saying Brady was nothing compared to Peyton, guys like Cromartie taunting Brady and after the game Bart Scott mocking the Pats in that “Can’t wait” post game interview and the Jets doing the arm thing in our own stadium.

Todd Bow
That loss really pissed me off. Rex saying Brady was nothing compared to Peyton, guys like Cromartie taunting Brady and after the game Bart Scott mocking the Pats in that “Can’t wait” post game interview and the Jets doing the arm thing in our own stadium.

Karma for $600 Alex...

The answer: The last time this obnoxious, ****y franchise won a playoff game was the 2010 season, a span of ten laughable years.

• Winner
Reactions: sb1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back