PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an interesting post game interview. At about 1:30 Arians talks about the TD to Tyler and how he was the 4th read on the play and the Bucs had never completed a pass to him on that play before. That speaks to Brady reading the defense and making the right decision and a great throw. It's those type of things that don't show up on that stat sheet but result in a TD.

Does anyone else suspect Mike Evans has a high ankle sprain? That's what the injury looked like initially (at best.) In the last two games, he's barely been targeted.
Thats what it looked like to me. I had a bad high ankle sprain playing hoops in my younger days and it took months before I got back. And I was a decent athlete then in very good shape. Evans doesn't look right.

Thats what it looked like to me. I had a bad high ankle sprain playing hoops in my younger days and it took months before I got back. And I was a decent athlete then in very good shape. Evans doesn't look right.

Yeah those things can effect players for the entire season and sometimes require surgery after the season. Hoping that, since he has actually played, it is one of the mild-mid sprains and not the severe ones. Just found a Tweet I was looking for which seems to confirm it...

One could say the same thing about BB. Compare his career with and without Brady. And I daresay, it looked ugly before and it’s starting to look ugly again.
Go hang out with the Tampa crowd.

I think the rebuild was mainly about the cap situation. BB took some calculated risks last year with Gordon, AB then Sanu and he ultimately got burned. He could have manipulated the cap this year to keep Brady and maybe one of the linebackers and pay the piper in 2021 and/or 2022 but I assume he felt the team still would not have what it takes so it was better to bite the bullet now and rebuild. Hard to lose 3 defensive starters, your HOF QB and some additional depth players and expect to compete for a Super Bowl. Then lose 3 more starters before the season due to COVID opt outs and the team is thinner than it has been in probably 20 years. Cam is clearly not in Brady's class but with a cheap contract he just may be good enough to help them sneak into the playoffs and maybe pull off an upset. Hopefully the kids get some serious experience and with a substantial amount of cap space for next year they can fill in some holes and be re-positioned to be a serious contender as soon as next year. Hard for me to see Brady and Gronk lighting it up for another team but I can understand why all parties did it. .
THIS.

Yeah. A garbage take like that gets them blocked. I’d rather read intelligent and informed Patriots takes and that is neither.

He’s not wrong. There’s a very high possibility at the end of this year the story is “Belichick missed the playoffs 4 times in NE, 3 times were without Brady”. Then add Cleveland on top of it and it’s in 8 of his 9 seasons without Brady, he missed the playoffs.

Meanwhile Brady’s on pace to be possibly the only 20+ year QB ever to not have a losing season while Belichick’s likely going to miss out on tying Landry’s 20 consecutive winning season record after hitting 19.

There’s a chance it doesn’t happen, but right now it’s trending that way. If it does, that will be part of his story

He’s not wrong. There’s a very high possibility at the end of this year the story is “Belichick missed the playoffs 4 times in NE, 3 times were without Brady”. Then add Cleveland on top of it and it’s in 8 of his 9 seasons without Brady, he missed the playoffs.

Meanwhile Brady’s on pace to be possibly the only 20+ year QB ever to not have a losing season while Belichick’s likely going to miss out on tying Landry’s 20 consecutive winning season record after hitting 19.

There’s a chance it doesn’t happen, but right now it’s trending that way. If it does, that will be part of his story
Yes that take is wrong and it's embarrassing for our fanbase for something like that to even be seen here on our board.

As for the Patriots they're 2-3 and werent that far off from 4-1. There's plenty of season left.

Last edited:
I literally just listed 8 Steelers busts! Not to mention the fact that some of the studs like Antonio Brown are late rounders and not premiums.

The Steelers are 7/17 on their hit rate over the time we're talking about. I didn't check the rest of the NFL to see if that's in line, but one thing is for sure, the Steelers expend a lot of picks on WRs, maybe more than anyone else in the NFL, and the Patriots expend so few, maybe the least in the NFL.

Hit rate is so misleading. The Steelers drafted like 7 pro bowl caliber WRs over the last 20 years and you bring up role player Patriot WRs and say the 'hit rate' is the same. There's a big difference from just making the team to being one of the league's best

I'm rooting for Tom. But this season shouldn't be a surprise. The Pats had a terrible cap situation this summer including the albatross dead cap Brady money. So this year is more of a cleanup cap year, always was. In the bigger time horizon I think Belichick also looks good the next 3 years.

Yes that take is wrong and it's embarrassing for our fanbase for something like that to even be seen here on our board.

As for the Patriots they're 2-3 and not that far off from 4-1. There's plenty of season left.
That take has zero allowance for the fact we had six players opt out before the season started then played KC without our starting QB then lost our bye and played DEN with one practice under our belts due to COVID19. COVID1 is not like other injuries. A random injury doesn't take six players at once, or prevents the whole team from practicing. This season has a giant asterisk after it, and we're only 1/3rd through the regular season.

I thought this was the TB and Gronk thread, not the BB legacy thread...

That take has zero allowance for the fact we had six players opt out before the season started then played KC without our starting QB then lost our bye and played DEN with one practice under our belts due to COVID19. COVID1 is not like other injuries. A random injury doesn't take six players at once, or prevents the whole team from practicing.

I thought this was the TB and Gronk thread, not the BB legacy thread...

Just Bradyite drool and nothing more.

It would be exactly like Brady making the Super Bowl and losing, then someone calling Brady the biggest Super Bowl loser of all time. That would be factually correct, as in that scenario no QB has lost more Super Bowls than him. So that matters right? Anyone with a brain would say no it doesn't and gtfo with that nonsense. Same is true for Bill regardless of what happens from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3