PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AB didn't have any issues while he was here. Kraft had issues with the sudden negative press because he was in the midst of a lawsuit. The mediots played Kraft like a Stradivarius.
Wrong, patriots were ready to roll with brown despite the lawsuit

It was threatening the woman who he stiffed while he was with the patriots that was the last straw.

Alot of people here still have alot of faith in this guy for some reason. He shot himself off of 3 teams. Chances are he will again

I don't remember him being a problem at all while he was here. His biggest crime was an angry tweet about Kraft after he was dumped for PR. He does appear to be volatile though, even by NYFL standards. If he does stay in line watch out. The Bucs will be deadly.

oh yes. They are deadly now but it’s going to look like an all star team if AB can keep his head right

oh yes. They are deadly now but it’s going to look like an all star team if AB can keep his head right

He has no other choice. The details of the contract he signed just came out and it is pretty clever. It's all backended, so the more AB keeps his **** together, the more money he makes, all the way up to the Superbowl. If he flips out sooner than later, he just gets the guaranteed vet min.

Bill has so many grudges it is hard to keep track but it has cost is with trades and with the league.
Don't know about that one...He's even dealt with the Jete recently...I do wish he had called other teams before giving Grop to SF though...

Cleveland never made an offer for garoppolo. Thats a fact. " Would've" " couldve" doesnt mean squat. NE was already working on the niners deal when browns called. No offer was ever made.
Maybe if they had called a few days earlier it would be different. Who knows?
But the fact is, san fran eas the only team that made an offer. Everything else is speculation. Ill take Mike Reiss' word over any of these clowns.
Reiss shed a little more light this morning on the timing of the JG trade.
He said it is his opinion( and one thing we all like about Mike is that if its his opinion,as opposed to proven fact, he always says so, unlike so many mefia clowns. That being said, his opinions on the Pats are more informed than anyone elses outside the org. And he rarely offers them. So I believe they carry some weight), that BB had not traded JG in 2016, when NE had big leverage, because BB thought he could sign JG to a " bridge contract" and keep him for maybe another couple years sitting behind Brady. As time went by, BB realized JG wasnt interested.
BB had previously stated that he held onto JG to "protect the franchise at the most important position", (BB's words)since Brady was 40.
Thats obviously still true, but BBs belief that he could also sign JG AND keep Brady for a few more years makes his decision all the more understandable.
Reiss also lists all the players the Pats got in return, since he kept flipping draft picks. 2 notables are Damian Harris, who looks promising and Joejuan Williams,who is a solid young contributor
whos only gonna get better. They also got Stidham and Cajuste, among others who are still on the team. So, not bad.

• Interesting
Reactions: sb1
Cleveland never made an offer for garoppolo. Thats a fact. " Would've" " couldve" doesnt mean squat. NE was already working on the niners deal when browns called. No offer was ever made.
Maybe if they had called a few days earlier it would be different. Who knows?
But the fact is, san fran eas the only team that made an offer. Everything else is speculation. Ill take Mike Reiss' word over any of these clowns.
This is almost all false. You’re just making stuff up

“After spending the entire offseason insisting that they weren't going to trade Garoppolo, not only did the Patriots get rid of him, but they gave the 49ers a bargain of a deal. All San Francisco had to do to land Jimmy GQ was send a second-round pick to New England.
The reason that's a steal is because the Patriots definitely could have gotten more in return for their former backup quarterback. A lot more.
According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Browns were ready to offer a first-round pick to the Patriots and even contacted them about making a deal for Garoppolo just days before the trade deadline. Apparently, the Browns made the call on Oct. 28, which was just two days before the Patriots shipped Garoppolo off to San Francisco.
To land Garoppolo, the Browns were ready to offer the first-round pick they received from Houston as part of the Deshaun Watson trade during the 2017 NFL Draft. If the Patriots had taken that deal, the Browns would have Garoppolo and the New England would be holding the fourth overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

Greg Bedard reported today that Belichick wanted to replace Brady with Garoppolo either after the 2017 season or trade Brady to the 49ers rather than Garoppolo. And, Kraft stepped in and stopped it forcing the Garoppolo trade.

Wrong, patriots were ready to roll with brown despite the lawsuit

It was threatening the woman who he stiffed while he was with the patriots that was the last straw.

Alot of people here still have alot of faith in this guy for some reason. He shot himself off of 3 teams. Chances are he will again

You're absolutely right. It was near impossible to defend threats against her children by AB's security team. I can't even believe that happened at all.

Greg Bedard reported today that Belichick wanted to replace Brady with Garoppolo either after the 2017 season or trade Brady to the 49ers rather than Garoppolo. And, Kraft stepped in and stopped it forcing the Garoppolo trade.

S0 this goes directly against what the 49ers said. They said they called about Brady and were laughed at by Belichick, who then offered them Garoppolo. I just can't imagine why the 49ers coach would lie about this. Why?

“After spending the entire offseason insisting that they weren't going to trade Garoppolo, not only did the Patriots get rid of him, but they gave the 49ers a bargain of a deal. All San Francisco had to do to land Jimmy GQ was send a second-round pick to New England.
The reason that's a steal is because the Patriots definitely could have gotten more in return for their former backup quarterback. A lot more.
According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Browns were ready to offer a first-round pick to the Patriots and even contacted them about making a deal for Garoppolo just days before the trade deadline. Apparently, the Browns made the call on Oct. 28, which was just two days before the Patriots shipped Garoppolo off to San Francisco.
To land Garoppolo, the Browns were ready to offer the first-round pick they received from Houston as part of the Deshaun Watson trade during the 2017 NFL Draft. If the Patriots had taken that deal, the Browns would have Garoppolo and the New England would be holding the fourth overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.
Yes, because our coach would much prefer a 2nd round to a high first rounder. Makes sense!

That was the one and only source which was reporting that. Nobody else did. I have my doubts this is anything more than speculation.

There is zero chance Belichick would turn down a 1st round pick for Garoppolo who at that time had less than one half of meaningful NFL experience.

I would not give up the 2018 championship to have JG as the starting QB right now. Since he's left he has been often injured and barely above league average and has been doing that with way more offensive talent than the Pats currently have. If he was setting the league on fire the argument would be a lot more interesting.

S0 this goes directly against what the 49ers said. They said they called about Brady and were laughed at by Belichick, who then offered them Garoppolo. I just can't imagine why the 49ers coach would lie about this. Why?

"They" being John Lynch himself who said that, and he would never lie about something like that because of his respect for BB.

Bedard, on the other hand...

I don’t know if we can post screen shots from Reddit but....

F2CC786C-12FD-4B38-9957-8CF12FBD0EF7.jpeg

Bedard has very little credibility. Ill take Reiss word over his any time

Dude, I dont make stuff up. Youre calling me a liar? Go ahead, point out ONE thing I posted that was false. You cant.
Answer me this question: did cleveland make BB an offer? You and I both know the answer.
Mike Reiss is the most trusted person in the media regarding the Patriots. He doesnt deal in rumors ir hot takes. He doesn't give a crap about being the 1st to break news. He cares about getting it right. He has been a Patriots beat writer since the 90's and has built up rock solid relationships with the team and fans by doing it the right way. Everything I posted
came straight from him. He has a lot more credibility than that guy named Pluto, or you,lol.
If youre gonna come to rhe best nfl forum in the country and call credible people liars, you better be able to back it up.
And son, dont look like your momma taught you manners.

Anyone got a link to the streaming version of this game? Asking for a friend.. you know..

Anyone got a link to the streaming version of this game? Asking for a friend.. you know..
Google " buffstreams nfl'. Thers a list of streamers. Buffstreams is listed 1st but I usually go with the 2nd one, topstreamers. They dont buffer much. Get padtcthe 1st set of ads and you wont have to again.

Reactions: PP2
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore