PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Godwin whom I consider the better WR of them all

I'm not sure which receiver is better but that's a very talented trio. Once or if they all get on the same page they'll be tough to beat.

Tom Brady’s impact on the Bucs goes beyond stats. It’s starting to impact the teams overall attention to details.

Historically, the Bucs are a heavily penalized team. Against the Packers, Brady & the Bucs looked very much like the old Patriots teams. How so? They were not penalized once all game.

No turnovers, no penalties. You are going to win nearly every single time you manage that.

From 2016-2019, Brady attempted 2,400 passes and threw just 30 INT’s to 116 TD’s. Meanwhile in 2020, the Patriots have attempted just 155 passes and managed just 3 TD’s to 7 INT’s. This is where the value of Brady really becomes clear

Tom Brady’s impact on the Bucs goes beyond stats. It’s starting to impact the teams overall attention to details.

Historically, the Bucs are a heavily penalized team. Against the Packers, Brady & the Bucs looked very much like the old Patriots teams. How so? They were not penalized once all game.

No turnovers, no penalties. You are going to win nearly every single time you manage that.

From 2016-2019, Brady attempted 2,400 passes and threw just 30 INT’s to 116 TD’s. Meanwhile in 2020, the Patriots have attempted just 155 passes and managed just 3 TD’s to 7 INT’s. This is where the value of Brady really becomes clear

Every time Brady starts a game I feel like he's going to win it somehow. He's going to push the Bucs as far as he can get them. It's definitely going to be fun to watch.

I feel similarly about BB. The Pats will be the best prepared team on game day provided they were able to practice. We'll see what happens on Sunday. I expect a win.

If you are in the NE area and don"t have Sunday Ticket or a stream link you aren't getting the game

View attachment 29046
Anyone with an Android phone can simply get GPS Simulator. I've been using that for years to watch games. Works like a charm. My phone thinks it's where I choose to be. I just use CBS app or Fox app to watch the games I want after setting the GPS position to the Boston area.

Of course, you'll need some kind of subscription. We use Spectrum's 10 channel ala-carte for $20 a month. Honestly, I don't even watch all the 10 channels. I have BeIn because I wanted to catch some Messi games but I haven't even gone to that channel in a year.

Last edited:
If I'm the Bucs OC at this point, I ditch Ronald Jones, stick LeSean McCoy back there or go to 4 WRs-1TE, or 3 WRS-2 TE.

I just throw all the time. 9 times for every 1 running play.

Evans - ABrown - Godwin - Miller - Gronk - Brate - Watson - Tyler Johnson

4 of these need to be on the field at all times, and most of the time 5 of these.

Let McCoy pick up blockers or eke out as a safety valve when Brady needs him.

Every time Brady starts a game I feel like he's going to win it somehow. He's going to push the Bucs as far as he can get them. It's definitely going to be fun to watch.

I feel similarly about BB. The Pats will be the best prepared team on game day provided they were able to practice. We'll see what happens on Sunday. I expect a win.
Belichick is still the best coach in football by a wide margin. Even the best gave flaws. In Belichick’s case, it was pride.

Pride dismantled what had been a wonderful QB-HC relationship between 2001-2014. It was evident in 2018 that Brady needed some proven weapons of the NE dominance was to continue. None were signed. Year after year, Brady would average 30 ppg with average personnel. But at 43, Brady made a business decision and went to a place where he would have incredible weapons at his disposal. The results are clear: an undisciplined TB team have turned into SB favorites while the Patriots are under .500 for just the 2nd time since Drew Bledsoe was the starting QB

Such a shame. Brady would have stayed if Belichick brought in some firepower. Pride is a mother trucker

If I'm the Bucs OC at this point, I ditch Ronald Jones, stick LeSean McCoy back there or go to 4 WRs-1TE, or 3 WRS-2 TE.

4 of these need to be on the field at all times, and most of the time 5 of these.

Ronald Jones is a stud. Still have to be balanced to be a great offense

I don't like him that much. He doesn't really break anything.

What I like about Brady going exclusively to throwing is he knows how to spread a defense out, and it only takes him 2 seconds to see which WR is beating his guy.

Belichick is still the best coach in football by a wide margin. Even the best gave flaws. In Belichick’s case, it was pride.

Pride dismantled what had been a wonderful QB-HC relationship between 2001-2014. It was evident in 2018 that Brady needed some proven weapons of the NE dominance was to continue. None were signed. Year after year, Brady would average 30 ppg with average personnel. But at 43, Brady made a business decision and went to a place where he would have incredible weapons at his disposal. The results are clear: an undisciplined TB team have turned into SB favorites while the Patriots are under .500 for just the 2nd time since Drew Bledsoe was the starting QB

Such a shame. Brady would have stayed if Belichick brought in some firepower. Pride is a mother trucker

That's one narrative and it maybe true but I believe that BB made a salary cap decision and that , like a broken marriage, decided to divorce TB. Personally I have no problems with that and think that in the end it was the best for both parties.

Balance is fine, but Jones lacks versatility and it’s obvious they’re running when he’s in there. They should reduce his snaps and mix it up on the early downs with a RB who can catch passes or block better. With an offense like that, running a lot is fine, but throwing away options and versatility to line up in obvious run formations makes no sense.

It'll be interesting to see how well they click together the Bucs for more than just a game. If they're great, then I can't help but wonder what could-have-been last year. Easily could've finished #1 seed and made it to the SB against Shannahan/Garoppolo.

Vegas has a huge liability on the Bucs, as bettors were hitting their Super Bowl and over/under odds all offseason. I never bet but was really tempted to open an account to take Tampa over 9.5, considering they would have won 10+ games last year if they’d had an average QB.

So many ways this could blow up.

Yeah there is no way I do that. Jones basically was there offense in the Packers game and kept the defense fresh. He’s a young feature back. Shady isn’t that great anymore. You want someone who can just control a game and establish the run when you need to. Way too invaluable

McCoy isn't that good any more. I'd rank him their 4th RB behind Jones, Fournette and Vaughn (who seems like he can catch and run explosively). .

Even with the AB signing, the Bucs true strength is still their defense. Imagine if the offense clicks

Belichick always has his economist hat on. He runs his team like an economist.

But when it comes to Brady and apparently Gronk, BB seems to make it personal. Just this week he went out of his way to say Kittles is better than anyone he has coached or coached against. Or downplaying Brady’s toughness in 2018 AFCCG when he said “look, Tom did a great job and he's a tough guy. We all know that, all right? But we're not talking about open-heart surgery here."

Belichick always has his economist hat on. He runs his team like an economist.

But when it comes to Brady and apparently Gronk, BB seems to make it personal. Just this week he went out of his way to say Kittles is better than anyone he has coached or coached against. Or downplaying Brady’s toughness in 2018 AFCCG when he said “look, Tom did a great job and he's a tough guy. We all know that, all right? But we're not talking about open-heart surgery here."
People are reading way too much into that. Belichick talks up every opponent like they’re the greatest. That wasn’t a shot against Gronk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes