PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucs' OL is terrible in the run game so it's tough to gauge how good Ronald Jones is. He breaks one or two big runs per game that shoots up his YPC but otherwise I find him to be pretty underwhelming and average.

He seems fine as a running back but sucks as a receiver. Putting him in as their receiving back is a big reason they‘ve looked completely punchless a few games despite those receivers. Teams can get aggressive and attack the edges because worst case scenario is Jones slips by them and gets a 3 yard catch...if he actually holds on and doesn’t fumble. He is decent behind blockers and sucks in the open field. Arians and Leftwich are too dumb to realize they need a quicker RB.

I need to see more consistency from this team before I consider them a contender. Now is the time for that.

Of course, they're hardly the only NFC team which can be darn inconsistent. Looks like the Conference will go to whichever team gets hot in January, and I can legit see 5 potential contenders.

Bucs' OL is terrible in the run game so it's tough to gauge how good Ronald Jones is. He breaks one or two big runs per game that shoots up his YPC but otherwise I find him to be pretty underwhelming and average.

Are you aware Marpet is out? He's to them what Thuney is to us.

The more I see Brady making great plays this season that were very few and very far between last season and the more I see how Meyers is more than an adequate NFL receiver I lose more and more respect for Tom Brady. He quit on the Patriots last season. He quit on the fans.
Maybe the dumbest post I’ve seen on this site.

WOW, Brady had a great day. He usually does have a good game after a schitter.
Way to go TB, not Tom Brady, Tampa Bay instead. Can Tampa overcome the Saints?

If Brees is out for an extended period of time, the Bucs may be able to catch up. Luckily for NO, they have the Falcons X 2, Broncos, and Eagles coming up...

I would say the Saints have one really tough game left vs KC, and the Bucs have KC and LAR as their only tough match ups.

I need to see more consistency from this team before I consider them a contender. Now is the time for that.

Of course, they're hardly the only NFC team which can be darn inconsistent. Looks like the Conference will go to whichever team gets hot in January, and I can legit see 5 potential contenders.

Here’s why I think they’re not consistent...

It’s true that most games are won in the trenches, but they might be the most extreme version of this I can recall.

On offense, due to their moronic coaches, if teams can win 1-on-1s against their tackles, they cannot move the ball and are dead in the water. They make no adjustments, have very few hot routes, and use a slow moving running back as their receiving back. Their plays take a long time to develop and they don’t shift their personnel to account for weaknesses that come up during the game. Khalil Mack and Cam Jordan rendered them completely useless.

On defense, the boom-or-bust is also due to the trenches. If they can dominate up front with that front 7, and in particular if they can overpower in the run game, they’ll dominate. If they can’t break through, their secondary is incredibly vulnerable and will get destroyed. Add in some questionable zone choices, particularly against the Saints (who have maybe the best offensive line in the league) and they can easily look like a bottom feeder.

Boom or Bust. It’s the Arians way. And against better teams, bet on the bust.

I'll buy the Bucs if they can beat another good team like KC. Most of their wins are them beating up on losing teams.

Now they need to put this kind of game against good defense.

if not for the D playing bad in the first half. That would have been a blow out even more. They could of hand a 50 burger.
The Bucs haven't put together a single total game this season. Their secondary is weak. Their O is still trying to gel.

The Bucs haven't put together a single total game this season. Their secondary is weak. Their O is still trying to gel.
That’s the thing - their secondary isn’t weak at all. It’s actually pretty damn strong. But you have a DC having them play off zone when their personnel begs for press man so it looks weak. I’m sure Bill watches their games and asks out loud “what the hell are you doing, Bowles?” FFS, they had their corners playing 10 yards off the Saints’ WRs when Brees is absolutely no threat to throw deep anymore. They pretty much gave him what he wanted.

I thought the NFC looked pretty wide open a couple weeks ago. Looks more and more open by the week.

Good start! Very solid D on the first series. That PF is big too, gotta convert and get an early lead

Until I see the Saints not choke in the playoffs, I’m not taking them seriously in the NFC. I have my personal favorite football team, the greatest football team to ever grace God’s green Earth, the crème de la crème of the NFL... YOUR Tampa Bay Buccaneers, winning the NFC.
choking discounts 2 of the worse calls in NFL history made in a playoff that the saints were forced to overcome 2 years in a row. T
Even today #10 Quan of the saints was knocked out on cold with a personal foul made by SF, head to head, helmet, as clear as day, and was not called for a personal foul. NFL has it out for saints and SP just like BB and pats

Meyers was wide open. Should have been a TD

HUGE pickup!! Myers!

NOT calling a foul helps us there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft