PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tampa is going to have to do a much better job catching the ball if they are going to win the whole thing particularly when they play that style of offense. Evans and Godwin both dropped easy passes and even the tipped INT is one of those plays a star WR like Evans needs to make. It was certainly high but it almost looked to me like he mis-timed his jump a bit.

are AB, Winfield, Whitehead going to be good for the super bowl? man they need them
Probably not Whitehead. He dislocated his shoulder from the looks of it. I’d bet Brown and Winfield will be good to go. Winfield for sure. He was a game time decision.

Fantastic win for Brady. He just finds a WAY to get to that Big Dance!

10 Superbowl Appearances. Most ever. If he wins ring #7 with the Bucs there might just be a riot at Foxboro.

BB not looking so Genius now to Cut Brady LOOSE!
Meh. He’s no Cam Newton or Jarrett Stidham.

Bucs offense has to be better. Godwin and Evans need to find their hands, and Brady needs to play mistake free, unlike the horrendous 4th quarter.

Bucs are looking good to win.

Bucs offense has to be better. Godwin and Evans need to find their hands, and Brady needs to play mistake free, unlike the horrendous 4th quarter.

For me the first one was the worse! Second one was tipped and the last one Evans had a step and the fail blitz pick up by fournette caused Brady to throw from his back foot and was underthrown! But the play calling in the second half was bad ! They needed to be more conservative and not so predictable! It’s hard to get 1st down when your opponent knew you are gonna run on 1st down and you are in 2nd and long everytime!

They needed to be more conservative and not so predictable! It’s hard to get 1st down when your opponent knew you are gonna run on 1st down and you are in 2nd and long everytime!
The number of first down runs up the middle was truly stunning to watch especially since it never really worked outside of that one TD run by Fournette. They rarely seem to look for that safe 4-6 yard throw to set up 2nd and short or even to move the chains on 3rd down. Rodgers was throwing out to the flat for 5-10 yard pickups all game it seemed.

Tampa is going to have to do a much better job catching the ball if they are going to win the whole thing particularly when they play that style of offense. Evans and Godwin both dropped easy passes and even the tipped INT is one of those plays a star WR like Evans needs to make. It was certainly high but it almost looked to me like he mis-timed his jump a bit.
Things are never perfect in these conf. champ games. Both teams are worthy to be in the SB. It is just a matter of playing the best situationally which the Bucs did. Their D was money on every drive after it became a 5 point game. Brady's dagger before half was huge.

It wasn't that bad for Brady. The overthrow to Evans was bad but the 2 INTs on 3rd down were 40 yards downfield. They were punts effectively.

For me the first one was the worse! Second one was tipped and the last one Evans had a step and the fail blitz pick up by fournette caused Brady to throw from his back foot and was underthrown! But the play calling in the second half was bad ! They needed to be more conservative and not so predictable! It’s hard to get 1st down when your opponent knew you are gonna run on 1st down and you are in 2nd and long everytime!
The first one was a 40 yard throw on 3rd down. Effectively a punt

The first one was a 40 yard throw on 3rd down. Effectively a punt
I agree about the result but I was talking more about the throw itself! The first one was really really bad throw! 2 yard inside instead of outside

Brady was lights out the 1st half. 2nd half he was trying to give Rodgers a chance to win the game. But Rodgers only mustered 6 points off of 3 consecutive turnovers. Rodgers choked more.

We don’t know the severity of Whitehead’s injury but for what it’s worth, he was available and talked to the media in the post game press conferences

Brady to Rodgers: congrats on your regular season MVP but I like my SB MVP better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents