PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB and Brady are both responsible for the last twenty years.
Given the style and structure of the passing offense BB created and deployed during the vast majority of Brady’s tenure in NE, I give less credit to the QB who threw the scripted 2 yard pass and more credit to the pass catching RB or slot receiver who navigated through extreme congestion and turned a 2 yd pass into 8 yd gain or a 3rd an 18 into a 1st down.

What interests me most now is watching Tompa Brady operate in an offense that wasn’t crafted around his perceived strengths.
The sideline pick 6 pass last week was a perfect example of a pattern BB likely purposely steered clear of because the risk / reward ratio of completing a 25 yard diagonal pass to net 10 yards vs a vertical 10 yd pass pass between the hash marks that nets 10 yds.

IMO, Arians is foolish relying on Brady to be a mistake free down field passer. He should ask himself why Belichick deemphasized WR in NE over the past few years and instead surrounded Brady with a fleet of pass catching RBs.

Fournette is the right kind of pass catching toy for 43 yr old Tompa, but will Arians utilize him to fit his QB’s strength?

Last edited:
I've actually lost total respect for some posters on this board for sounding exactly like the dunce fans of our opponents over the last 20 years.

All the pro-Brady fans should have fun this week...considering the Panthers D was rated #32 coming into this season.

I'm a fan of the New England Patriots. Not Tom Brady (especially after he showed his true, whiny colors last year). Once a player leaves he's dead to me. There's no conflict at all between cheering for NE and wanting to see non-NE teams lose.

In any case, it's certainly better than the so-called NE fans who want to see NE lose, TB win the SB, etc.

Can you try to exaggerate more? I don't think so.

It sounds like something is constricting blood flow to your brain.

Show me a fan that wants the Patriots to lose and Tampa to win the Super Bowl. Just one (a Patriot fan I mean).

Him selling BS medicine **** with Guerrero for years (at an expensive price, no less) is clear evidence, to me of course, that i would not like to talk to Tom Brady in person at lenght

He does sound like an awesome teammate tho, ngl

So is your issue with what he's selling, or that it doesn't fit within your budget?

Can you try to exaggerate more? I don't think so.

It sounds like something is constricting blood flow to your brain.

Show me a fan that wants the Patriots to lose and Tampa to win the Super Bowl. Just one (a Patriot fan I mean).

Just one? This post took me 1 minute to find

I’ll root for the Pats every single time, unless Brady is playing against us. Not sorry. Call me a fake fan or whatever you want. But I’ve watched the GOAT represent this region for twenty years of my life and bring us SIX titles. There is no way in hell I would root for him to lose to any team, the Pats included.

Given the style and structure of the passing offense BB created and deployed during the vast majority of Brady’s tenure in NE, I give less credit to the QB who threw the scripted 2 yard pass and more credit to the pass catching RB or slot receiver who navigated through extreme congestion and turned a 2 yd pass into 8 yd gain or a 3rd an 18 into a 1st down.

What interests me most now is watching Tompa Brady operate in an offense that wasn’t crafted around his perceived strengths.
The sideline pick 6 pass last week was a perfect example of a pattern BB likely purposely steered clear of because the risk / reward ratio of completing a 25 yard diagonal pass to net 10 yards vs a vertical 10 yd pass pass between the hash marks that nets 10 yds.

IMO, Arians is foolish relying on Brady to be a mistake free down field passer. He should ask himself why Belichick deemphasized WR in NE over the past few years and instead surrounded Brady with a fleet of pass catching RBs.

Fournette is the right kind of pass catching toy for 43 yr old Tompa, but will Arians utilize him to fit his QB’s strength?
You're a comedic genius, I tell ya.

WRONG!

He was unbelievably good in those games.

Game 1: 34-44 for 343 yards. Team scored 35 points in the first half. Brady was stellar.
Game 2: 30-46 for 348 yards. 37 points AT Kansas City. Brady was clutch in the final moments, went 3-4 for 56 yards to give them the go ahead TD with 30 seconds left, and in OT he threw for 60 yards. GREAT performance.
Game 3: he did have a bad quarter, but in he was stellar the rest of the game, especially the 4th quarter when he lead the team on two 70 yard drives, and made a perfect throw to seal the game.

This playoff performance was arguably just as good as the previous years when he gave the 2nd greatest QB performance in Super Bowl history, 2nd to his performance of the prior year.

Only a delusional Patriots fan could complain about 3 Super Bowls in 3 years and 2 of those were victories. Absurd to say 2018 wasn't stellar. You have a rude awakening in the future when it comes to QB play, because I guarantee you, it will not be as good as 2018 for a very very very long time.

The crazy thing about it is that Brady helped the Pats get their 6th SB win only a year and a half ago.

The most amazing part to me about Brady was how clutch he was and how great he was at reading defenses. Of course he had to have players make the catches, but in the biggest of moments he saw the right target and hit it regularly. He was like the Larry Bird of the NYFL.

Tom has thrown pick-sixes three games in a row. The two in regular season games were nearly identical.

It is amazing how completely delusional some people are when it comes to protecting their own cognitive dissonance.

Anyone claiming Brady was stellar in 2018 -- even in the KC AFCCG -- should sit through the entire game and then watch some of the masterful **** he was doing in 2016 or 2017.

Hell, just watch the OT of the SB against the Falcons and the OT against the Chiefs. In one of the two he put on a masterclass that never felt in doubt, in the other we got through by the skin of our teeth converting three third & longs.

It's either black or white. Either he is football jesus and everything he has done is stellar or he is just a product of coaching and a system. There is no room for nuance or objectivity.

From start to finish here Brady was as clutch as any QB ever. I was going to write the examples down in this thread but I don't have the time. It was an incredible run that won't ever be matched.

I've said it a number of times. I've put up the stats. 350 yards. 75% completion %. 35 points by halftime. If you think that's on the back of a vaunted running game, I question what you think you're even looking at. No other QB in football wins that game in KC.

Average game in the AFCCG? No, great game. Do you know how insanely hard it is for a QB to do well there? The Patriots jumped on their necks and then throttled down--only to watch the defense come apart. But when they throttled up again, it was Brady leading it.

I consider that KC game one of Brady's best and most memorable performances.

One of his most memorable for sure. Best? No. Not when another team's unforced error prevented him from losing the game on an INT.

Just one? This post took me 1 minute to find

I know I read a couple more that said they wouldn't know who to cheer for if Brady met the Pats in a Super Bowl. If you're a Pats fan the answer should not even be a second thought. I hope the Pats smash him into the ground again and again and again.

I know I read a couple more that said they wouldn't know who to cheer for if Brady met the Pats in a Super Bowl. If you're a Pats fan the answer should not even be a second thought. I hope the Pats smash him into the ground again and again and again.

Well, I hope they win, but I'd rather not him being "smashed"...;)

Tompa’s gone......BB more forthcoming?

BB on Russell Wilson: (PFT) “I don’t really see anybody better than this player”

I'm a fan of the New England Patriots. Not Tom Brady (especially after he showed his true, whiny colors last year). Once a player leaves he's dead to me. There's no conflict at all between cheering for NE and wanting to see non-NE teams lose.

In any case, it's certainly better than the so-called NE fans who want to see NE lose, TB win the SB, etc.

I don't believe that there are Pats fans rooting for TB over the Pats.

The only time that I wouldn't root for a former Pats player who helped us win SB's, especially 6 of them, would be if he bad-mouthed the team after he left (Revis) or left the team in a shady manner (Martin).

Tompa’s gone......BB more forthcoming?

BB on Russell Wilson: (PFT) “I don’t really see anybody better than this player”

There's a thread floating around way downstream from here about the best QB's of today. I was shocked at the time when nobody mentioned Wilson until it was almost a page in. He's my #1 choice.

I’ll say once again, Peyton Manning went to Denver and struggled for 5 weeks before adjusting and once he did his team was the most dangerous in the league. He did not have an all star coach. It’s very premature to declare a victory when Tampa player a top NFC team in game 1 led by one of the all time best passers in history and we beat a mediocre Dolphin team.

By the end of next week it could be us getting stomped in Seattle and the Bucs beating Carolina and the narrative is flipped.

In fact the Bucs should be viewed as favorites in their next 4 games until GB

I’ll say once again, Peyton Manning went to Denver and struggled for 5 weeks before adjusting and once he did his team was the most dangerous in the league. He did not have an all star coach.

Peyton was also 36 years old and the Broncos brought in Peyton's system from Indy to Denver. It also took Peyton 4 years to win a title in Denver. Tom does not have any of these luxuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST