PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. What a juxtaposition. Pats lose horribly with Newton who can't throw and Brady leads a three score comeback in the third. Bill looks like an absolute clown.
You mean Bill the GM.

Bill the coach has kepy this no talent NE team competitive.

You mean Bill the GM.

Bill the coach has kepy this no talent NE team competitive.
No qualms with Bill the Coach. Bill the GM needs to scrap the way he’s been doing things and initiate a fresh start. It needs to begin by ripping up his book on WRs, cutting Caserio loose, and asking Dorsey what he wants to come to New England and provide a fresh perspective.

giphy.gif

No qualms with Bill the Coach. Bill the GM needs to scrap the way he’s been doing things and initiate a fresh start. It needs to begin by ripping up his book on WRs, cutting Caserio loose, and asking Dorsey what he wants to come to New England and provide a fresh perspective.
Yeah. We need an overhaul and new ways to looks things in terms of team building. It is hard to believe this team had cap issues this year AND is so devoid of talent. Normally when a team is in cap hell, it has talent that is overpaid. We have nothing.

This is the kind of game that makes me think the Bucs have a deep playoff run in them, despite the coaching.

I have no idea what it is with this Bucs team. One of the weirdest teams I have ever seen. Just a completely different team in second halves.

Them being weird is a reason they can still be dangerous in the playoffs. I still wouldn’t count them out.

Everytime they do Bruce Arians stuff, they are horrible and when they switch to NE stuff they are very good.

the second half was basically typical NE stuff. A lot of WR screens, short stuff.

The Falcons are actually not that bad of a team. They just seem to be in a perpetual choke loop in which they give away game after game late. Brady with another clutch ending.

People don't want to believe this because these guys are pros, but the Super Bowl loss destroyed them. Psychologically. It was all doom after that. Oh but they're pros! The psychology of an athlete is an interesting thing. And a pro athlete is even more interesting. Any Red Sox fan who watched '86 and '03 knows those losses were all psychological losses.

Yeah. We need an overhaul and new ways to looks things in terms of team building. It is hard to believe this team had cap issues this year AND is so devoid of talent. Normally when a team is in cap hell, it has talent that is overpaid. We have nothing.

Dude, we'll be competing for the Super Bowl next year.

Let the other teams have this season from hell.

We'll sign all the players jettisoned because 90% of the league will be in cap hell.

And we have a solid core of young players too. All 5 of the linemen, Damien Harris, a couple good 3rd WRs, JC Jackson J Jones, Dugger, Winovich, Uche, etc. You watch--we'll be back with a vengeance this year.

Of all the years to clear out the roster and salary cap, this was the best year to do it.

We'll sign all the players jettisoned because 90% of the league will be in cap hell.

And we have a solid core of young players too. All 5 of the linemen, Damien Harris, a couple good 3rd WRs, JC Jackson J Jones, Dugger, Winovich, Uche, etc. You watch--we'll be back with a vengeance this year.

Of all the years to clear out the roster and salary cap, this was the best year to do it.
I agree with the optimism, but I can also see us trading out of the 1st round and drafting a CB in the 2nd rather than getting a stud WR or TE

I agree with the optimism, but I can also see us trading out of the 1st round and drafting a CB in the 2nd rather than getting a stud WR or TE
NE are still hitting it in the middle and late rounds, and free agents. However, they've been awful in the 1st and 2nd rounds for 6 or 7 years now.

I sure hope so. Two of our Olinemen are FAs. Doubt we keep Thuney. I hope we keep Andrews. We have 22 total UFAs. We will have to spend a chunk of our cap money on retaining some of our own guys. I just want us to get a legit QB. Without that, the rest is moot.

This is the kind of game that makes me think the Bucs have a deep playoff run in them, despite the coaching.
They have not faired well against the more talented teams( Saints, Chiefs, Rams) and when they have to go on the road in the playoffs, I'd expect their defense and coaching to let them down.

I sure hope so. Two of our Olinemen are FAs. Doubt we keep Thuney. I hope we keep Andrews. We have 22 total UFAs. We will have to spend a chunk of our cap money on retaining some of our own guys. I just want us to get a legit QB. Without that, the rest is moot.
Thuney has nowhere to go. Teams will be jettisoning their best players with big contracts. No one is signing guards for $14m per next year. Not happening.

I agree with you about the QB but something tells me Belichick has a plan for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes