PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that settles it. Tony Romo says the Bucs are going to be in the Super Bowl vs Kansas City...so there's that. :rolleyes:

They have as good a chance as any top team in the NFC to get there imo.

Even with the last few down games. I'd still rate him in the top 10. If TB can win at least 3 and look good against easier opponents he'll be considered top 5 like he was during the middle of the season.
People also conveniently forget the go route that he dropped into the bucket for Evans at the beginning of the game. If Evans doesn’t drop that and scores, Bucs win the game. Instead, Evans dropped it. That play was the difference in a game that got very tight in the second half. They wouldn’t have even been in that game had it not been for Brady.

That’s the case for every quarterback in the NFL. This isn’t a statistical anomaly that’s unique to Brady. All quarterbacks have better statistical performances against weaker opponents and defenses. All quarterbacks struggle to put up the same stats against stronger opponents and defenses. You have to weigh the season as a whole and add context to it. Taking out performances to try to make a point and skew said statistics just means you have a weak point in the first place.

“Elite” is not what you LOL’d at. By changing the topic to elite, you’re moving the goalposts. You LOL’d that he’s still playing at a high level... and he is. If that’s not a high level for you, you must consider our quarterback situation complete and utter trash, maybe worthy of a team playing in a wishbone offense in 1968

Looking forward to it.

You're the one who cited his stats. I merely pointed out that those stats are deceiving because at least 18 TDs were against bad opponents. In other words, his stats by themselves don't prove he's playing at a high level.

Your definition of high level and mine are different. High level to me means elite (top 5-caliber). He's a top 10 QB, but that's about it. In fact there are at least 13 other starting QBs who have a higher QB rating (a stat which you cited).

Brady had less to work with last season and yet you just faulted him for his performance against playoff caliber opponents in 2019 while you’re excusing Cam for piss poor play. Not that I don’t agree he doesn’t have much to work with, but if you’re going to excuse away Cam’s performance with **** weapons then it’s logically inconsistent to fault Brady for his performance against playoff caliber opponents last season. That just smacks of bias.

Because Cam sucks...coaching has made him into a 5-6 QB instead of 3-8. On the other hand, Brady was the guy who made everyone around him better. That's what made him elite. He's no longer that type of QB.

Look at what Cam has to work with and compare that to Brady. Brady should be 9-3 at worst right now with the talent he has around him. On the other hand, Cam should probably be 3-8.
Brady has coaches that don't even belong in the same field as Cam's coaches.

Even after all these years, what NE is doing with the lack of talent they have (ie Cam)is extraordinarily. The coaches play the game to the best of their player's talents.

For Tampa, as Romo said, they(coaches) make things harder than they should.

Last edited:
I agree but Brady had just delivered the 6th ring and we had literally no one at the QB spot to take over him. Just simple smart business means you offer Brady a 2 year deal at $25 mil/year. All those reports saying Brady wanted 30 mil plus a year turned out to be wrong. He is making less than Jimmy G. It really is baffling why the Pats moved on with no succession plan at all.

Not offering brady a 2 year deal in 2019 was a mistake, BUT I still think he left after 2019 because he was not happy with the receivers.

It's clear his contract was not the only reason he left. It wasn't until the offense struggled when brady became grumpy and miserable. And then the whole "football is fun again" in the summer when he had all his weapons.

Even if bill offers brady the tampa contract beginning of 2020 I don't think he takes it

Even if bill offers brady the tampa contract beginning of 2020 I don't think he takes it
But Bb should have offered the 2 year contract in 2019 and TB12 would have taken it because that is what he was fighting for. So this would have been year 2 and every year after would have been year to year until he retired a Patriot either in 2021 or 2022. By that time, BB mancrush in JG would be available. And it would have been a seamless transition for the dynasty.

The Bucs are still missing that true 3rd down back (white, Faulk). If they had that player we’d be seeing a higher rate of moving the chains on those 3rd and shorts/mediums.
Leftwich will likely call run up the middle plays for those backs. Its not the arians offense else they wouldve had players around like that.

this is total blameshift mode from arians. He is saying he is himself just useless, its all brady. silver has long had a beef with pats and brady. He works with certain coaches closely and defends them,

Whoever wrote that Romo article is twisting his words. He called it a "slight guess" of his based on seeing Tampa's offense evolve during the game.

this is total blameshift mode from arians. He is saying he is himself just useless, its all brady. silver has long had a beef with pats and brady. He works with certain coaches closely and defends them,
Does Silver have a beef with Brady? I thought he was pro Brady and his beef was with Belichick.

Last edited:
Does Silver have a beef with Brady? I thought it was pro Brady and his beef was with Belichick.
Silver was very anti-Brady during the Deflategate nonsense.

No way Brady calls all those RB dives on first down and only 5 play action plays.

And if my Aunt had balls she’d be my Uncle. You are what you are.

I'm just using the same logic that is being used in here to shield Brady. "Arians and the coaching staff is ****", "Brady needs time, they had no off-season", "The OL is not good", "They don't have a legitimate pass catching RB"

Maybe. Maybe not. But what Romo was pointing out was some very basic stuff that anyone who has posted on this forum for years should understand by now. A great example was Evans being the hot route and failing to recognize the blitz and turn around accordingly. That led to an INT.
Evans never struck me as too bright which seems to be why a lot of his targets are jump balls in the red zone. The one I don't understand is Scotty Miller. Isn't he a slot receiver? Why the hell is he running 2-3 fly routes every game? They just have this little guy streaking down the sideline every time he is out there. Arians and Leftwich are complete dimwits.

Belichick is 3 "Newton making a better decision at the end of the game" away from having a better record than Brady with WeApOnZ

-Newton cuts to the outside against the Seahawks, win

-Newton tucks the ball in his left arm against the Bills, win

-Newton sees a wide open Byrd against the Broncos, win

That's 8-3 if Belichick could somehow mind control Cam into making better decisions in certain moments.

and also possibly another win if Newton didn't get COVID before the KC game
I love this "if we did X we would have won" nonsense. If Drew doesn't get hit Brady doesn't play. If Brady's arm moved differently by an inch there would have been no tuck rule. If Freeman doesn't whiff on a block Hightower doesn't crush Ryan for a strip sack. These go both ways and they are just flat out stupid.

You're the one who cited his stats. I merely pointed out that those stats are deceiving because at least 18 TDs were against bad opponents. In other words, his stats by themselves don't prove he's playing at a high level.

Your definition of high level and mine are different. High level to me means elite (top 5-caliber). He's a top 10 QB, but that's about it. In fact there are at least 13 other starting QBs who have a higher QB rating (a stat which you cited).
high-lev·el
/ˈhī ˈˌlevəl/

adjective
  1. at or of a level above that which is normal or average.

If he’s top 10 (your words) out of 32 teams, he is playing at a level above the average. Therefore, by definition, he is playing at a high level. Your definition or my definition doesn’t mean a damned thing. Above is THE definition. Further, to make this more productive, name the 10 QBs you’re ranking above Brady.

Because Cam sucks...coaching has made him into a 5-6 QB instead of 3-8. On the other hand, Brady was the guy who made everyone around him better. That's what made him elite. He's no longer that type of QB.

Mike Evans is on pace to surpass his single season highs in both yardage and touchdowns. Godwin missed 4 games due to injury and has still been featured in games in which he’s played. Jones is enjoying a career year. Brady seems to be making the key personnel around him better.

This guy is ridiculous. So if they play well every week now and win the super bowl will BA absolve himself of any credit? Of course not. He is an egomaniac who points fingers. Brady isn’t a “no risk it no biscuit” guy. He is a short timing route passer so why does Arians seemingly need to take a shot every few plays? Why does he take AB off the field so much when he is far and away the best receiver out there or at worst most comfortable with Brady? Why does he seem dead set on giving so many snaps to Fournette when he really isn’t that good? Why the hell does Scotty Miller pretty much only run fly routes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes