PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minor here means no torn ligaments or cartilage. Even if true u likely he’s back next week, but would be a good possibility for round 2.
I bet he plays next week. He was playing on a severely hurt ankle earlier in the season.

Brady was really whipping around the ball with accuracy today. He looked great. That throw in the 2nd qtr to Antonio Brown on the right sideline was thrown with great velocity and accuracy. Impressive.

So many people at the beginning of this thread said that Brady had lost it.

NO!!!!!!!!!

I would love to see Tom win #7 this year. But I just don't think Tampa has a SuperBowl caliber defense. Maybe if they can fix the secondary in the offseason and get a real HC.

Bingo. Their D is soft.

Good, I don't want to see the boring Saints in the Super Bowl. In fact, they could choke as early as next weekend.

Unlikely the Saints would choke against the Bears...

Can TB beat the Giants in Metlife Stadium? I think the Eagles win tonite.
Call me superstitious, but I'd rather Brady not face the giants a 3rd time in the playoffs.

• Winner
Reactions: PP2
If you're talking about Brady's play he was very good this year. Not his best year by a long shot, but he had a legit very good year. Which has never happened for a 42 year old QB. Let alone a 43 year old QB. He had a B+ borderline A- year. That is unprecedented.

As for how good the Bucs are as a whole, they have question marks. If they need to score 35+ points every week to win they will lose though. Brady probably can't be that consistent 4 games in a row anymore and the defenses won't be that bad. They will need their D to win at least one for them against a good offense. Can they do that? I don't know.
Agree on both comments.

But as for your comment on how far they'll go, it pretty much sums it up for almost all SB winners. At some point, a strong offense will struggle and the D has to carry the team.

Just look at NE 2018 SB run. The offense played lights out the 1st and 2and game. In the SB against the Ram, they were playing an elite defense but our D was also elite and kept it close for the offense to do just enough to win.

Very easily could have been 45. Had 3 touchdowns dropped against the panthers and another 2 today
Not trying to put Evan's down in anyway, but I found it odd that he just didn't hold the ball a split second longer. He already had it in his grasp. He already landed and he wasn't being hit.

So it’s WFT or Giants right?

I think Brady has made his way back into the MVP conversation. He probably won’t win it but his last month will raise a few eyebrows and might get a few votes.
Rodgers stats pretty much make him the lock to win it. Brady should get at least a few votes, maybe even make it close for 2nd with Mahomes.

Not trying to put Evan's down in anyway, but I found it odd that he just didn't hold the ball a split second longer. He already had it in his grasp. He already landed and he wasn't being hit.

I think it was more of an involuntary reaction, kind of like being kicked in the balls immediately going into a defensive position.

Ahh, the voice of experience
Oh **** man, you got me with that hilarious "you gay" rejoinder.

I hope you refrigerate material that fresh.

Why when we talk about Brady we always referenced the talent he has in TB and that's the reason he has a great season but when we talk about Mahomes we never say look at all the talent he has?

The Chiefs offense looks completely different when Tyreek Hill isn't on the field

You should try bending your knee like that. With the jolt of pain that takes place when that happens, your entire body shuts down for a split second.

Really can’t tell you how badly I want the Redskins to win to avoid yet another ******** undeserving Giants team going against Brady with a week full of SB highlights and Eli Manning bits of advice for how to pull it off.

Really can’t tell you how badly I want the Redskins to win to avoid yet another ******** undeserving Giants team going against Brady with a week full of SB highlights and Eli Manning bits of advice for how to pull it off.

I think Tampa matches up better with NYG. Washington has an experienced QB and a nasty defensive front. I think Tampa would ultimately win against either, but it'll be a bit harder against WFT.

BTW, if a team wins a super bowl like the 07 and 11 Giants, they are far from underserving...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick